1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He's a 5'9 centre mid.

Keano88 likes this.
  2. Murph-E

Just looked him, right enough was him, never knew that. Never made an appearance for them, was part of that deal when Newcastle chucked a bunch of rejects at them and they weren't allowed to say no.

3. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    One of those rejects (Mbabu) would solve our RB problem. Wonder if he picked up a hatred for them whilst there that would encourage him to sign.

Keano88 likes this.
  4. Mr. Slippyfist

Mbabu would be a fookin quality signing!

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He struggles to get in the Motherwell team why the * would be go for him?:43: If we were to go for anyone from Motherwell it should be Turnbull, got lots of potential.

Tony. likes this.
  6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I’m still hopeful of a right sided central defender coming in.

I don’t get the negativity regarding Ralston...I think he’d be an upgrade on Lustig.

Certainly tougher and fitter.

clonbhoy, Tommy25 and Mr. Slippyfist like this.
  7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I like Ralston but we can't expect him to fill in for Lustig seamlessly. We need to sign a quality right full and have Ralston challenge him.

8. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

The fact we are even discussing Motherwell players here is * depressing!

9. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    What * thread am I in? This place gets more surreal by the day. The January break coupled with it being a transfer window really has brought us all to the edge of sanity.

10. Keano88

Think Tony’s been watching Big Momma’s House.

Tony. and Spring Time like this.
  11. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Rafinha is out of contract in June lots of experience and could solve our RB problem

12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

:58:

13. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2019
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

In their Euro qualifiers back in July, Rodgers’ side looked like they’d be relentless in their pursuit of an eighth straight title.

His plan was to play with two strikers and in Moussa Dembele and Odsonne Edouard he had
    what looked like a deadly partnership.

Dembele’s big-money departure to Lyon changed all of that. And Rodgers reverted back to the system that has won him back to back Trebles.

But after bringing in Timothy Weah, in particular, on loan from PSG as well as Ivorian striker Vakoun
    Issouf Bayo in this transfer window, the Celtic boss admits a two-pronged strike force might be a possibility once again.

He said: “Timothy coming in gives us the option again of playing two up front. When Moussa left, it took away that option.

“Because you need different types of strikers to do what we were trying to do.

“The players we’ve brought in will increase the options.

“We worked in pre-season with two up front and people could see the excitement the team had.

“After Moussa left, we had a tricky start to the season until the team found their form again.

“In our last game, the difference was that we were missing quality players while Rangers, and other teams, have improved.

“We’ve got a good squad but in those type of games, we still need players who can make the difference. If we don’t have them, it can be tough for us.

“So we’ll have options again in the second half of the season. At Liverpool, I played a diamond a lot. I’ve not had a chance to do that here but it can give the team a different dynamic.

“The players are great here, in terms of their flexibility. These new signings will allow us to look at different things.

“Timothy can play all across the frontline. He’s very quick and dynamic – he’ll do well here.

“He’s a talented young player who will hopefully make an impact.

“It’s great that a young boy like Timothy – who had options in the Premier League and in France – chose Scotland.”

Weah has become the second player Rodgers has loaned from French giants PSG after Edouard.

After an initial loan stint, Celtic splashed out £9million on the striker in the summer.

The manager says there’s now a good relationship between the Scottish champs and a European
    powerhouse, which he hopes can work to their benefit again with the arrival of Weah.

He said: “There’s a trust there between ourselves and PSG, in terms of the development of the player.

“They’re a club who have global superstars so not all of their young players are going to make it.

“But sometimes boys need a career outside of the club before they get a career there.

“We took Odsonne then PSG got their value and we got value as well. He’ll now grow and develop.

“It’s the same with Timothy. It’s a loan initially but you never know what can
    happen after that.

“PSG see us as a club where their players can develop. We give them an opportunity to grow.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He said: “Timothy coming in gives us the option again of playing two up front. When Moussa left, it took away that option.

“Because you need different types of strikers to do what we were trying to do.

“The players we’ve brought in will increase the options.

“We worked in pre-season with two up front and people could see the excitement the team had.

“After Moussa left, we had a tricky start to the season until the team found their form again.

Is it me reading too much into that or does it say alot about how he sees Griffith?

16. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I take it as he thinks Edouard and Griff are too similar to be played together.

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. Jeremie Frimpong

I don’t think they’re very similar players at all, to be honest, but they don’t complement each other well.

Valhalla, The IRA and Lewis Kerr like this.
  18. Mr. Slippyfist

He hasn't even given Griff and Eddy a proper shot together as a front 2.

Griff was prolific up top with Stokes early in his career, and Stokes was like Eddy who liked to drift out to wide areas, so it's not like Griff hasn't played with someone like that.

Pretty evident that Rodgers just doesn't fancy Griff, and his days at Celtic are numbered, regardless of how many "positive" soundbites we will hear.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  19. Jeremie Frimpong

Aye, you might be right about that, mate.

20. Maestro 08

Got to agree. I think BR sees his popularity with the fans and with his teammates & wants to keep him around & there's no doubting his finishing abilities which Rodgers also acknowkedges but he will never be a first pick under him. He just doesn't fit the BR prototype for an attacking player, his game is too limited . I hope he gets back firing on all cylinders but unfortunately I think his days are numbered here.