BT bidding for exclusive rights to show Scottish football

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by The IRA, Mar 16, 2017.

Discuss BT bidding for exclusive rights to show Scottish football in the Scottish Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The good thing is we have social media now so fans know when we have been fucjed over on these deals and vote with our feet and not bother with the subscription.... Back in the day when they offered a pittance back in 2001 no body really knew the true story papers didn't really report about it enough

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    No what I can see happening is everyone that’s on a deal with BT just now letting it run down and switching to Sky, they will keep treating us with contempt and * will keep paying them.

Bigbrute likes this.
  3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It's all fine and well doing that to watch the Scottish games it's the people watching epl games that's * us they are keeping up their ratings these people could least just watch their highlights rather than torture themselves for ninety minutes

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I really don’t care what they watch, my main point is people will vote with their feet and we lose out again whilst Sky coin it in. The best thing people could do is take the one channel we are on and * all else ie Sky Sports Football, but they won’t they will sign up to their full package with bells n whistles attached.

Bigbrute likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We actually need to stop and see where this news has come from and the way it was reported.... The sun with the words sky blows bt out the water they don't even know what bt bid was yet add on the fact news International owns the sun who have huge shares in sky if its a difference of a million a season I'd still go with bt

jake10 likes this.
  6. CookieMonster BOTB King Gold Member

Hope they tell Sky to * off but can’t see it, even though it means little to us it would be big for the smaller teams to get double tv money they currently get. Though last season they probably got more from us getting into CL than tv money.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I think the Sun with its ties to Murdoch and Sky know fine well what is on offer from both sides.

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Each club got 300, 000 from us reaching CL who ever finishes second gets 2 and a half million so the CL money does help other clubs in terms of prize fund BBC are paying 700 grand a season to show championship which will go to paying top-flight but with understanding more money will trickle down when the new TV deal happens for the top flight

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Pro 14 get 200,000 grand a match on premium sport this proposed deal with sky we get 550 we get double yes but we get like four times the size viewing audience

10. aliceinsound

BT's quality coverage has added value to our league, even if it's a bit less tv money I would still rather go with them as it will strengthen the product long term.

Though if sky are offering double or something would be difficult to turn down, I just hope they would take on alot of the current BT team.

Keano88, Gyp Rosetti and stubhoy07 like this.
  11. Bigbrute Gold Member Gold Member

* hate the * that run the game up here, they couldn’t run a bath the idiots. Sky couldn’t give a * about us, their coverage is pathetic, they don’t care. Instead of telling them to ram it, they’ll lie down and happily accept it.
    We’re never gonna progress and improve the product/standard up here with these clowns in charge. Always doomed to get * tv deals, * coverage, * money.

Keano88, Vertie and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Think the most disgusting aspect in it is you have super league rugby gets 40 million and only the North of England watches it?.... That's right nobody in the areas like Birmingham or London watches it at all sky really would rather we didn't support our own game and watch the English version

13. kevin_elliott

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    Thats down to rupert murdoch hes austrailian and prefers league over union.

14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It should be £30m a year just for our games. Rest of scottish fitba can get tae *. and try and make a deal for themselves

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We hate the fact that CL are doing that though to the smaller nations and and for a time it was * up la liga when barca and Madrid had a deal like that

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Keano88 and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  16. GreenLeanMean

Sweden have managed to secure a deal worth £50m a season. I don't know why we shouldn't be able to get a deal close to that.... Well actually I don't have much faith in the Scottish boards negotiating skills :mad:

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Allveskanan apparently getting new 48 million pound deal with eurosport if that's just the national rights then we really are the poor man of Europe so much for being in a union get shat on at highest order.... If its not and its the package altogether with highlights and international rights then the daily record is reporting it wrong and we have a better deal

18. Tim-Time 1888 Winner UEFA Champs League Last 16 prediction comp Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Based on what, or could you just as easily have said 40, 50, 70 million ?

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Thinking about it more yes we are an after thought regards to Premier league but sky pump money into championship and and league one and two.... Celtic ovb turns over a vast amount if you add champions league even still we eclipse some teams in the championship money wise its glaringly ovb if spfl with the right money and CL money added in threatens that league and their lower leagues look at it this way if you took away the money aberdeen actually turned over more money than Blackburn rovers. Getting a deal similar to rest of Europe I believe with added exposure to champions league makes the spfl a threat to England's league one and half of the English championship certainly celtic could out spend championship teams wages wise with double TV money and champion league money... Sky are behaving like a cartel

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  20. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    The pundits who present scottish football are clearly interested in the product but tbh I'd be surprised if the people at the top and who'd be bidding for the rights have any interest whatsoever, if they really want it they should pay a decent amount no point asking the SPFL to accept another * bid just because the fans like your pundits.

Unless something changes I think we'll end up stuck with sky again and I actually think BT will lose the CL rights as well, they don't seem to have the same appetite for hoovering up the rights to games as they did a few years ago.

littlekennie likes this.