1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Camera @ Celtic Park

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by samaras_sword, Aug 26, 2012.

Discuss Camera @ Celtic Park in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. samaras_sword

Hey guys, a mate of mine is going to Canada in the next few weeks, we have been going to Parkhead together for the last few years and I wanted to get some good photos of us together at a game before he goes. I

was wondering if there are any restrictions with regards to taking a camera into Parkhead.

I know it might sound like a stupid question but I have a Canon6D - its fairly bulky, but is still a hand held - I dont want to go to the stadium only to get turned away...

If anyone knows anything it'd be much appreciated!

Cheers in advance!:50:

2. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    We've never had any problems taking a camera in you may get stopped to get your bag searched but that would be about it!

3. samaras_sword

Cheers bud, much appreciated!

4. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I do not want to worry you too much, but the Ground Regulations are very strict.

http://www.celticfc.net/corporate_groundregulations

Of course, a lot of people take pictures inside and this rule does not say you cannot bring a camera inside.

5. samaras_sword

ah...ok, thats a bit of a spanner! Cheers for the heads up, might take the camera down and if i dont get in i'll nip back to the car and leave it there... :S

6. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I do not think it will be a problem as lots of people take pictures inside (it is just a standard rule that you will find at every public event).

It reminds me of a Spurs game where the guy sitting in front of me was filming the game with his Iphone (!) and security urged him to stop filming.

7. Scunny8

Just had a look at the camera, looks faily bulky as you say. I'd imagine you'd be ok with it, but you could always get the awkward steward, but as you say, just take it back to the car if you don't get in.

8. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

I seen a few foreigners,Italian i think,they had a bulky camera and the Steward told them to put it away.

9. Raz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    I've never had a problem with my camera, it's only a Lumix though. To should be fine

10. CharlieMulgrew21

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chico Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    im sure you'll be fine seen a few with cameras inside CP ,why dont you phone celtic whenever you're free and ask them?

11. samaras_sword

Cheers guys, this is all appreciated!

Yeah, I might phone them up, but from experience I know that what the person over the phone tells you is often very different from what the steward tells you...i'll give it a bash though...

worst case scenario I pretend i'm italian!

12. themouth1888

Just to randomly bump this thread

Just got a new DSLR and would love to take it to CP get some good photos. I'm sure I've seen people in there with cameras but I can't be too sure lol.

Anyone had more recent experience of this? The lense isnt too big but don't want to get turned away with it

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017