1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"Celtic Can Join Us In CL 16"- Lionel Messi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jayzhinho67, Nov 4, 2012.

Discuss "Celtic Can Join Us In CL 16"- Lionel Messi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So you think Barca are pompous arseholes, yet support Madrid and the Dallas Cowboys? :56:

2. Mr. Slippyfist

He thinks Barca are pompous arseholes, yet his team Real Madrid are managed by possibly the most pretentious pompous * that ever lived?

:rolleyes:

3. Dallas Cowbhoys

Barca are more pompous than Madrid who I just prefer to Barca....Valencia are my favourite Spanish team.....and the Cowboys are the team I like when I occasionally watch the NFL and couldn't really care what the rest of their actual fans are like.

And after reading Zlatan's autobiography, I much prefer Mourinho to Guardiola, who sounds like a much bigger * than Mourinho (while still acknowledging I've only heard one side).... Villanova I'm not that bothered about.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Francos Fascists

5. Dallas Cowbhoys

I think I've read/heard that Athletico were originally his side but then when Madrid got good, he just switched to them.....a victim of their own success, can't really be blamed too much.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    They got succesful due to Franco...

Which is why I wouldn't deem them the best team ever to be fair. Read up on the Di Stefano transfer to see what I mean.

7. Dallas Cowbhoys

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...sition-atletico-madrid-always-a-hard-mattress

"While historically Real Madrid has been seen as the ‘establishment’ club, it was Atlético that was the preferred team of the Franco regime with its close ties to the military. In 1947 the ‘Aviacón’ was dropped altogether leaving the current Club Atlético de Madrid and in that same year, Atlético beat Real Madrid 5–0 at the Metropolitano (the old rojiblanco stadium). Afterwards, with the arrival of Alfredo di Stéfano at Real Madrid, Franco’s preferences shifted."

I wouldn't deem anyone to be the best team ever....I can only go by what I've seen....and the best team I've ever seen is Barca these days.....but then Real Madrid won La Liga last year....I don't really concern myself with the argument tbh.....far too subjective and practically impossible to determine.

I've read Franco didn't like Real Madrid because of their royalist name.....he just used their success as a tool to be accepted back into the international fold/arena/whatever.

"But the evidence for the neutral observer is not so clear. For a start, Real Madrid won virtually nothing between 1932 and 1954 apart from three Cups, a statistic which sits uneasily with the favouritism theory."

8. TimMalloyBhoy

You much prefer a man that cheated us out of a European trophy with his vile tactics?

9. Dallas Cowbhoys

This was about Real Madrid vs Barca. I wouldn't say I like Mourinho or the tactics his sides can use. But I find Mourinho more overly confident on a personal level....arrogant to an extent but not abhorrently arrogant. From that autobiography, Guardiola sounds like a right * on a personal level.

And considering how Barca played under Guardiola, I'm pretty sure they would have used the same tactics against us, if he had been Porto manager.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You don't find Mourinho abhorrently arrogant? The guy who has dissed every team he has played against, wound up referees, called himself the "special one" and sent his Porto team out to roll over like they had been shot at every opportunity against us in 2003?

Utter utter arrogant * of a man if you ask me.

He actually now wants to be called the "only one" as it's an upgrade from the special one.

11. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    His antics are overdramatized and amount to a handful of incidents, ironically all against Mou managed sides - one could argue that the theatrics were more a consequence of the thuggery that was rewarded rather than addressed by the referees...Mou & refereeing has a long history of manipulation

:smiley-laughing002: The most kicked player in world football also kicks out at players?...You intimate he's a dirty player or something, love to see/hear these examples

I don't engage in the GOAT discussion when it comes to Leo, it's an endless debate for stat whores...I can only go by what I've seen in my life time and he's joy, pure joy...You'd be hard pressed to not only find a better footballer but cleaner & more honest one on the pitch...He rarely goes down despite taking a hammering...They say the Jordan rules helped MJ get to the freethrow line but Leo does not benefit from that sort of refereeing assistance

The dirty play from Pepe, Marcelo, Xabi and Albiol are well documented and readily available online whereas you won't find dirty play from Barcelona...Seeing that your argument consists of fiction, it's fitting to speak about myths

Absolutely, it's widely sensationalized that the only way to play Barcelona is to park the bus but as much criticism as the Primera Liga gets, plenty of smaller clubs have given Barça fits with attacking & open football

12. Dallas Cowbhoys

No I don't. I find him annoying, sometimes funny, "I don't know this Pito Villanova".

