1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic FC v Rosenborg BK, UEFA Europa League, Thursday 20th Sept KO 8pm, Result....1-0

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Sep 14, 2018.

Discuss Celtic FC v Rosenborg BK, UEFA Europa League, Thursday 20th Sept KO 8pm, Result....1-0 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Ntcham is suspended in any case..

Consistency is the hardest thing for young midfielders to achieve, he has the ability and quality no doubt.

2. saltire78

It was pig ugly last night, but it was a win. Fact is that we're not firing at all but are still 2nd, and joint top of the EL group. As fixtures take effect we'll find more space against SPFL teams, and hopefully we'll be more structured and coordinated in Europe.
    On plus side, our defense looks better...

Sean Daleer and Paradise88 like this.
  3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I agree with you on that point but it's the most basic mistakes he is making. I lost count of the amount of under 20 yard passes that he hit straight to an opponent.

As fantastic as he can be at the top of his game, for every 9 out of 10 performance we're getting 2 x 5 out of 10 performance from him. That's no good to us at the moment.

I'd give Mulumbu a chance on Sunday and if he plays well then it's up to Ntcham to cut out the basic mistakes and get back into the team on merit.

Artorias likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Rosenberg were well organised and thought to break down, we dominated them..

It’s a good win.

Artorias and saltire78 like this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Agreed looking forward to seeing Mulumbu.. patience is required with all our young players tho, we have plenty..

6. Bilka19

As a Yankee from Toledo, OH, watching this game from a $3 stream, watching wee Leigh score that goal just drives home the fact that seeing the hoops on a Euro night at Paradise #1 on my bucket list. I freak out from home. I can’t even imagine what the atmosphere is like in that park.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

On the whole I agree.

I had a heated exchange with a guy who said "is this the pish we're bringing off the bench Brendan?" when Johnson took a bad touch and it ran out of play. The difference with Johnson is a lot of his mistakes come down to being over-eager to impress, either opting for a shot when a pass is on or taking on too many players. You can tell he is desperate to force his way into the team and I'll never criticise a guy that's giving his all.

With Ntcham, at various points last night and against St Mirren he looked like he couldn't be bothered. Slack passes, bad touches, lazy tackles. It's as if the Porto bid in the summer has went to his head a bit and he's suffering from Big Time Charlie Syndrome.

MagicBallBhoy and Sydneysider like this.
  8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

His attitude can look wrong when he’s having a bad game as his style of play is relaxed so he looks even more complacent.. but aye to be s top player he needs to be consistent in all aspects of the game..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop

Cena likes this.
  10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Most worrying thing about last night was that I wasn't even getting angry watching us huff and puff, it was complete apathy. Watching us right now is a chore. I was going to head to Rugby Park on Sunday to get a ticket but watching that last night has sapped any remaining enthusiasm right out me.

Rodgers has a conundrum. Lustig is basically an empty jersey now when selected, I suspect that's why he was trying 3 at the back but that doesn't suit us either.

Is Gamboa the answer? or do we need a different shape in midfield to make 3 at the back work?

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Not recruiting a RB who can attack and defend limits our tactical options, no doubt.. but Gamboa deserves a wee chance and hopefully plays on Sun..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Been saying that for almost 2 years now. It's criminal that we're still in this position given Lustig is long past it, Rodgers clearly doesn't see Gamboa as the long-term answer and Ralston struggled to make an impact at Dundee United.

13. TheHappyLoss

Delighted with the win , but we are brutal to watch

Twisty likes this.
  14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If you decide to leave before the end and have reached the concourse, you should forfeit your right to celebrate a late winning goal.

The amount of people that came running back in :s:

And no, I wasn’t there. But I can have an opinion.

Montero and StPauli1916 like this.
  15. Da-HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Fergus McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Foggy Dew
    2nd best highlight from last night

16. Maestro 08

How Rodgers or anyone for that matter can look at the two and come to the conclusion that Lustig offers us more is beyond me. I don't know what it is about Gamboa, as a player I though he would be right up Brendans street but he just won't play the guy. Baffling.

17. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Spot talking utter *, you mean you wait to see if we win and then post......

And come out with I told you we would do it and that would win ha ha

Pipe down.

18. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    When the goal went in, I was more relieved than delighted.

I think others have covered the details of last night adequately; not the best performance, but at least it's 3 points.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think it's more personal rather than thinking he's a better player. It's been cited in the past that his opting to play for Costa Rica in the Confederations Cup while we had Champions League qualifiers was the reason he wasn't being selected.

If that's the real reason then it's petty and should have been dealt with long ago, either by having a clear the air meeting or by asking him to find a new club and getting someone else in. Boyata was back in the team within weeks of refusing to play.

He won't be on a pittance having came from the Premiership so it helps no-one to have a guy on £15k+ a week contributing nothing.

20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I'm pretty sure be is an upgrade on Erik,Jozo n Boyata. None of whom I fancied even in their first couple of games.

Seán Mac D likes this.