1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I thought it was the assault when He kicked broony in the balls when the ball was nowhere near that was being questioned along with the Christie & Ralston assaults.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It is aye but it only strengthens the point by pointing out previous incidents in the past where we are being held to different standards to the rest.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's important that BR exudes coolness but he must be as seething as the rest of us in the inside.. let the Club tackle the issue and let BR use it as a motivational tool for his team.

Smash teams so much that refereeing can't effect the result.

This will be a sweet title.

Roskopicachu and Tony. like this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

By all accounts the club have tried to deal concerns privately with the head of refereeing. It's evidently not working.

Brendan Rodgers pointing it out while on Sky or BT after a match will bring much more attention to it than any boardroom effort by the club.

The officials have become emboldened as we've not spoken out and they've not been demoted for their errors. For me the time for diplomacy has gone. We've got to challenge this head on now. Armed with reams and reams of evidence.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I take your point mate and everyone has different styles of management. And how he deals with poor officiating is very understanding on the face of it..

A fans representative on the board would make all the difference in pressing for Acton on these matters.. and other blatant bias against us.

For BR, his focus will be on the next match. He'll see it as a waste of energy to dwell too much on matters he can't effect, that's how he operates. Rightly or wrongly..

If it continues, which it will and the title remains tight we may see a different side to BR..

6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    100% mate. He will choose his words on this matter very carefully in public but in private will have seen enough to assure him there is bias. He is also mindful of singling out referees performances as in turn it will make Celtic a target at every turn and refs playing the book to a T. Also refs would throw out their dummies and go on strike again blaming big bad Celtic and giving us more negative attention. I feel he has been cute here in saying Beaton had a poor day and reasoning that it’s because the refs arent professional full timers. Laying the incompetence at the door of the SFA.

JC Anton likes this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He can effect it though. Call it out. Make it as uncomfortable as possible for them to continue doing it in plain sight. The dignified silence approach has not worked.

This season alone we've had:

[​IMG]

No red card. Retrospectively reviewed, no ban.

[​IMG]

No card (despite the official clearly looking on in the picture) No retrospective ban.

[​IMG]

No action taken at the time. Retrospective 2 game ban, no benefit to Celtic.

[​IMG]

No action taken at the time. Retrospective 2 game ban, no benefit to Celtic, benefit given to Sevco who Livingston played next.

[​IMG]

No penalty, no card, retrospective 2 game ban, no benefit to Celtic.

[​IMG]

Yellow card.

[​IMG]

No card, no talking to, no retrospective action.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  8. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    Tbh,I still think McGinn slipped,yellow yes,red no way.

Pacific Ocean Blue likes this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

These things even themselves out over the course of a season anyway.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He did slip, it was still a nailed on red though, slip or not he was out of control and it was a shocker.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I’ve always said Refs should be full-time, with an academy to train them in all aspects of the game, fitness, physiology, communication etc.. with ex-pros brought in to consult and advise.. they should also do everything to have VAR and goaline technology.. even making the clubs contribute to the funding..

The more professional it’s made the better.. offer an attractive salary with performance idicators etc.. if the * Job is on the line we may see a better standard.. recruiting from all sections of society all over the UK/EU..

It needs a whole fresh approach, so does the SFA and indeed Scottish society in general..

Liam Scales and Ewang83 like this.
  12. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    They would only become better at being sly against us..practice makes perfection.

Full time refs would make no difference to Celtic.

What is needed is ...sack the lot and bring referee’s that are going to be fair and non corrupt.

Tony., StPauli1916, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If their livelihoods were on the line it would make a difference..

Tony. likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Full time is still the way to go.
    Even short to medium if it means making half these * full time, it means they are accountable and need to do training etc. Job on the line for massive * ups like beaton. Eventually the truly bad ones will be gone and we can employ better/further afield refs.

They need to go full time.

*, it wasn't that long ago it broke that all the refs in Scotland actually failed a refs test. It was laughed off.

Had they been full time, that's something you can actually punish and demand they pass.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

15. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    When it's summarized like Sean D just did, I was not convinced before but * me... Is it that obvious and blatant now?

Also someone posted a blog before about players were sick the week of the game with D&V, was there any substance to that story?

16. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I totally agree mate, and this post is absoloutely essential to highlight how bad these * are. I'm not 100% sure where I sit with the bias/cheating accusations go. With the evidence out there it's increasingly harder to ignore them though.

I personally don't want Rodgers to be publicly lambasting refs. I don't think it shows him in a good light. I would however, hope that he is taking them to task continuously in a more private manner.

He's more likely to get some sort of dialogue with them.

I personally think Madden is the pick of them. An utter * of a ref, and when i come out of CP after he's ref'd one of our games my throats sore for days from screaming abuse at the *.

Tony. likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

Obviously Brendan had to let him win for the cameras

19. oh bhoy

Can't believe Jimmy white didnt bottle it

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers has ruled out the prospect of a big-money marquee signing in the final weeks of the transfer window.

Locked in the tightest title battle for years, the Parkhead side have already signed £2million Ivory Coast striker Vakoun Issouf Bayo, who will arrive in Dubai on Saturday morning for his medical, and sealed loan deals for PSG striker Timothy Weah and Scotland winger Oli Burke.

American left-back Andrew Gutman has also agreed to become the fourth signing pending the result of a work-permit application

Frustrated by Atalanta's refusal to sell £6million Belgian international right-back Timothy Castagne, Celtic have now turned their attention to Omar Elabdellaoui of Olympiakos.

Asked if any crowd-pleasing marquee signings are likely, however, the Parkhead boss said: 'I don't think that's how Celtic works.

'The model of the club is value and maximising that value and talent and development and seeing it grow at the club.

The young players that have come in fit that model.

'My job was to develop that, increase that talent within and hopefully they can come in and do a great job for Celtic. Whether they are loan signings or a permanent signing.'

Both Bayo and American college prospect Gutman are expected in Glasgow to finalise deals when the champions return from a week of warm-weather training in Dubai.

With Mikael Lustig weighing up a return to Sweden to sign for AIK Stockholm, Rodgers remains in the market for a right-back and club sources have confirmed an interest in Norwegian international Elabdellaoui, a former Stromsgodset and Manchester City player.

Sportsmail understands that interest in Aberdeen's Scott McKenna has cooled after a £3.5m bid was turned down in the summer.

Asked if further signings are likely, Rodgers added: 'Ideally. I think there are still positions where we would like to get folk in.

'But we needed to improve the squad, there was no doubt about that.

'The second part of the season is about bringing in more offensive threats and giving us more options.

'In the first part of the season you could see that we were not ideal, having to play players out of position and what not.

'That has just been unfortunate, really. But bringing these guys in really supports the players already there and, once we get the injured players back as well, that gives us something to look forward to.'

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019