I don't really mind him too much, as opposed to a Ferguson. Even with the Uefa Cup Final. The vast majority of European teams would have played like that, referees would know British teams are more physical and would have been told to do that.

Things like now wanting to be called the "only one" I find amusing....he's a character I feel, like Floyd Mayweather...I have doubts as to whether they're seriously like that in real life.

13. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Okay let me deal with your points.

You are biased so i'm clearly not going to make an impact on you but believe me; every non-Barca fan in the world hates Busquets and would love to see him vs Pepe in a fight to the death with the winner being decapitated. To deny this is to take bias to the next level.

Secondly, you talk about Mourinho and his disgusting sideline antics, yes he is a * - but this does not excuse the actions of your players or staff who do the same.
    And with Messi, I was not denying his brilliance nor criticising him for lashing out after being kicked or intimating he was dirty. You made this up in your head as you are on the defensive as far as Barca are concerned and will hear no evil about them.
    But just because Real do it, does not make it acceptable for Barca to do so too, and this attitude you are displaying makes a mockery of the myth (as I described earlier) that Barca are all that is good and pure in the world.

Mourinho gouging someone's eye on the side is as bad as all of Barca's outfield players rampaging at the referee and screaming at him whilst flapping their arms like manic birds after Sanchez has just dived in the box again. I mean, how dare the ref give something against the mighty Barca? The only team who play football in the correct and righteous manner?

Nothing I have said is a myth but please, do continue to live in your dreamworld.

14. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I find Mourinho hillarious at times. Remember we only see the football side of him and how he would like to be portrayed in the media, I think we would be lapping it up if we had someone in charge that acts so full of himself - as well as being successful. Seville still hurts but Mourinho sets up his teams to win, he is a winner and there's something I admire about that.

Barcelona are a fantastic club as well and back on topic, the amount of respect their players have gave us in the media, while everyone else is writing us off, has been a pleasant surprise.

15. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Spot on. Everyone just remembers his dive against Inter and uses it against him.

16. TimMalloyBhoy

There's one thing setting your team up to win and another in downright cheating, by telling his players to WALK as slow as they could back to their own half every time they scored in Seville among numerous other unsportsmanlike tactics, never have I seen such a shocking display in Europe against us.

That's being a cheating *, no respect in winning that way.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I have to disagree mate. He sets his teams up not to lose first and foremost.

Not saying there is anything wrong with that now and again but it seems to be his raison d'etre.

18. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    The work-rate and discipline his teams show is admirable. I don't think it's a coincidence that his teams are always up for the fight and will play dirty if they have to, they will do anything they can for the 3 points and to prevent the opposition scoring. That's what I really meant when I said he was a winner, I didn't mean he sets out offensively, he places a huge importance on defending.

Although, there's no doubt they have played some great football under Mourinho as well.

19. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    And the peekaboo incident was embarrassing, no one denies it but it's one of the 3 or 4 clips that have been replayed over & over to give the appearance that the now 24 year old does it week in and week out...He actually had more numerous incidents of boneheaded turnovers in his first two seasons with the 1st team that have been since been forgotten by those outside the club...Personally, I think more about his boneheaded turnovers that led to goals than I do those theatrics - they were more numerous and led to dropped points but drama/theatrics make for good headlines

Two of the most successful coaches in recent memory, Guardiola & Del Bosque, both cite him as the player they'd most want to come back as...Fans complain that Iniesta & Xavi won't ever win a Ballon D'Or with Messi around but I'd toss in Busquets as well...He's the true heir to the Xavi role in the team, IMHO

Sucks he won't play on Wednesday

BTW, possible rain and fairly cold temperatures

Overcast with a 30% chance of rain...Low of 7° C, Winds of 25 to 30 km/h coming from the West

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I watch Barcelona every week, he does do it week in week out. Dani Alves is another but outwith that (and the odd Fabregas incident) Barca are very good with the no diving thing.