1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic poised to sign McAllister

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by SwoopingVulture, May 7, 2007.

Discuss Celtic poised to sign McAllister in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gerry_bhoy

Yeah I read that to, it was the fact that we have like 9 strikers already that put him off - move just didn't seem right.

If anything hes mature and sensible, he'd rather go somewhere he has a realistic chance at breaking the first team now, rather sitting on his * picking up a pay cheque with us.

2. Renegade T

Fav Celtic Player:
    Diego Samaradona
    this topic is sooo dead , who gives a toss about the lad :fear:

3. davie_glasgow

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many to choose just one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    them all
    hey ive not bad mouthed the guy,,,,quote me on what ive said about him,

ure just another bandwagon member

i wont hold by breath on a responce,, cos i never bad mouthed hin,,or any 1 here,

unless i get it in the neck,,i WILL RESPOND OK,,

4. davie_glasgow

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    them all
    did i or did i not say,,,hes not for celtic,,,,,or words to that effect,,,

WHERES MY CEE,GAARRR

this is

DAVIE GLASGOW
    TALKSCELTIC
    GLASGOW

5. Gaffney

Fav Celtic Player:
    JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think the lad has made the wrong choice with our cooaches and new training ground coming soon it's avery good time for him to join.

6. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I called him a loser for not signing, just to be silly. Some people take folks comments on here too seriously.

He's doing something similar to what Mark Wilson did, where he thought he'd be better off at another club playing first team before moving to a bigger club.

7. gunt

Sadly I am almost certain you are right. Similar to Lenny. They are both from the ultra-sectarian North Armagh area. His family would have no doubt got grief too from the bad element and unlike Lenny he has his Northern Ireland career ahead of him so he would have years of abuse. Cant blame the boy at all and you have to pity hiim cause fear of sectarianism may have robbed him of the best opportunity that may ever come his way. :38:

8. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree, some people think that a player cant possibly get a bad deal from coming to Celtic when coming from league/clubs of a "lower stature".aut?bo

He stood up for himself in a contract talk he could have been intimidated in, what are u actually complaining about

9. Numpty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Donati
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    stuff him

10. davie_glasgow

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    them all
    dempsey,, u harped on about brilliant complex for training,,world class coaches, and how lennoxtown would be "and i quote" great for bringing new players to the club.

and a 17 yearold says no to that,,not just that, but also CELTIC,,

i havent known a 17 year old EVER to knock back a chance of joining glasgow celtic.

it may come out that celtic says no,,to him or changed there minds about him but
    al the things u mention and harp on about i,e lennoxtown,, execelent coaches ,ect,,if its not good enough for him ,,, ,, i rest my case,,,

my case being,,having new training and trainers dosent mean, every1 will rush to celtic,

oh and i nearly forgot,,, u also mention behind the scenes,,,,that there was a lot going on there,,and the best scouts ,,, ,,,, i think u said scowering europe,,

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2007
  11. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

I won't be able to sleep the next 4 weeks because he didn't sign...

cmon lads, there are enough young lads out there :84:

12. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Read again, that isnt what I said. I said it was MORE LIKELY. You think a player should agree to a contract because Celtic are offering, NO OTHER CONGTRACT IS WORTH CONSIDERING!!!

13. jonny_cfc_n01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka and King Arthur
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers song
    Probably wants to play for his Country his loss. Lack of ambition and confidence to say we have to many strikers imo

14. Eamonnhenrik

aye am from there mate, good enuf we town expect for about 6000 roundabouts and gypseys lol

15. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Broon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    McAllister says no, Davie Glasgows over it :celt_2:

How many of you will be losing sleep over it?

16. pauloantony

Fav Celtic Player:
    too many to list of present and past.
    Dungannon Swifts Harry Fay has shed more light on why teenage striker Mark McAllister rejected a two-year contract with Celtic.

The 19-year-old was offered the deal but decided not to sign as he would rather move to a club offering a better chance of regular first-team football. It appears to be the right decision, and hopefully will encourage other young players to actually find a club where they can play instead of taking the money to, at best, warm the bench.

He is now expected to move to England - with Cardiff City, Norwich City and troubled Leeds United all rumoured to be interested in securing his signature.

Fay told the Belfast Telegraph: "There is a lot of competition for places at Celtic, eight strikers between the first-team and the reserves and Mark may have spent a lot of time not playing. He has made a responsible decision in that he knows he has come on a lot in the last 12 months and he is ambitious.

"Mark would like to be somewhere he is going to see action on a regular basis. The worst case scenario is that he stays with Dungannon for another season and I don't think that is exactly a bad scenario."

So by rejected a move to Celtic, McAllister has shown he is exactly the sort of player we want - one who is hungry to play as often as possible, rather than one who just sees football as a way to make easy money.

Combined with the news that Hibernian midfielder Scott Brown rejected a big money move to the English Premiership in order to stay in Scotland with Celtic, perhaps the future of the game isn't looking as bleak as it did a few days ago.

thank *!

17. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!