1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic’s next permanent manager

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic’s next permanent manager in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CHAMPIONS League winner * Sagnol will throw his name into the hat for the Celtic job.

The Frenchman, 42, is hopeful of making the move into management in Britain and was linked to the Huddersfield job in January before Jan Siewert succeeded David Wagner.

Celtic are still on the hunt for a permanent manager since Brendan Rodgers’ departure with Neil Lennon stepping into the caretaker’s role until the end of the season.

And Bayern Munich legend Sagnol’s UK-based representative Alex McDonald has confirmed the French World Cup finalist will apply for the role.

McDonald said: “* is definitely interested in the Celtic job and will apply in the summer.”

Sagnol was head coach of France U-21s before he moved to Bordeaux in 2014, spending nearly two years in the les Girondins hot seat.

He was also interim manager at Bayern Munich between September and October 2017 and served as assistant manager to Carlo Ancelotti.

Sagnol picked up five Bundesliga titles as a player with Bayern as well as a Champions League winners’ medal.

His interest in the Parkhead hotseat comes as Belgium gaffer Roberto Martinez was ruled out of the running by his agent – despite a flood of bets being placed on the Spaniard.

Martinez’s price to be next Celtic manager even dropped to odds-on following an avalanche of bets on him taking the role in the summer

However, the former Motherwell midfielder’s agent Jesse De Preter urged Celtic fans not to get their hopes up.

Ex-Chelsea coach Andre Villas-Boas, Newcastle gaffer Rafa Benitez and Swansea’s Graham Potter have all been linked with the post in recent weeks.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  2. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    This.

Arguably... for some supporters (not myself) beating the scum at ipox would be a bigger feather in the cap than the cup final.

It would put a massive dent in their delusions and put an end to this progress pish about gap filling and what not.

But he will know himself. He MUST deliver the treble. Anything less and he'll be aware that he will swiftly become plan B.

I love lenny.

I hope he can deliver.

Sydneysider likes this.
  3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oh man I hate this chat, since when did beating Sevco become more important than winning any type of silverware? I first read this in the Herald I think where they said, Celtic could reach the Scottish Cup Final this weekend but it'll be the game on May 12th against Sevco that most Celtic fans would swap for any win in any competition such is the rivalry between the two teams.

And that was before the Aberdeen game kicked off. I was clueless, how anyone in their right mind would give up the chance to get a trophy just to pump the huns? I mean even before they got liquidated was this a thing? I've never ever thought that would be a compromise worth considering so * is happening folk?

I wanted to beat Aberdeen to get into the final against Hearts which will be a tough game but also I want the league wrapped up before May12th, not because it's the huns that day, because I want to be able to give some promising youth a couple games, especially Bayo who seems very exciting, along with Weah and Johnson I think we could pump any team in the league with that attack, resting our players frot he 25th May.

Has anyone ever thought of sacrificing silverware in exchange for pumping the huns on their own turf?

What the * has become of us, they're not even real rivals, that game they beat us is the worst we've played for must be many years, I can't remember the worst.

So we have nothing to prove and I hope we never let them interfere with our ambition, they are as important as Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock as far as I'm concerned.

PS. The huns have shown their complete disrespect for Scottish Football by reducing the number of away fans to such an extent it sucks all the atmosphere out of what should be an electrifying derby game and I'm sure they did it because they thought without our away support which is easily the best in Scotland, that would give them a chance to beat us and by jove it * worked but what about the long term vision, what about the tv money? Who is going to pay to watch a game with one set of supporters?

Totally mystifying and also a reflection of the business acumen that seems insidious over there. I'm still wondering * Ashley's plans are, I mean can anyone work out what he must be thinking because this guy doesn't do anything unless he sees a very tidy profit at the end of it.

Do we still have Congerton? I think if Lenny can get rid of him, get Park back then that fills me with optimism. Must be plenty of Tims out there dying to be involved in a 10iar 3 year contract.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Slaw likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It really won't

5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Billy McNeil and Ronnie Simpson look like they've just heard LectersLuncheon's in the front row "is he quoting Shakespeare? Sounds like he's saying this Lisbon prize is nothing like the huns?" o_O

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    *, this place would have a meltdown if he got the job saying things like that. :56:

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Graham Potter has dismissed reports linking him with the Celtic job.

The Swansea City manager had been touted as a contender for the hotseat in reports north of the border.

Potter, the Scottish Sun stated, had admirers in the Celtic boardroom, who liked the way he has brought young players through the ranks in South Wales.

Neil Lennon is currently in charge until the end of the season at Celtic Park and is the favourite with the bookies to get the job full time.

Potter, though, dismissed the links to himself - and revealed he enjoyed a joke about the speculation with Rangers fan Oli McBurnie.

The manager said: “It’s just speculation in the media. I had a laugh with Oli McBurnie about it but it’s just speculation. I’ve had no contact with Celtic.

“I don’t really think about it to be honest. I’ve got a job to do here. You can’t stop the stories in the papers but I just do my best and help the players.”

The idea of working on a project - something Potter has frequently mentioned - certainly seems to appeal to the 43-year-old.

He added: “Well, it’s better than being sacked!

“I think that’s how you should be. I enjoyed my time in Sweden. It was stable and we made progress and I’m looking forward to doing the same here.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ronny would be a very good assistant. His ability as a coach is not in doubt and Lenny would provide the tactical nous Ronny lacked. However, don't you think that would be unfair on John Kennedy? For me that would be so unfair. JK is working his way up slowly and IMO should now be assistant regardless of who comes in.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Mad * baws guidi said it’s between

Michael O’Neill
    Neil Lennon
    Davie Moyes

For the jobs full time

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If that's genuinely the shortlist then Lennon by a country * mile.

11. jj81

Same , I hope we aren't considering Moyes ffs

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Would be an absolutely terrible appointment.

13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Only one winner from that shortlist. If that's the best our board can come up with it's a big worry.

The IRA likes this.
  14. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    FFS uninspiring

The IRA and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is there anyone “outside the box” that people can say he is a genuine candidate!

16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Who would you have went for ?

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Slaven Bilic?

Jo-Jo-Buffon likes this.
  18. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Exact same , be better just having Lenny on the shortlist rather than have them other 2 anywhere near it tbh

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

Give Rafa Benitez whatever he wants for 2 years then appoint literally anyone. Once we get the ten we have completed football

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Grim

Jeremie Frimpong and The IRA like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.