1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic (3) v Ross County (0)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Jan 23, 2020.

Discuss Celtic (3) v Ross County (0) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He was better than Hayes that’s all I’m saying mate.

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    You were better than Hayes today Gyp, Bauer going forward can be okay but terrible defender

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

3 points is the main thing. But first half we were dreadful.

I think a few of our players know that not playing well doesn’t get you dropped here anymore.

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

3 goals, 3 points and a clean sheet but it doesn't tell the story. Only for Eddy coming on and making the difference made it a comfortable win and stress free last 20 minutes. But you have to question Lennons team selection. 3 out the back 4 with very little game time, Forest straight in just coming back from Injury same with MJ although he had a bit of a run out. A midfield 3 that have been proven they don't work together , game gets slowed down far too much, Broony and Ncham cannot play together, Cal Mac is wasted staying so deep. Griff is a great goal scorer but cannot play the lone striker, he is brilliant running off other people. If Griff plays we should be playing 2 up with 3 at the back, for that to work we need a CB in as Simo is a bombscare. Maybe injuries forced the team selection today,too many changes does affect how we play , early round cup games prove that or maybe him wanting to play Forest and Ncham was the reason to play 1 up front but what ever it was it needs sorting as there are bigger tests to come than Ross County

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Mickmac and Garrymac1888 like this.
  5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

That was a chore today, left 10 minutes early as my eyes and frozen balls could take no more.

* poor but 3 points so hey ho.

6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with just about all of that.

7. stew37

Nae bother bawbag.

8. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Still think there's a player in there somewhere but Jozo was a bombscare the day. Decent enough backup but can't be relied upon as a first choice.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Only having a wee joke mate, nae need to go into wee Ned mode

10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Only a wee joke mate,

stew37 and charlietully like this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Good result. Seriously underwhelming performance.

Another game that we play a 5-man midfield and fail to dominate. So flat at times.

We've spent £5.5 million on LBs and are still turning to a fringe LW turned auxiliary LB.

I've given Lennon praise for the things that he's got right this season, so I have to be fair and give my opinion when I think he's made a wrong call.

Today's starting XI was bizarre, if we were going 4-2-3-1 the striker had to be Eddie and the no.10 had to be Rogic. It smacked of being trying to be too clever. We were already down Frimpong and Ajer, too many changes makes getting any momentum an impossibility.

12. ladbroke8

Bang on mate

Seán Mac D likes this.
  13. CountyDownFaithful

3 points but far from convincing.

Back 4 was a shambles, Ross County got in behind far too easily on a few occasions. They genuinely looked the better side in the first half.

Hayes was diabolical. His passing was shocking. Why did Lennon sanction signing Greg Taylor for £2.5 million and left him sitting on the bench today?

Lennon opted to change the formation despite the 3-5-2 working well during the week. I get that we have injuries but we were playing Ross County at home - we still had players to the play that system.

And finally, game is wrapped up with 15 mins + injury time left and he decides to not make a sub for another 10 mins. Was the perfect opportunity to give Klimala game time! Or let Dembele have enough time to make an impact.

Some of the decision making from the management team is baffling at times.

14. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Soon as the third went in one of Dembele,Welsh or Klimana should have been getting readied. Ideal to get bit of game time for them.

15. angusceltic67

Who would you have taken off ?

I'd say Lenny was hoping to rest Eddy today and only use him in case of an emergency?

Had we been 2/3 up by the 60th min I think he would have done just that and then maybe we would have seen Klimala coming on and Eddy staying on the bench.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Home game against 4th from bottom, really thought Klimala would've got some decent game time today.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Eddie should've started alongside Griffiths but if Lennon was dead set on 4-2-3-1 then it should've been Eddie and if we went comfortably up, the likes of Griff and Klimala could've been brought on.

I am completely baffled at how Lennon arrived at that starting XI being the best way to tackle the game. Squad rotation is understandable in December when the games are coming thick and fast but off the back of 2 weeks rest we should be playing our strongest XI and getting other players some minutes if we've put the game beyond doubt.

There's still a malaise around the club after our performance and result against the huns and going on the performances I'm yet to be convinced that the players are hurting as much as us.

Sydneysider and charlietully like this.
  18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    We’ve played far better with bolingoli in the team than Johnny Hayes

19. angusceltic67

Apparently Eddie had a sore toe, if true Griff was the only up front starting option really.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  20. dmac

Today if county had taken the chances they created it could have been a bit of a disaster luckily they didnt. Hayes had probably his poorest game gave County the ball on a couple of occasions under no pressure,Simunovic and Jullien looked as if their boots were made of concrete. Forrest looked as if he didn't want involved at times Johnston tried but was mostly ineffective overall until Edouard came on it was poor he changed the dynamic of the game and scored from a McGregor corner kick and then took the pass from Forrest and waltzed through to score his second and put the game to bef

seanm and tarboltontim like this.