1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Calvin Miller

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by T.Rogne25, Oct 14, 2013.

Discuss Calvin Miller in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various

I suspect thats what BR is doing, like Bale, starting him at LB, and as he gets experience and confidence he will be moved forward.

2. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Anybody got the clip of when he megged Big Monster Munch yesterday??

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. celtic warrior

Malfoy *, new to magical powers of Brendan bug.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  5. SeanBhoy7

Eh?

6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Anyone know why on past FM versions, Calvin was listed as a striker?

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Till brendan came in he played right wing/forward.

Brendan has developed him to left back.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

8. Darnok

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Is he left-footed, or maybe equal with both?

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic youngster Calvin Miller watched teammate Tony Ralston mix it with Neymar on Tuesday night, and despite the chastening scoreline meted out by a rampant PSG, dreamed of following in his footsteps.

Ralston was handed a Champions League debut against the might of the French giants, and certainly wasn’t daunted by the task of quite literally going toe-to-toe with the world’s most expensive player.

A couple of hours earlier, Miller had turned out in drenched Dumbarton in front of a couple of hundred soggy souls, turning in a hugely impressive performance as Celtic under-19s fell narrowly to their PSG counterparts.

Having made his top-team debut last season against Partick Thistle and already tasted first-team action this term in Celtic’s win at Kilmarnock, Miller is hoping that his hard work will see him force his way into Brendan Rodgers’ thoughts on a more regular basis.

And there is no greater inspiration than seeing his good friend take on the best players on the planet.

“It’s brilliant,” Miller said. “Me and Tony have been training with the first team every day, and it just shows you that the manager trusts the young ones.

“Tony is the same as me, he’s nice and aggressive and he works hard.

“The manager obviously trusts us, so that’s a big thing for us, and I’m just going to keep working hard and show him what I can do.

“The aim at this level is to get your fitness up, get that sharpness and show you can play.

“Hopefully I’ll get another opportunity soon.”

Miller believes that his exposure to the standards adhered to by Celtic’s top professionals on a daily basis in training has transformed him as a player, looking every inch the first-team member making the step down in the match against PSG, rather than a raw youngster.

“I feel like I’ve got that first-team sharpness through training with them every day,” he said.

“I’m getting fitter and I’m becoming a better player, and I think I showed that in the game against PSG.

“I’m better at pressing and my level of fitness has improved, allowing me to get touch tight to people. In the later stages of the game, I’m able to go and make that run and help the team.

“The full team have been helping me, they are a great bunch of lads. They talk to you, they don’t make you feel out of place, you feel like one of them basically.

“Even the manager, he takes you aside and talks to you, makes you feel comfortable, so there’s a great bond within the squad.

“When I come down to the 20s now I feel like the experienced one, and I feel like I can help them out.

“I can talk to them and show them how easy it can be if you put the work in. It just naturally comes to your game."

As a winger turned full-back, Miller says that Kieran Tierney, who made the same transition in his early career, is having a big influence on his game.

“It was December last year I got put in against Man City because we never had a left-back, and the gaffer like me there,” said Miller.

“Before I knew it I was making my debut there against Partick Thistle.

“When you play with the first-team you are like a winger anyway because you have so much of the ball, but I’m learning that defensive side and it’s getting better and better.

“I kind of watch what Kieran Tierney does and take that into my game. I’m just learning on the defensive side and I’m only getting better.”

11. Seosamh Máirtín

Instead of looking at slotting KT into CD to play Miller at LB, perhaps he could play in front of him. Hayes and Sinclair are great experienced pros to learn from.

12. Martin_CFC

Think Miller will naturally move further up the pitch in due course. In my opinion, Brendan is likely trying to coach him on the defensive side of the game so that him and Tierney can play together down the left for years to come and we aren't left exposed when KT goes forward if we have Miller to cover him.

If the 2 of them manage to get a run together then I can see Miller quickly overtaking Hayes and the main back up for Sinclair.

Bumblebee likes this.
  13. Bumblebee

That would be a dream come true, I hope wee Miller lives up to his potential along with Ralston. I wish we had another David Marshall in the youth setup too.

14. Martin_CFC

Hazard seems to be highly rated inside the club. Wouldn't be opposed to putting him in against a lower league team in the Scottish cup to see how he does with some experienced defenders in front of him.

Bumblebee likes this.
  15. Bumblebee

Absolutely man! I don';t want to get my hopes up but I think we might be seeing a golden generation emerge from the youth setup. All thanks to Tommy Burns, wish he were here to see it :54:

When are they naming that * complex after him!!!!

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He's got everything to be a great winger, even now he's learning the defensive side of things now slotting in at left back. Peach of a left peg on him.

Hope he's in the team against County.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Scored 3 goals against Alloa today.

JC Anton likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

If we're going to be using a 343 system more regularly, Miller would be a perfect fit to play back up to KT.

shaunm and JC Anton like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He picked up today's Celtic Website Man Of The Match.

20. shaunm

Would give him a run in the first team,bhoy has impressed when given the chance,not sure where to play him though,Left wing?Also should be loaned out in January,easily good enough for Scottish premiership imo

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017