1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic FC v Rosenborg BK, UEFA Europa League, Thursday 20th Sept KO 8pm, Result....1-0

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Sep 14, 2018.

Discuss Celtic FC v Rosenborg BK, UEFA Europa League, Thursday 20th Sept KO 8pm, Result....1-0 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stew37

Ntcham was * awful. There were times he just didn't look interested. Thank * for Griff; it was as flat a performance as I've seen, particularly second half. Tierney once again though, absolutely outstanding.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Rodgers has us playing like he's spent some time studying Barry Ferguson's style of play.

Side-to-side crab fitba pish.

Just goes to show you what some good ol' fashioned direct lump it up the park stuff can get ye when all the attempts at the fancy pants tippy-tappy fitba provides * all...

Marie, neilly1987 and Sean Daleer like this.
  3. Da-HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny Fergus McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Foggy Dew
    That won't be the only time Griff is scoring the night with the nut on it :50:

Slater67 likes this.
  4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    You durty minded individual you :56:

Da-HunSkelper likes this.
  5. Cmcgregor90

That was painfully hard to watch

6. freitassen

The issue is, at the same Ntcham is one of the very few players in our squad capable of changing a match on its own, he sometimes has, and has always had since his time in Genoa, an horrible attitude. You can very well tell, from the beggining of a match, when he is going to be a waste of a jersey. He tries aimless shots all the time, doesn't make an effort to position himself well, is greedy and overly sophisticated with passing, to sum up, he plays for himself and not for the team. When he came, I trusted Brendan to solve this and turn him into a great player but this is getting worse instead of better.

I am not saying we should sell him, but it's time to test Mulumbu.

7. freitassen

Yes, but Red Bull Salzburg was knocked out by a very lame Red Star team, and Red Bull Leipzig is not doing well, both at Europe and at Bundesliga.

We really shouldn't be facing those matches as big outsiders. It's quite possible to beat one of them with the squad we have.

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    If Ntcham n Eddie s first 2 games for Celtic were on Friday n tonight the 2 would never been seen in a Celtic jersey again

9. Eastend boy

Back from the game,we’re a hard watch just now but happy with the win.
    At about 85 minutes i said to the boy next to me when was the last time we scored a late goal,a couple of minutes later we scored with a punt into the box.
    Benkovic looks a player even just after a couple games,we should be trying to buy him in January .
    I know what he would cost but with him in beside Ajer if Boyata left wouldn’t be such a bad thing,he seems to have a good range of passes and with Ajer liking to bring the ball out from the back would give us a few options.
    Ntcham and Rogic should not be starting just now,we need another midfielder who can actually make a tackle,i don’t know if mulumbu can do that but leaving Scott Brown as the only midfielder to do all the spade work is a bit much and it leaves him open to picking up bookings.
    Hopefully some of the young boys coming through can come in and make an impact and shake up and challenge for starting places ,with the likes of Ntcham and Rogic not taking their positions as a given.
    All this is just a mixture of wishful thinking and hope on my part and as much as Brendan Rodgers is the best thing that has happened to us in a long time I can’t see any of it happening.
    And don’t start me on Peter Lawwell.

10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I will don’t worry about it.

Why quote a comment after we have scored though?

As pointless as a chocolate fire guard.

We where * awful before the goal that’s why I said it.

11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    * hate them since they * us over with that dive when MON got 9 points and never went through in that group

12. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Excellent, great from Boyata, you see him actually calling for it.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Stick the big man up top.

Artorias likes this.
  14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Far too slow tonight, whenever we picked up the pace we split them open, it's annoying how the players can just seemingly switch it on and go up a few gears when they want. So many times no one would take a risk on the ball, like watching Ronny's team of pass the buck and not want to make a mistake. Worrying how bad our midfield played against them but the Boyata and Benkovic were solid and very impressive. Get Lustig out the * team, he can't defend or attack, just plays backwards and slows everything down.

15. Bhoyse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Good goal by griff. Besides that just 90 minutes of folks walking around and pointing.

16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

time to change it up ntcham was * awful tonight and rogic and mcgreggor were poor, i wouldnt have taken forrest off hes been in excellent form recently, big eddy was quiet but that could be because of our formation and our creative players having an off night

think rodgers is struggling with the team at the moment, doesnt look like he knows how to fix it

just maybe we haven't got the players to play your preferred way brendan, i hope that the players havent lost favour in the manager

then maybe i and we are making a mountain out of a molehill and all we need to do is score a quick goal and the players will relax and start playing the way we know they can

17. stew37

The players are more than capable, but we just looked so flat. I'd give Johnston a start soon, and definitely Mulumbu. Ntcham doesn't deserve a spot on Sunday. Also hate to say it, but Lustig is done. I'm never usually as negative after a game, especially a European win, (maybe being a bit harsh, as BR stated, first Euro competition we've won the first game), but we looked really out of ideas at times.

18. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Ntcham was a liability last night and it was doing basic stuff not trying to rip open their defence, give mulumbo a run out on Sunday

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Cause I waited to the end of the match mate. That's why all you do is * moan and moan and moan I don't think I seen you in a positive post for months

StPauli1916 likes this.
  20. MartinoBianco

One thing that worried me when I woke up

Only time last night that we launched it, big Boyata gets an assist and Griff does what Griff does

All this tippy tappy passing it around and at the back only gives the opposition the opportunity to get their shape and get people behind the ball. We need a plan B. Occasionally we need to just jump it forward. We’ve got big * that can win headers when the CB’s are up (Lustig, Benkovic, Boyata) - big units - who are bound to win headers and make assists.

Any of you removed the 3-2 win at the hundome last season - ? Brown launches it just before HT, gets cleaned out, then Moussa lobs the keeper.

We need to mix it up. I fear we won’t. It’s so rare that Brendan must just be telling them ‘you’re all lovely human beings just play tippy tappy and keep possession and pass it back to the cbs all the time’............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicBallBhoy likes this.