1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And tried to rip apart the club on his exit, a lot of that he was successful in.

2. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    So you think "nearly every single one of our managers" has left us for a better league ? Seriously ?

Without even getting onto the damage he did to our infastructure.

Doogs. likes this.
  3. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    * all to do with that to be honest!! Plenty have left for bigger and better with our best wishes!! This * lied through his back teeth professing his love blah blah and then to leave when he did!!!

Twisty and Garrymac1888 like this.
  4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    To what extent is this true? Other than wanting to take his back room staff (who nearly all managers do).

5. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Many players and managers have left us through our history for better teams/to enhance their career". None have received anything like the vitriol from so many as this guy has. Surely it can't be because we are all jealous of his sparkly smile or his amazing tan.

6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    But it is ultimately true. For a manager of the calibre of Rodgers, he was never going to stay at Celtic forever (in our current league) and it is very unlikely he would be sacked. So what next for him after winning every domestic trophy?

I said it at the time, Leicester was not a bad club to go to at all. Easily has the best infrastructure outside the traditional “top 6”.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He wanted to take all the staff, even those he hadn’t brought to the club. He brought his absolute clown of a mate in who was incompetent, ripped our scouting department to bits, including those who managed to get us Wanyama, Dembele and Van Dijk.

We had 4 scouts by the time he was done. 4, at a club our size. That’s * disgusting.

He had absolute no thought towards our future, he ran Kieran Tierney into the ground with no regard for his safety or how it would effect him, similar Callum McGregor and to sum absolutely everything up in how much he just never gave a * about setting us up for the future look at his short termism with Rogic last season, injections to get through games when he only needed a couple of weeks rest. Something we are still feeling the repurcussions of.

By January he had completely given up the facade of caring for us beyond his short time that was left, and his signings made that abundantly clear. The man is a narcissistic rat who had no regard beyond his own reputation.

I thank him for what he done here, there’s no doubt what he done for us is an absolute historic, unbelievable, probably unmatchable feat domestically but that doesn’t cover what he is and what he done. * him.

8. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Personally, I don't hold anything against KT, for one example. This article's a different breed from him though....yeah decent coach, I'll give you.

The title of this thread couldn't be more appropriate.

9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    It is not true.You said nearly every one of our managers has left us for a better league. That is just fundamentally not true and just sensationalism.

In answer to your question as to what is next for Rodgers. As I have already said in this thread a good season this year and that at some point next season he will * it up as he is not a good manager. He's a good coach.

Gabriel and Liam Scales like this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    When he needs to rely on Congerton finding him new signings and you get further away from the current bunch he has, that’s when he’ll struggle.

Look at Thursday there, we played 2 Rodgers signings, Hayes and Eddy.

That’s mental.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Do you genuinely think that Rodgers was happy with the transfer system implemented by Peter Lawwell at Celtic? John McGinn?

Mind the Green Brigade banner at the time “If you don’t back him, you’ll lose him”. We all agreed at the time didn’t we? But now there is hindsight and emotional judgment on his performance, transfers and such like. The emotional response very rarely corresponds with rationality.

Broadly, the transfer system has been the same for years. For every Edouard there is a Burke. For every Ntcham there is a Kouassi. For every Hooper there is a Bangura. For every Van Dijk there is Mouyokolo. Some work some don’t. Investment is the key and that comes from above the manager.

Are you happy with the amount of games Callum
    McGregor has played this season this far? In terms of injections I am pretty sure this happens relatively frequently. I can remember plenty of times Brown having to get injections at certain points prior to Rodgers coming to Celtic.

I think the suggestion that Rodgers did not care about the health of the players is conjecture unless there is actual evidence.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

No.

bagforlife likes this.
  13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

* up.

14. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Our managers in this century have either not been good enough; at the end of their careers; extenuating circumstances. I don’t doubt that it would have been an intention of theirs however. In the same manner as our players.

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    heavy yas x

bagforlife and Doogs. like this.
  16. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

The evidence is there with KT, Rogic & Callum. He overplayed them & plenty of others.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Implemented by Peter Lawwell? Where do you get that idea? It was implemented by Lee Congerton and Brendan Rodgers. Do you think ripping apart our scouting system and leaving us with 4 scouts is good enough?

Brown was with advice of the medical staff and was also 10 years ago when it was more of the norm, Rogic was playing when he needed rested and it was well known.

Look at his injury records at Swansea, Liverpool and us. The players injuries skyrocket when he’s there and settle when he leaves.

You’re in denial, and I can see why because he provided some fantastic times but if you can’t see what’s wrong with his behaviour and what he done to us in the end then you’re absolutely blinded by just how * good he was results wise for us.

StPauli1916 and Doogs. like this.
  18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Here wae gaaoowwwww

:party048::party048:

bagforlife likes this.
  19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    So you are admitting your original statement that "nearly every one of our managers has left for a better league" was just rubbish ?

I am not particularly emotional about Rodgers either way, however I am happy to wait and see how he gets on down in England and I am pretty confident it will prove that you are over-estimating his abilities and are ignoring the evidence of his managerial career so far. Time will tell.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I hope he does really well down there as much as I * dislike him just now. It reflects better on us as a team and a league, our reputation comes before anything for me.