1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

I absolutely love this man. Everything he says makes sense to me but will he be given the time to achieve his goals with us? I sense impatience from some quarters by folk who just want to see glory all the time. You need to work your way up to that level and he's the man with a plan. I'm excited by the idea of what he will ultimately bring to us. He's so right about the thousands who attended that game (my nephew was one) because they made me feel so proud. Singing their hearts out and spreading the feel good fun factor with a hand of friendship. My nephew said the locals were really friendly and his description of how they were received was reminiscent of Seville for me.

Random Review and Artorias like this.
  2. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Morning my dear :celt_2: Life's been a bit mental of late so I've been taking a back seat :86:

3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Sometimes it's needed Jeannie. Need to take stock of the madness.:50:

Jeannie960 likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "We got back in the early hours of Thursday morning so the boys had a free day yesterday to recover.

BR: "We are learning every game and always trying to find a solution in games. It's about constant development."

BR: "We are on the right path. It’s all about progress and the players are on the right track."

BR: "We are on the right path. It’s all about progress and the players are on the right track

BR: "As a manager, if you go down, go down with your own vision. It was a great learning game and that will benefit us."

BR: "Semi-finals are normally tight games. We’ve enjoyed our time at Hampden, the players have played very well there."

BR: "We expect a tight and tough game but as always we hope we have the game model to get us a victory.

BR: "It’s about preparing the best you can physically and mentality, come tomorrow the players will be ready."

BR on @SimunovicJozo: "A repeat of what he had before so probably out for a few weeks but I'll get more detail on that today."

BR: "The players have got this real determination and it’s something we’ll take into the game tomorrow.”

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I really hope he's identified a CB target for the January window.

6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

From his press conference after the Bayern game it was all about us and the long term process, sounds like he wants to be here for well past 10IAR, more like he wants to build a legacy like Stein. Part of that is learning to play possession and high pressing football in the biggest competition, we will take beatings playing like that but we will learn and improve from every game.

People forget some of the awful away displays we've had down the years against much smaller opposition in Europe, or playing 11 men behind the ball trying to get a lucky breakaway. It's frustrating on nights like Wednesday but it's good Brendan is sticking by his guns and playing the way we want to, it will just take time.

There were so many overreactions on here and elsewhere, the system will work just gotta trust the process we are going through.

It is obvious we need another centre back, but if we can't get the quality in we're looking for there's no point rushing and getting anyone in.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  7. celtic warrior

It can't be stressed how true this is, we did it long enough with some amount of * brought in upfront in the past, under no circumstances should we then do the same for defence.

I say it a lot but Rodgers has a tough ask of finding a cb who can improve the starting 11 and then keep the cb's happy because that balancing act is on a very fine line right now because fair enough we got injury issues but one signing in the cb position could spell the end of Jozo, Boyata or Erik, most likely to be Erik right now though but then we are right back where we started with potentially one fit cb and two injury prone ones.

Artorias likes this.
  8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Exactly, under past managers it was a case of just buying quantity and hoping one worked out the best. Now it's all about finding the right player who has the quality or potential, some experience, still fairly young and within our budget, not exactly an easy ask.

Just now we either look for an experienced CB or a younger player with potential. Erik will be gone I think, we should definitely be using Ajer a lot more he looks a classy player at a young age just needs more game time at this level. So then it should really be an experienced CB we look for that can settle our back line.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Agree with all of that other than the bold. I would be shocked if he stayed past the 10.

It is going to be extremely difficult for us to seriously compete in the CL anytime soon tbh and I think it will eventually drive him away. Would be different if he knew he had the funds there to bring in players who can match the likes of Bayern and PSG but we can't.

After 5 years or so I think he will begin to get a bit restless. I think the legacy and long term vision etc he often mentions is more with putting it in place for his successor to then take over, rather than him actually being here for 15-20 years.

Would love if he was, mind.

