1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

AYE it is..

Callum McGregor likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

* up ya hun. :56:

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

NAW..

Callum McGregor likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye ya *. :rofl:

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'll let you have the last word * Jambo..

PaulM1888 likes this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Looks like you got the last word there JC, well done mate :50:

I think that's a first. :84:

PaulM1888 likes this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

JC Anton likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CM: “We got back early this morning so it’s all about recovery now and get ready for the game on Saturday.”

CM: “The time of the game is not ideal but it’s a big game and adrenaline will play a big part.“

CM: “The boys are fit and will be ready for the game.

CM: “As a player you want to play in as many big games as you can. We have a good squad with a lot of quality.”

CM: “It’s a massive game. Any game for Celtic is a big game, especially with it being a semi-final.”

CM: “We know the pressure to perform and get the result. They’ll make it difficult so we’ll be ready for the challenge.”

CM: “They caused us problems in the last game and it could’ve went either way. It was an interesting battle on the day

CM: “We need to be ready for that and be prepared.”

CALLUM McGregor insists Celtic will be ready for Saturday’s League Cup semi-final against Hibernian despite their exertions in last night's UEFA Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich.
    The Bhoys only returned from Germany in the early hours of Thursday morning, leaving them precious time to recover and prepare for the last-four showdown with Neil Lennon’s side.
    But McGregor was confident the Scottish treble-winners’ fitness levels would have them raring to go come the lunchtime kick-off at the National Stadium.
    He said: “The timing of the game is not ideal but everybody will rest today and tomorrow. It’s a big game and adrenalin will play a big part as well, and the boys are fit anyway. It’s obviously not ideal but we will be ready for the game.
    “I’m sure the manager and the coaching staff will get our team ready and prepare properly, and when we step out there on Saturday, everybody will know what their job is and how they have to perform.”
    The midfielder scored in his last semi-final at Hampden when the Hoops defeated Rangers 2-0 in the Scottish Cup back in April, and he also found the net twice against Hibs in the league three weeks ago when the sides shared the spoils in 2-2 draw.
    And the 24-year-old is eager to play his part in another big occasion for the Bhoys as they target a successful defence of the trophy.
    He said: “When you have played and scored in a stadium, you get a good feeling the next time you go there, that you can do it at that level and you can play there and score goals. It’s certainly a nice feeling for me going into the game knowing I can do it at that level.
    “As a player you want to play in as many big games as you can. I have said it before, we have a big squad, with good quality and I will be champing at the bit to try and play on Saturday.
    “It’s a massive game. Any semi-final and any game and semi-final for Celtic is a big game. We know what pressure we are under to perform and get a result and we know what Hibs did when they came to Celtic Park. They put in a great performance and they will make it difficult for us as well but we need to make sure we are ready for that challenge.
    “They are a good side. We knew that going into that game anyway. They caused us problems and, looking at the game, it could have gone either way, so we need to guard against that and prepare properly for it.”
    “It was two different systems going up against each other and it was an interesting battle on the day so we need to be ready and prepared for that.”
    McGregor was an unused sub against Bayern last night as Brendan Rodgers’ side went down to a 3-0 reversal. It was a tough night for the Hoops against one of the top teams on the continent but the midfielder believes the team is making positive progress on this stage.
    He said: “When you go away to a top team you are going to suffer a wee bit without the ball, but there were definitely spells in the game where you could see we are getting better at this level and starting to implement our game-plan into these big games and these big arenas.”
    “The manager has a certain way of playing and the players believe in that as well. You see the success we have had since he came in terms of doing the treble and going unbeaten and I think we are getting better in the European competitions when we play that way.
    "He has a clear structure in the way he wants to play, and the players agree with that 100 per cent and they believe in it, so I think we will keep playing in the same way.”

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

Thought the wee man was great today.

Always looking to take the ball, ball sticking to his feet, the simple pass and move.

His control and movement is sublime, for a Scottish lad.

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Agree.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Really has to start Champions League games, he has all the right attributes to excel.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

I want to see him in every game alongside Brown.

Here P - if you had to compare him to any player, who would it be?

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Him and Brown would always start for me. The two players who make us play the best stuff.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

How could you go against Rodgers?

Wee Joe Allen obviously :56:

17. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Probably been our best overall performer this season, for me.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Callum McGregor was superb for Celtic with Rodgers delighted with the midfielder’s performance.
    He added: “He’s top-class. He was very good.
    “He keeps the ball, is a threat going forward, he’s just blessed with this great natural fitness and he has big temperament, it doesn’t matter what the game is, semi-finals, finals, league games.
    “He’s just seven or eight out of 10, every time he plays.
    “I felt today it was going to be important for us to defend with the ball at times, with the energy level maybe just slightly down, to keep the ball and he is one of the best we have at it.”

packybhoy likes this.
  19. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

This is the wee mans season I think

packybhoy likes this.
  20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Great game yesterday.

JC Anton likes this.