1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic’s next permanent manager

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic’s next permanent manager in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Few year ago maybe

2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not sure but my football knowledge nowadays consists of us and who we play. If I was being paid £1m(?) a year to work for Celtic then I could come up with a better list than they 2 plus the guy already doing the job.

3. dmccourt95

* horrific

neilly1987 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  4. Murph-E

Michael O'Neill and David Moyes are genuinely terrible suggestions. Bottom of the barrel stuff, like being linked with Owen Coyle or Malky Makay 5 years ago. Lennon over either of those 2 * by a mile.

If we can't get somebody of a significant higher pedigree than Neil Lennon, just appoint him. There's no point doing a level-for-level (or lower) replacement just because it's somebody different.

5. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    I agree and I'm not overly fussed on Lennon, but I'd have him before Moyes or Michael O'Neill.

Cracking avatar BTW. The GOAT.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Don't think we should be making any decisions just yet. If that's the calibre of candidate the board have whittled it down to then they've failed miserably; not for the first time.

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    The candidates list will be far more wide ranging and "random" than that. Those are just the obvious "lazy journalism" picks.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    To be fair to O'Neill I honestly am not too familiar with his Northern Ireland team's ability or style but I appreciate he had them punching above their weight.

Moyes I know well enough to appreciate he's a very successful manager considering the funds he had compared to others and Everton were ok but that's my naive opinion of Moyes, highly respect him but I have the fear of mediocrity and folk can reject or admire Lenny but we can't deny he brings passion and brimstone when our backs are up against the wall.

Is Lenny the best manager of those three? I think he hasn't been managing long enough but I can't say he is, I just prefer him and think he has what it takes to get us through these next three seasons when there is going to be so much distraction regarding the 10 we need someone who knows the club already so they can focus on things that need done to win each title one at a time.

I think it could be a bad time for a learning curve and it could be very damaging for a manager's career because mistifyingly down south they sill refuse to believe it requires any talent to win the SPLF, last I heard, winning the FA Cup with Leicester would be a bigger achievement for Brendan than the Treble he won here.

The FA Cup, Monopoly wouldn't even make a steel miniature for their board it's so cheap. Who is in the Final this year? Watford? They could have won the SPFL Treble this season? Savage the expert pundit.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If it's O'Neill or Moyes then I want the club Liquidated.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

Guidi is a * who knows absolutely * all.

11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Edit: Bad maths. I love Lenny but I would take Benitez in an instant, what a CV he has.

We should remember Lenny was never sacked by us, so theoretically he could easily have won the titles since he's been gone and we would be none the wiser. Would've been a shame to miss Rodgers time here and the Invincible season but you get what I mean.

One reason there might not be a huge interest is maybe it's seen as a poisoned chalice, if managers are successful with us nobody gives a * but if they fail then they'll be lucky to find a job in League 1.

I'm sure there are wiser folk in world football but that's the English perspective.

Mind you if they fail they won't get a lot of feel good love from me, like when Ronny left I was applauding him cause we knew his circumstances and he did a lot of positive things but if anyone is going to lose this record attempt and still feel part of us it's Lenny.

Ok if Benitez failed I wouldn't go nuts cause I think that would be almost as good if not better than Brendan and I thought there was no chance of that happening. Still don't understand why he jumped ship with 2 1/2 years to go when he would've been remembered forever. Ah well, it's well past now, time to move on and let Lenny stake his claim.

12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Green and Whyte's cryogenic status just went to Penny for your Thawts DR Headline Whyte, owner of Lennoxtown castle has coveted the team every day from his ivory tower (not real elephant ivory, Trademark Whyte elephant )

13. DonnyCelt

If there is even the slightest chance we can speak to Rafa about the job then we need to be all over it

JML67, neilly1987 and DoTheBroony like this.
  14. DonnyCelt

Steffen Baumgart just entered at 18/1 with skybet

More like it from our board. Cheap, unproven, untested manager in lower German leagues.

Ronny Deila type appointment (no offence to Ronny)

Should be trying for a manager of similar/higher quality to BR. That's not to say we are not of course but for someone to enter the betting that high up they must have been approached or mentioned.

Entering the most crucial and important part of our recent history and we simply cannot afford a project type manager at this stage. Show some ambition like we did when we appointed BR

15. celtic warrior

Bullshit rags starting to spout that we have an increased interest in David Wagner.

I voted for him when this was created but I did so thinking he's the most realistic option that MIGHT be an improvement on Lenny.

We are between a rock and a hard place, our next manager defines how the history books see us, going for 9iar/10iar and having to get a new manager in to achieve it is a massive * risk.

We are the only ones who can stop us from getting there, I hope we don't * it up.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Love Rafa Benitez,would be amazing if we could get him. Should be pushing the boat out to at least try and get him.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Actually voted for Wagner at the start of the poll as i thought he was most realistic manager i'd like at Celtic.

Would still like to see how Lenny does in his remaining games but i still wouldn't be against it, was impressive what he done with Huddersfield before this season.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Raging at the board because some random * has appeared at 18/1 on a betting site

freederry20, Fontaine, Slaw and 2 others like this.
  19. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Michael o'neill, david moyes, roberto martinez, alex neil, * sagnol...

Who the * are we? Some micky mouse english championship side trying to prolong the inevitable drop to league one?

How the * can "journalists" mention these * and keep a straight face.

Any of the aforementioned fucktards come anywhere near our club and i will pull a D-fens on our entire board

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. jj81

Mind this

* sake , then I thought we boobed

I'm for it now , bring it perma

Lilac Wine likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.