1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan on BBC radio Scotland

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Definitely think he will stay, but if he was too go at the end of the season I still think we are more than capable of still winning 10 in a row

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Leicester.. not a hope.

5. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    If He's a proper Celtic fan he'll stay for ten in a row and cement himself forever in our history.

I know if it was me I'd want to do that regardless of how much more money I'd get and the club.

Artorias likes this.
  6. Murph-E

I don't think there's much chance of him wanting that Leicester job.

I think he'd want the Chelsea gig, though. Pretty much a cert Sarri will be gone soon, and if they're prepared to go with Zola as caretaker until the end of the season, I think he'd take it if offered in the summer. Started coaching there and I've heard him mention how much he enjoyed being there a few different times. Whether Abramovic will want him though is another question. Hopefully not. Plus their possible transfer embargo could change things as well.

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    David Wagner ex Huddersfield manager is available now, maybe city move for him on a similar type set up as Man U and Ole ? ie he's got to season end to make demonstrable progress and either signed as manager or binned. Wagner obviously has current knowledge of EPL

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. john2061

Exactly the board are to blame if he walks in the summer and if they have any ambition at all they should offer him a far bigger budget for europe as he has won everything in scotland the last two seasons .

9. joemc

Don't think it will be Leicester but it's poss he has been sounded out about other possibilities, as he has been talking of the time he leaves and about his ability to speak different languages preparing us for the eventuality,as others have said ,to write yourself into history as the 1 who did the 10 would be massive alongside all the other record breaking achievements he has accomplished may be the tie that binds ,we will see ,loan deals dont foster great faith in the long term .

10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

The only thing with the "he'll want to write his name in history with 10IAR..." argument is that he's already written into our history with Double (possibly triple) treble.

He couldn't leave as more of a legend with the records he's broken and trophy haul in his 3 years here.

3 seasons though, it's not a lot in the grand scheme of things. He definitely could do 2 more and everyone could be happy if he parted ways after that length of time. He could do better than Leicester tbh.

11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He’s not going anywhere, how often have these rumours came up and the media throw his name in there, he’s staying for 10.

12. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Just the media as usuall trying to create uncertainty ,the transfer window is shut so if it's not players leaving it's the manager.nonsense

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Certain media pundits will be slabbering at the chops at the very prospect of Brendan leaving in the summer, and every effort will be made to try and disrupt our quest for the treble Treble.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He is very young too for a manager, I guess it really depends on what is happening down south with jobs.

If he did leave I'd rather it at the start of a season early on, not through a season.

15. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Leicester fans not 100% on for BR

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Their fans are arseholes as is their owner!

17. RockhardBoss

Celtic should be doing everything possible to keep him here. The performance in the transfer market doesn't suggest that though.

18. clonbhoy

Leaving sentiment aside, it would be a foolish move. Sure, I can imagine Leicester can offer him more money but expectations exceed reality there as a result of their shock EPL title . On top of that, there seems to be a small clique of players there who run the club from the dressing room. A manager could have his reputation left in tatters there.
    Alternatively, he could stay with us, stroll to ten, leave a legend, reputation intact and a C.V that would give him a pick of any decent and available job in Europe. On top of that, I feel he has unfinished business in Europe. I don't think he will want to leave here with any questions.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bit harsh that mate. Poor *'s dead..

20. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Leicester fans have over inflated expectations, hence if you go on their fan forums you can see BR is not creating excitement