1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

celtic fans in yorkshire??

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by jpr21, Dec 11, 2010.

Discuss celtic fans in yorkshire?? in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    do we have a good following in yorks , bradford/leeds , sheffield etc . anyone from yorkshire give any info ...

i have been told its all huns in yorkshire ....everwhere else i have been in england theres more of us but apparently yorkshire is some rangers stronghold ?

i am having a dispute with a rangers fan about it , would like some honest input from someone in the know ?

2. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I would imagine it is yes,the BNP seem to have quite a following there so i wouldnt be surprised,as Rangers fans are into that kind of stuff.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  3. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Went to there wae the family. Asked ma brother to.count the amount of.celtic ahirts to rangers shirts. There was.a considerable amount in favour of rangers.

4. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    no realy i dont think. i went down to wakefeild a few years back(outside leeds) and there wasnt if any celtic or hun tops kicking about.

5. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    Big supporters club in Wakefield ..Watched the game when we beat the Arabs to win the league ..It was rocking in there :50:

6. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

alan smith was brought up a leeds and huns fan and i know from some huns i used to work with that they have a lot of friends in bradford,so there may be some truth to this.

7. celtic20083

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big jan, Caldwell, Naylor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willey Malley
    Plenty of Celtic fans in Yorkshire, been to a north of England Celtic supporters club footy comp and plenty of fans from all over the north

8. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    I stayed in Swillington for 2 months 6 years ago, like most of England, the majority don't give a toss.

9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

There are plenty in the (ex) mining villages & towns
    in south yorks:50:

In truth you don't see many club shirts now down here
    think it may be to avoid trouble:38:

10. sheffieldbhoy

decent amount of celtic fans in sheffield. have had the odd bit of trouble for wearing the shirt though. mostly people tend to lean towards the huns I reckon

11. Cammy2709

Fav Celtic Player:
    King Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    The town I lived in has a Celtic Supporters Club, and I know Leeds does aswell. I've never really had any problems with wearing the hoops, most people who I meet are swayed towards Celtic anyway.

12. djw1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Well i'm stuck living in Barnsley at the minute but in all the time i have been here i have only seen 2 huns. One of which was a geordie down visiting someone. He stopped me and asked for directions.....sent the * 2 miles in the opposite direction :52: .The other was a morbidly obese guy walking through town that vaugely looked like jabba the hut with a mullet.

I know a good lot of Celtic fans down here though. Got a few close friends that come up to the games with me when they can. Know plenty of people in Leeds, wakefield, sheffield, Keighley, Huddersfield, and Doncaster that are fans too. .

13. DanSam

Stuck in Barnsley as well mate, born and raised here but Dads a massive Celtic fan from Glasgow had no choice but to support celtic :celt_2: Don't see too many shirts about but try my best to show off the hoops as much as possible :50:

14. Celtic-LUFC-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Super Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH
    Born and raised in Leeds, if you asked the fans at Elland Road who do you prefer out of the Old Firm from my experience i'd comfortably predict that most would say Celtic. I'd say if I was to put it into percentage something like 70% of Leeds fans prefer Celtic, maybe 20% would say the Huns, maybe 10% would say neither. Strangely I have seen a lot of loving for Celtic amongst Yorkshireman, bit like Newcastle tbh, never heard a Leeds fan say a bad word about Newcastle (mutual respect kind of thing between Leeds and Newcastle).

ScouseHoops likes this.
  15. Bratfurdbhoy1

A pub in Bradford has the Hoops logo in the windows!!!!!:50:-Not naming it in case someone pans the windows in!!!!! Oh its not Scotland so it should be ok though!!!!

Opposite end of spectrum-went to another pub in Bradford -full of huns- * on wall etc!!!! They were all so keen to hear who I followed- what a shock they got 'Celtic and Proud of it'!!! I thought there were was gonnae be a 'sandwich' with me in the middle of it!!

One of the quotes I got was that 'I hate Bellshill its full of Tims'- I said so where are you from 'Motherwell'- was the reply I got!!!- Me I don't even come from Bellshill originally??????:87:

All my local Bradford English mates are for the Hoops- some have even taken a trip up to Pradise!!!!

16. Bratfurdbhoy1

'* on wall etc'- Ha ha just say my typo- think I will leave it like that- apologies to anyone who taks offence!!!:50:

'FLAGS'!!!!

17. Gabberhead Celt

I was up in Headingley during the last match against the huns. The pub I was in was full of Leeds tims.

18. TicFan88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I know Leeds has a big Irish centre, so there should be a few Celtic fans knocking about. Yorkshire in general has probably got more Rangers fans though, when you consider the political agenda of certain suburbs/towns, that's not to say everyone there is a bear by the way. Lancashire on the other hand is full of tims!

19. verdi-y-blanco

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    get yourself to maguires bar in leeds and see for yourself.

20. jimmy d

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Time - Henke... Currently - Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Leeds is my hometown, sadly Maguires has closed down now (after Lge Cup final last season) but watched many a game in there including the 2003 UEFA Final and countless Huns games.

Now i believe they've moved the Wim The Tim CSC (Leeds) to a new pub - The Harp maybe? Havent been home for a few months but there are plenty of Celtic fans floating about Leeds for sure!!

Spring Time likes this.