1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Sorry mate, what do you mean we can’t account for losing Benkovic & Boyata.. that’s exactly what we should be doing it’s not as if it will come as a surprise..

Seán Mac D and Twisty like this.
  2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I mean for the Valencia game. Ajer and Simunovic isn't ideal but we are unfortunate not to have two of Boyata/Benkovic/Ajer available.

In summer an early CB signing and we've got a new first choice partnership with Ajer that should be good enough for the qualifiers.

3. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I think we should have at least got one centre back in this window especially with the injuries we now have and the fact we're going to lose our two first choice centre backs in the summer.

We're leaving ourselves with a * ton to do before the qualifiers. Our board will probably cheapskate us again and hope for the best with what we have though.

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Going with the TS interview don't expect anything else, just mentioned outgoings. He did say that it's even too hard to deal with Championship teams, not that we should be looking there much with the crazy * amounts going down there.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye that’s my point, it may take us time to get a CB in and bed them in for the CL qualifiers and to have the possibility of the same scenario as we had this season, is negligent..

I’m happy with the injection of class up front and forward planning with Bayo and Shved.. why could we not cover all bases at the back?

Let’s see what the rest of the day brings, but even with a RB added it would be a mediocre window in terms of what’s needed this season and what’s required to put us in the absolute best position for next..

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Given that Burke and Weah have came in and improved us immediately, it’s not a stretch to think the right CB could do the same, in the next window.

tomlamb likes this.
  7. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm assuming he meant we find it hard to deal with championship teams if we want the same players due to the amount they can spend on wages. Not that we are looking at player in the championship.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Gotcha.. :50:

It’s the way we drag our heels sometimes, especially when it comes to defensive recruitment, that’s the worry for the summer.

Especially if we replace our manager too..:fear:

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye like I said I’m happy with those additions..

But, we were already out of the CL by the time we signed Benkovic this season..

10. tomlamb

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Your right, we shouldn’t be lookng there. Don’t understand why he mentions English football, we should have nothing to do with it. Too much money involved to be worth our trouble. Scout everywhere else but england should surely be our philosophy. It’s pointless, just keep city sweet for there reserves..

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can’t make that same mistake again, then. Hopefully we avoid any Boyata or Dembele like incidents too.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, that’s why a deal for at least one CB should be done in this window.. as our most effective CBs will have left the club.

So, we’ve learned nothing from the mistakes made this summer. Which is negligent..

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I wouldn’t say not signing a centre back in this window is negligent, but I understand your frustration.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Can’t think of a better word mate.

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Im really beginning to think now that Rodgers might not stay on after this season.

If the right back on loan basically concludes this transfer window for us, then it is hugely underwhelming and I cant see how the board are in any way matching Rodgers ambitions.

Our board operate at such an * level. I still find it astounding how head never rolled after the last window.

The accounts sheets for the year do not tell the whole story. We continually fail to capitalise from a position of strength.

16. Murph-E

It's a very difficult window to operate in. It's a tough market. Wages. English TV. Poor wee Celtic's revenue is only £105mil a year, we can't be expected to sign a £3mil player.

17. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Can’t think this has not been said, but if we win 8 in row and he stays, with all the backing or not (McGinn) he stays for the ninth. Should a club in England come calling do you think he will go..? If he gets 9 then surely that puts him up there with the best,but if he sees the chance to go to a top 6 side in engerland next year, do you think he will go ? I only say this as the signings we are making for the “ future” seem to be swallowing up money we could use for the 10 ? Would he think if the club hasn’t his ambitions he will go having done his bit ?

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Who’s BR fella.

19. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Some bloke...

20. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Hes already got one foot out the door.

This window says at all.

Its obvious the board werent gonna sanction any large permament moves for our * of a defence for a manager with 6 months left.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.