1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bottlers...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Officer Doofy, Apr 15, 2012.

Discuss Bottlers... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Rogne has been solid and Matthews isn't experienced.

We do need to add to our back line though, I'm sure the manager knows that.

2. Celtic_Jorge

Rogne sure bottled the 2011 CIS final. I'd rather he got his experience in other games, not finals.

Matthews got good experience with Cardiff imo. Better than some of the players we get from 2nd tier leagues and from obscure parts of the world.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The 2011 CIS final?

Dear * man, he has been immense for 6 months since he returned from injury, let it go.

4. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This thread is an embarrassment. It's a young team - I actually would sacrifice a Cup or two if it meant experience for these guys. Instead of defining ourselves by what the media call us, how about we support what is clearly an improving squad in the hope that in a couple of years they might have enough experience to actually do something in Europe? The lack of foresight is shocking. We won the league, that's the most important thing, everything else is just gravy. They won't be young forever, and once they hit 25-26, if they start bottling it, then ok get rid of them. So yeah, I'd be for getting rid of Cha or Loovens, but not for cutting down on Rogne's playing time.

5. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    some of y'all think we're going to breeze through the cl..yet we can't even break down a hearts team and miss open shots on goal in important games.

certain celtic players who do really fucken stupid things, a euro team would see this and turn the pressure cooker on and we'd collapse.

If we can't step up in big games and if the players can't motivate themselves and see the importance of smashing teams like hearts, then we're really in big trouble.

6. pod

Spot on.

7. xMcCulloch II

Fav Celtic Player:
    Anthony Stokes
    And Ki :icon_mrgreen:

Numpty should have had two :56:

8. scottythetim

Excellent post mate, we are making mistakes no doubt, young hot headed manager who will calm down in time, young players who are inexperienced but improving all the time

Ok so we are really inconsistent performers, but it took a massive effort to turn this league around and for that they deserve loads of praise,

A clearout of the fringe and lacklustre players in the summer add some proven experienced new guys and we will improve again next year

ALL HAIL THE CHAMPIONS

9. Gabberhead Celt

We have been badly missing Kayal, he used to thrive on the big matches and take total control of midfield! Instead we have had Ki running and hiding.

10. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    How on earth is this thread still open? :56:

Some people really need to get a reality check.

11. joemc

this team have proved we are not good yet ,we had more ref errors go against us again ,quite blatant in fairness, but we should have done better to avoid a same situation as against killie ,we had no time left to recover after the expected honest mistake, so we should have hit them with everything early and get in front ,then there is less chance the * up from the ref is not game changing .

12. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Were we bottlers when we won 20 games in a row? I think possibly the most pressure filled game of the season was when we beat Motherwell, who were looking to pull clear in second. We were 15 points behind the huns. Or what about the December OF game, when we had the chance to go top? Were we not under pressure in the second half against Kilmarnock when we were 3-0 down? We should have won the LC final and the SC semi, and would have done were it not for poor finishing. I don't think Lenny can be blamed for those defeats, if you're looking to blame someone blame Hooper for missing that early chance against Killie, or Ki for missing those headers yesterday, or Stokes for missing that sitter. As for the OF game, I don't think we'll ever know. We were getting a foothold in the game with 11 men, Sammy had that great run and shot which Stokes missed the rebound for, we had a few corners and were starting to put some pressure on. Then that disgraceful red card decision and all of a sudden we're camped in our own half.
    Over the course of the season we've shown ourselves to be the best team in Scotland. We've pulled through when the pressure's been on and won the league by a country mile. How does that make us bottlers?

13. Professor Green

How can people call the CHAMPIONS bottlers?!.

14. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry
    Sorry,
    But bottling it, was exactly what we done yesterday! please don't tell me KI did'nt when he missed those sitters! We had the chances to finish them off and again we failed to do so. This then let the penalty incident become the major talking point, It was not a penalty but we should have had the match tied up by then. Last week people were going on about Europe, not a hope in * with the present squad. The very best we can hope for is entry into the Europa cup group stages and finish 2nd or 3rd. That is of course if we do not strenghen the squad.

15. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    did rangers not bottle it in the league cup to falkirk the scottish cup to utd and a 15 point lead in the league.yesterday we were unlucky theres nothing more in it.what i want to know is why izzy isnt getting a game?

16. pod

Plus their embarrassing Euro exits.

17. oh bhoy

i dont know if lennon has the bottle to be manager for the big games ,it seems he over thinks things and makes bizzare team changes why were commons and ki playing yesterday?? instead of stokes and wanyama with samaras on the left ,brown seemingly wasnt fit ,was playing. loovens and wilson back in the team. i really cant understand ,why does always ask for consistency from the players then juggle the team about like *

18. sh4rk3y

The fact of the matter here folks, no one with any sense of football can disagree with this, is that whenever we have a big game, the players do not seem to step up and play the same football they have done in previous non-pressure games. Seem's to be showing a bit of a pattern.

19. pod

How many other teams actually do this then?

20. idlewildered

every game we played from October onwards was a massive game. We're not bottlers and it * me off no end that the support on here is adopting a phrase used by the press and the Orcs to try and embarass us.