1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic fc 1st Scottish team to reach top 30 in europe

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, May 28, 2019.

Discuss Celtic fc 1st Scottish team to reach top 30 in europe in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Not a single Club in Scotland has laid a glove on us across 9 separate and distinct competitions ran across 3 full seasons. During a period of unparalleled dominance in any era.

If this is below par, * is par and above?

AnnoniOnAnawNoo, adios and Jeannie960 like this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    In relation to the rest of the clubs in these lists we keep seeing, you know matched up with European clubs.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There's more than one way to * up a football club. We came within hours of the same fate in 94 and unlike them it certainly wasn't from over-investing in the playing squad. Swap Craig Whyte and Fergus McCann around and we'd be the Newco.

Not that I think we are in financial trouble from underinvestment in the playing squad, obviously; but hopefully Lawwell et al know the last 3 windows were disasters and we rectify that this summer.

4. celtic warrior

In a game that has become about nothing but money for the uber elite teams, I suppose it's good to see our name in the top 30.

It otherwise means * all and serves no purpose and possibly highlights that we are the best run business in European football and are seriously * over big time by our location.

Meh.

5. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Right let’s get into the Top 20 and win the CL this coming season,we’ll come on!!!!:84::ynwacelti

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I grew up the late 80’s & 90’s as a Celtic fan I know plenty about it, I even went and bought some grass off the pitch and put it on the grass on Williamson street (across fae Celtic Park) where I lived as a wean as a penalty spot for good luck. I digress...... (sick of people using the 90’s and they died stuff)

It’s been more like 4/5 windows to be fair and I’m just going by what Lawwell and co have done in the past, never, ever strengthen from a position of strength.

I would love them to back Lennon to the hilt this coming summer but I’m going with my head in this one and not my heart.

Random Review likes this.