1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. sabzz1888

Needs to get a * grip, getting absolutely raging watching this pish constantly.

2. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Needs to find a way to beat teams that sit in we don’t seem to have a plan b just pass pass pass in front of the opposition

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Needs to sort it out. Our football, for the most part, has been a chore to watch for a year now. Sideways passes, predictable going forward.

Far, far too many points dropped against pish teams over the past 12 months.

4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Stealing a living at times. Paying big money for this, supposed, free flowing attacking football when the reality is we play utterly horrendous side to side pish in 90% of games. Can't seem to get the players fired up unless it's a game against the huns, in which case it's probably not hard due to atmosphere and the whole build up.

Getting very tiresome.

LloydsGamble and neilly1987 like this.
  5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He needs to encourage players to do risky passes that go forward. Possession is for pansies.

6. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Poor performance but Christ that Dallas takes after his da don't he. * poor

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Where is the hunger? Why can we turn up and dominate Rangers - a much better side than St. Mirren - but we can't put in a performance in Paisley?

It's really frustrating watching us struggle to break down poor teams, purely because we're not passing the ball with enough tempo, not getting enough movement in forward areas and are too content to pass sideways rather than playing a riskier pass forward.

Even if you pass forward and it doesn't come off, you have the opportunity to 'counter-press' and catch the opposition out. Things have gone a wee bit stale at Celtic recently. We're asking the same players to play the same way against (pretty much) the same opponents.

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. Dubliner1

A man managing Coleraine 2 weeks ago can come and match up to Rodgers with his tactics. One is on 2.5 million a year the other less than 100K.

CH4 likes this.
  9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Let me guess... Proud of the players? Didnt get the breaks?

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. crazy-horse1977

You missed the aggression and intensity he seems to love talking about but we rarely see

11. Cmcgregor90

St mirren where pressing the first half man for man why at that point where we not free flowing the passing and suck thim in to push higher up the park and find that space

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Outthought by a PE teacher.

neilly1987 likes this.
  13. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Delia would have been proud of that performance tonight

FFS has Rodgers downed tools ?

neilly1987 likes this.
  14. Devlin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He will cost us big time in the future, his da was a hun bigoted *, seemingly he's despised by a lot of refs as he's been fast-tracked through the SFA branch of the lodge because of his da.

That said Celtic should be pumping teams like St Mirren no excuses, they really need to get the finger out just not good enough :triplomur

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Behave yourself.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: We were playing against a spirited team that have made a change in manager and were always going to make it difficult for us.

BR: "We were a bit passive in our defending but I think once we organised that we were better. Olivier's sending off didn’t change too much. If anything, we dominated even more. The story was we just couldn’t quite make the final pass or action in front of goal."

BR: "The players gave absolutely everything on the back of an international break. You want to win but it’s another cleansheet. We’ll just take a point and move on."

BR on
    @Leighgriff09
    contract: "It’s brilliant for him and the club. Now he can really focus on his football and get to a consistent level of fitness and availability. The supporters love him and we all love him so it’s good news."

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers last night took aim at the officials who sent off Olivier Ntcham last night as the Hoops were held to a 0-0 draw against St Mirren.

The French midfielder was sent off for a first-half foul on Stephen McGinn, his second booking of the evening, but it was a decision that left Rodgers irked.

And the Celtic manager was unequivocal with his criticism of what he felt was a lamentable performance from referee Andrew Dallas and his match assistants.

Asked how he felt the officials performed, Rodgers said: “Not very good, to be honest.

I never like to focus too much on the referees but I think for both teams I didn’t think any of the four officials were very good.

“I don’t know if it’s a mark of all the attention that’s around them.

“But there were lots of incidents the got wrong.

“The sending off for me is not a yellow card.

If you watch it again, the first one is a booking and we take that. But before the second one there is an incident when Olivier makes contact with the ball and wins the ball, but the referee gives a free-kick against us.

“Then when you see it in the corner Olivier is running across to block the ball up the line and he St Mirren player as he plays it is falling over. At the same time Olivier slides but doesn’t have contact with the player.

“So from that – and the fact it;’s in the corner makes it lively – then the ref falls for it and he gets a second yellow.

“For me it wasn’t a second yellow or a sending off.

“I don’t think there was a good one between them all this evening. Listen, it’s simple I don’t think they were good."

The SFA and referees have been in the eye of a storm given decisions that have been made in games this season, something that Rodgers believes speaks for itself in terms of the standard on offer.

“I think the fact we are speaking about them let’s people see there’s been indecision," said Rodgers.

There’s been a spotlight on the refs and I don’t want to increase that.

“But yeah – it was just a poor demonstration of officiating.

“There were a few. I thought Tom Rogic fouled the St Mirren player but he got on the ball and ran away.

“Then Tom got booked for something ridiculous."

And Rodgers believes that even with ten men Celtic still looked the more likely team to score.

“I will focus on the team and think, ok with 10 v 11 how can we change it?" he said.

“We put all the risk into the game, we put a winger to right-back, put another striker in and played 4-3-2 and tried to do everything to win the game, but we didn’t.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Brendan has nothing left to prove to you wee * crybabies.

6 trophies in 2 seasons and there's still scum-sucking wee plankton dying to stick the knife in after a 0-0 on a friday night after half the team have played in midweek.

The * entitlement from some so-called supporters nowadays is migrane inducing. We could win the europa league and you wee tabloid newspaper-baw hanging * would be calling for his head if he didnt do it again the next season.

I dont even blame you *, its an attitude thats filtered its way into the Celtic support from the EPL and Champions League top level plastic oil money worshippers.

Its * retarded though. If you're disappointed in the teams performance then put some thought into your criticism instead of taking thinly veiled stabs at our best manager in 2 decades like a bunch of snakey wee * huns.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    37 games in 2018 and we’ve failed to score in 10 of them.

celticfan01 likes this.