1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Good way to look at it mate. I had a funny feeling all week about this game and i feel like if it was a week later than the leipzig game we win, but that game took so much out of us. Not having a plan B with Griffiths hurts us a lot imo and the sooner he's back the better.

JC Anton likes this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Mate a point away after Thursday night at the second toughest defence in the league on that shambles of a pitch is not a bad result.. our squad is not good enough for drastic changes because the board didn't back the manager.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye the bench was very poor.. which BR takes his share of the blame for btw..

Thought today was crying out for a wee change of shape as the personnel on the bench weren’t better than those on the park in that formation.. would have subbed Sinclair for Mulumbu and tried... or Forrest if he needed protection.

Bain
    Lustig Boyata Benkovic KT
    Mulumbu
    Christie McGregor
    Rogic
    Forrest Edouard

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I don't think Mulumbu is anywhere near match fit, and there is always an issue with these pitches which is why Benkovic was rested (Ironically, Ajer got injured instead).

Truth be told these are the games where i'd prefer Griffiths and Brown, as i don't see many teams going there and getting more than 1 goal imo, so we needed that moment of magic that Edouard, outside the hearts game, isn't really the person to provide (This isn't a criticism on Edouard, moreso that griffiths was/is known for that one moment).

We've got Hamilton, Motherwell and Kilmarnock in the league next, and we should win the next 2 games fairly easy. It's the Kilmarnock game that'll be interesting, but by then i'd hope to see a fully fit Mulumbu and griffiths back around the squad.

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bite your hand off for a point at Livi.

Fucksake.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Accepting a point at the Macaroni Cheese is the day I chuck it..

Valhalla likes this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Mulumbu is well used to playing in that surface tho.. don’t think Thurs was a fair reflection tbh, difficult to pick up the pace in that game.

But aye when Brown, Ntcham and Griff come we will have much better options.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Let’s hope they get top 6..:50:

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'd rather they go bust..

Xatraps likes this.
  10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You must be smashed, usually you would have gotten that..:nonono:

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fried :giggle1:

Felt bang on this morning but been in a daft mood all day :brendy:

JC Anton likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Can’t wait til the 2nd.. :56: :fear:

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    The GOAT just pm'd me he's popping out for a couple as well..

I'll play baby sitter for the day :brendy:

JC Anton likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR:For James to get 5 goals in the 2 games was thoroughly deserved.”

BR: “We’ve tried to get James into the box more because that’s his job; to create goals and score goals. He’s getting better and better. A wonderful technician.

BR: “I’m just glad James is getting the recognition for the quality he has

BR: “We’ve got 11 games between now and the end of December but it’s what the players want.

BR: “Browny is back training as is Leigh Griffiths. He’s looking fit and working hard. Great having Nir back too. It’s like having a new player.”

BR: “The players are up to speed in terms of fitness and rhythm. There may be subtle (rotation) changes (in December) but not big ones.”

BR: “We always have to look at the risk of injury to certain players when we play on artificial surfaces

BR: “We’re assessing targets in the areas we want to strengthen and improve. January is always an important window.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

To be fair he did say if it meant beating Hearts twice and beating Leipzig :giggle1:

17. Murph-E

* me, stop calling Brown "Browny" :56: Brown or Broonie, "Brownie" sounds so bad.

Slaw likes this.
  18. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic "are working really hard" for an "important" January transfer window, says manager Brendan Rodgers.

The Scottish Premiership champions sold Moussa Dembele and Stuart Armstrong in the summer, bringing in Odsonne Edouard on a permanent deal for a record £9m.

Rodgers admits he "did not hide a natural frustration very well" as other signing targets were missed.

"We're assessing targets and the areas we need to strengthen in and improve," said Rodgers.

"January is an important window.

"That's an ongoing matter. I'm sure there will be enough talk in January about that. In the meantime, the focus is on the players that are here.

The guys behind the scenes are working really hard, preparing for some players to come in."

'You won't always agree but there's respect'
    In August, Celtic failed to reach the Champions League group stage for the first time in three seasons under Rodgers.

Following the qualifying defeat to AEK Athens, the manager said "it's not rocket science" to say Celtic should have been busier in the transfer market.

"I'm not one that can hide it very well, I wasn't hiding it very well at all," said Rodgers.

"There was a natural frustration because as a manager and leader of the team, you want to continue pushing forward.

"But you come away and review and reflect. What's great about my relationship with the board is that, when you work so closely together, it's only human that you won't always agree.

"If you work closely with people you're not always going to agree. What there is between us all is a huge respect."

The Celtic manager added: "There's be an incredible collective effort on and off the pitch from us to be where we are now as a club. That has to be sustained and the way you do that is by communicating and talking and planning forward.

"So yes, it was a frustrating period but gradually we've worked our way through it and now come out the other end in a good position. But, of course, it's constant and in January we hope that we can improve the squad."

'Brown's been top class for me, of course I want him to stay'
    Rodgers went on to reiterate that captain Scott Brown "deserves time" to consider his future beyond the end of the season.

The 33-year-old midfielder is back in training after injury and has been linked with moves to Australia and the United States.

"He loves it here and there will be an agreement between him and the club in relation to that," said Rodgers.

"If he has options in this last period of his career, then he probably needs time to look at that. But that shouldn't be taken by any Celtic supporters that he doesn't want to be here. He's been absolutely top class for me and we want him to stay of course."

20. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hopefully does the brewney against hamilton.

bagforlife, TESLA, Slaw and 1 other person like this.