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Definitely I don’t think I can handle all this patching up of our defence the rest of the season, especially if we get a result at home to Anderlecht and go into the Europa League.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  11. joemc

Can't help but think a bobo balde in there against bayern would have stopped those goals ,we need a no nonsense cb who will go through keeper ,man ,ball ,ref, to clear those crosses ,he didn't cost the earth ,if he can prove he doesnt have 2 left feet then get him in ,still believe we need another dangerous striker too,will see wot happens January and pre season ,it's a key year if we want to show progress.

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Unless the board * him over I think he will be here for a while, not 15-20 years right enough but I definitely think it'll be well over another 5 years he'll be here. He's only 44 and already managed in the EPL and given how it ended there I don't think he's in a rush to go back down there, more likely a team in Spain.

I think he'll enjoy that challenge though because it's all about bringing through young players and bringing in players with potential. More and more top talents will want to come here the further we progress as when we keep bringing through young players. He knows as well there is a bit less pressure here, we will dominate domestically for the foreseeable future so there wont be an axe dangling above his head after a few loses.

Agree with that, he's changing the club bottom up so we will be even better bringing through young players who already know how to play his system and makes the process so much easier down the road.

Suppose we just need to wait and see. Exciting times nonetheless!

13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Am sure we could get big Caldwell back in :50: I agree though, just a big mad * that no * wants to go near, hard to find nowadays though.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The fact we were trying to sign that Rivaldo lad, tells us he knows it's an area we need to improve on.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN Rodgers says that his team will show their resolve when they meet Hibernian in the League Cup semi-final this Saturday following their Champions League disappointment in midweek.

The Hoops returned to training this morning after Wednesday’s game against Bayern Munich as they finalise preparations for the continued defence of the League Cup at Hampden tomorrow. Speaking to the media at Lennoxtown, the Celtic manager said his team is highly-motivated to return to winning ways when they face Neil Lennon’s side.

“The disappointment will be gone,” said the manager. “We’ve been in the Champions League before where we’ve lost games and bounced back. We lost against Barcelona and went into a final where we were absolutely brilliant.

"This situation is likewise. We have good memories and good experience playing at Hampden, but the focus is on now and that’s about preparing yourself the best you can physically and mentally.

“That’s something we aim to finish off today so that, come tomorrow at 12:15, the players will be ready.”

Hibernian recently held Celtic to a 2-2 draw in the Premiership, but Brendan Rodgers believes tomorrow’s game at Hampden will be an entirely different affair.

“The semi-finals are normally tight games so we’ll anticipate that," he said. "I thought Hibs played well in that game. We’re on the back-end of a long run of games and have obviously played midweek.

"For us it’s a different game, though. It’s at Hampden and we’ve enjoyed our time there. It’s a big pitch, good condition and the players have played very well there. We expect a tight game, a tough game but, as always, we hope we have the game-model that can get us the victory.”

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CymruBhoy likes this.
  17. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    BR : “ . . had a lovely cup of tea . . . “
    ...... :57:

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan on how it feels to manage the club he supported and his favourite moment so far.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LilZe8/status/921461240530132992/video/1

Brendan on his favourite Celtic player and who inspired him as a manager.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LilZe8/status/921460411832176640/video/1

Brendan on his favourite Celtic goals: Larsson, Hartson, Byrne and McClair.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LilZe8/status/921468555081723904/video/1

Brendan on his song
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LilZe8/status/921440213158780928/video/1

19. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It's the personal connection that Brendan has with the club and the supporters that is making his time with us so special. It's a perfect fit, and the way the team is continuing to develop is fantastic. With our budget, it's much more of a challenge to compete with the billionaire franchises (I don't think of them as clubs any more), but who'd want to follow their soulless example? Long may Brendan's time with us continue. Eventually, inevitably, he'll move on, but I'm sure he already knows that nothing he ever does in the future will mean as much to him as his time here. Eventually we'll look back on this as a golden period in our club's proud history.

20. Chavez

I agree that views like that need to be squashed but the absurdity of the post made me assume he was trolling!

Jeannie960 likes this.