1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Domestically we need to revert to 4-2-3-1 two wingers (we have plenty) with Gamboa & KT overlapping and I agree one of Rogic and McGregor.. that should be our default and change it up now and again to other formations.. with 3-4-2-1 a team just needs to pack the middle of the park and they can frustrate us..

Need to give Sinclair, Johnston, Morgan & Arzani a chance along with Forrest..

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He can't keep compensating for players and wedging them here and there.

Our left hand side is abysmal with creativity, KT is left to do it all but for some time has been so far off the boil with his final ball its laughable, just play a wide man.

And as said even rotate McGregor and Rogic, as * knows where both are playing, Rogic seems to have been out wide the last couple of games and Mcgregor, * knows where he's been playing.

He's trying to play like Barca minus the part you step it up when you move forward, why does he think passing it back among our defence the opposition is going to pour forward?

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Not only them two but also Moussa hasn’t been replaced either.

But it’s ok we have money in the bank and nice new lights.....

4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

There is no plan B or C for when we cannot break teams down, we are so predictable in how we are going to set up and play. Brendans first season he constantly changed things, tweaking things during games, making substitutions when he thought players were not doing it. Where has all that gone? I like playing 3 at the back but we don't play it properly.I don't like KT out wide when we play 3 at the back, is he just trying to accommodate him when we are 3 at the back ? 3 at the back with 1 up front doesn't work, it gets too congested in midfield, we had nobody running in the centre to fill the gap between midfield and Eddy. Rogic out wide right? whats that about.? Has Brendan run out of ideas with this team? Is he still peeved at the board with the summer transfer window. Does he now think he has taken this team and group of players as far as he can without decent investment ? It is still early days in the season but the signs are not good. Personally I think he does feel he cant do much more and at times looks like he has chucked it, if he has any negativity at all it can easily filter down to the players.

Doogs. likes this.
  5. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Blaming the officiating is last resort. We Were * from the first whistle last night

Last season we looked poor in many matches and its exactly the same this year. Tired, jaded, lethargic, slow, boring ..etc etc and it seems we only raise our game against Sevco or the occasional 45 mins every month or so

We are capable of so much more and the management MUST take some of the blame for this.

6. TimFloyd Gold Member

The management/coaching is an utter shambles at the moment.

We really need an overhaul on tactics as it’s not working.

Set pieces- nonexistent, I have pretty much given up hope scoring from set pieces.

Square pass champions.

Trying to pass our way into the 6 yard box

Players trying the same old thing game in game out.

7. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

This is the most annoying thing for me, no * ever try’s anything spontaneous. Even when we try and up the tempo it’s the same old, down the right, Forrest beats a few guys then steps in and out at the edge of the box, it’s looking good then we just play it back up our end of the park and recycle possession:39:

Never known a team to be on the edge of the oppositions area so much then within seconds it’s in our half again. No * wants to penetrate and move just happy playing it back the way. Annoying ad *.

freitassen and buchanbhoy like this.
  8. Maestro 08

He was right to have a go at the ref but saying it was never a red card kind of undermines his point. The ref was hoaching but he deserved the red.

I hope he's having a word with Ntcham behind closed doors instead of putting the big arm around telling him he was hard done by. We were murder last night but 11 on that park in the 2nd half and we probably go and win that. He cost us.

9. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

You can’t be serious.

Murph-E likes this.
  10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m serious. There’s a number of people obsessed with bringing them up, ironically you’ve done the same exact same.

We drew 0-0 to St Mirren and people are bringing up the huns.

People aren’t criticising our performance because of Rangers ffs.

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think players like Christie should have come on earlier. Players that need to make a point.

Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  12. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I love the man and he has achieved great things here but he has to get his * in gear and sort out this turgid boring football we play. We know teams are going to sit in against us, it's his job to figure out how to put them under pressure and exploit them. We seem happy to pass the ball about at pre-season pace whilst creating nothing

Twisty likes this.
  13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It seems because past achievments, he's beyond criticism. People forget he's our highest paid manager of all time, yet we have regressed since his first season. The board share a large portion of the blame, but BR deserves some at times as well.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  14. freitassen

We often have corner kicks where the ball is back to the goalkeeper after three touches.

15. Markybhoy

When we appointed Brendan Rodgers as manager I never believed there would be a time where I would be scunnered with the style of football we play. But that is where I'm at. It's where I've been at for over six months now in truth. Celtic are crap to watch from an entertainment perspective and something badly needs to change. If we are still playing this way in twelve months time then I don't really see much difference between the Gordon Strachan era and the Brendan Rodgers era. I wanted Strachan out because the football under him made my eyes bleed and I will eventually come round to the way of thinking that I want Rodgers out if these sorts of performances continue. The honeymoon period is well and truly over.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  16. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Last night he didnt do the good work that Aberdeen and Clarke have done calling out the SFA lately, any favours. When hes saying that wasnt a red card.
    After their comments hes now making it look like right or wrong the refs cant send anyone off

17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The football went downhill when Armstrong got injured and never wanted to play properly again imo.

Not replaced the excitement of Roberts, Sinclair doing what Rodgers has told him... pass back....
    Dembele * off. No wonder were so *.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  18. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    We should pick one of rogic and mcgregor and rotate them don’t think they’ve worked well together for the most part this season.

19. ladbroke8

I noticed during the league cup final just how long Gordon and the 2 centre backs had the ball at their feet and only moved it between each other.

Once teams know were not going at them they can set a rigid shape and defend the predictable overlap.

20. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    See tbh every manager since strachan left has come in saying they want to play entertaining football, none of them have managed it consistently over the length of their time at the club, Rodgers is in the unique position where he’s won every trophy that’s been up for grabs domestically so far.

The problem for me is the points we’re dropping when we play * football, we’re not winning ugly and because we’re not a threat from set pieces a goal has to come from open play which makes it easy for teams to defend against us.