1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic players you've met?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Norm Peterson, Jan 11, 2017.

Discuss Celtic players you've met? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Always been an arrogant, rude, obnoxious * when it came to giving out autographs. Can remember someone complaining to him once after he gave their kid an 'autograph' with his initials P.L instead of his name. His excuse was he was in a rush. * who I never want to see here as manager.

2. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Lambert was always rushing away, and Chris Sutton was always sneaking out the back. It's always nice to see the players who are happy to spend time with the kids who idolise them. I know it can be a hassle, but it's not too much in the grand scheme of things.

3. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My friend and I met henrik and bratbaak at whitecraigs golf club when I was about 12. We were teeing off after them and basically chased them round the course. They let us join them (quiet summers day) to tell them about the course etc. Really decent gesture as I can imagine we were a pain in the *! They gave us autographs and gave us golf balls at the end. Unreal day! Btw big harald was a cracking golfer!

Bumblebee likes this.
  4. paulpaul17

Celtic used to put new players up in what is now the holiday inn on the edge of EK, and I used to go swimming there as a kid.

Met Andreas Thom, lovely guy.

Met Larsson and Blinker when they first signed, don't think either spoke much English yet and Larsson wasn't really relevant yet so it wasn't a big fuss.

My dad ended up drinking buddies for a while with Jonathan Gould who got him some signed Celtic tops.

One day the Scotland U21 squad were there, and Phil O'D and Simon Donnely were drinking with another player who wasn't a Tim. We went up and got the two autographs we wanted, and my mum made me go back up and get third as she felt sorry for him. No idea who the third player was, I think he played for Aberdeen.

Since that hurrah ended the only player I met was Tommy Johnson last year. Some mad keepy up whizz kid was doing a show at my kids football, the kind of * from britains got talent. All the kids were rushing up to meet them and I clocked tommy j at the side of the pitch, he was scouting for Blackburn Rovers.

He was very nice and clearly couldn't be arsed with me, but persevered so I give him credit. Talked about his goal v St Mirren on title day in 2001, he said I made him feel old when I mentioned I was as 13 at the time and it was one of my favourite memories.

5. Bumblebee

I always liked Tommy Johnson for some mad reason, loved that celebration when he scored a goal he didn't mean and put his hand up to his mouth in shock. Ah memories..

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  6. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Pat Bonner, met him at Daniel o donnels hotel in Donegal

7. lennon11

Big * b and the maestro, whars the burds and a few others, these three were my favourites though.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Liked him as well and his scuffed finish against St Mirren. Looking over and they had the tiniest wee section in the main stand. Simon Donnelly the other mentioned as well was a favourite of mine growing up..

Bumblebee likes this.
  9. paulpaul17

Mate that's the very goal v st mirren. It's not because he didn't mean it, he had an easy chance and he scuffed the shot, but somehow got a second harder chance immediately that he scored.

Aidan O’Shea and Bumblebee like this.
  10. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Josh faces a long rehabilitation ..............
    http://southportfc.net/josh-thompson-condition-update/

11. Aidan O’Shea

Haha *, I'd forgotten about that goal! I loved Tommy Johnson!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  12. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    When I was younger circa 2003, cousins took me to Celtic Park on a weekday. Loads of people were there waiting for players to come out after training - was a scorcher of a day too, which contributed.

Sound *: Hartson (stayed for ages), Larsson, Momo Sylla, Varga, Petrov, Agathe, Jackie. Broto (but no * really knew him nor wanted his autograph).

Kinda sound: Lennon - snuck out the back and drove past in his car, but did stop and sign our autographs. Balde

Worst *: Lambert, kinda Sutton (was dour faced).

13. Aidan O’Shea

Really disappointed to hear all these negative experiences of Lambert :54:

14. Ak1

Spent some time walking behind John Hartson at centre parks a few years back, before his health issues. Think he might have been at Wba at the time.
    Couldn't believe how big the fella was, like a cow on 2 legs.
    Remember thinking how the * would you stop him if you were an opponent. I'm a pretty big guy, but I remember thinking he'd have smashed me to pieces if I had ever been good enough to compete against him.
    Ginormous!!
    Had his kids with him in Swansea tops (Grrrr!) so didn't want to disturb him.
    Just stood and admired him from a distance

Met Chris Morris on a fa coaching course 3 months ago. He does Fa coaching for Cornwall or around the south west.
    Wasn't aware he was going to be on the course, and after I arrived wearing a Celtic training top, the conversation just stumbled into Eire, Italia90 and Celtic.
    Very nice guy, willing to help anybody

15. Mr. Slippyfist

My da got given a pair of his "black magic" shorts - * XXXL!

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone?

17. strike twice

The players don't leave by the main door . They use the secret underground train . It is made entirely of gold , and is encrusted in diamonds . The whole system was fully funded by money from Glasgow City Council , and MUST remain top secret . It links up Celtic Park , the City Chambers , Lennoxtown and the Vatican . Remember that this can't be openly talked about . If word gets out and the Zombies hear of it , it could cause some of them to dig out their crayons , and write barely legible notes to UEFA , and other bodies , and ring up another massive bill that has to be paid for by the public purse .

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not too surprised.

Comes across as a bit of a miserable *.

19. StevieBhoooy!

Danny McGrain and Caesar when I was a kid.

20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

:56: