1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

BotB V Poll

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Moustache, May 5, 2016.

Discuss BotB V Poll in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moustache

Hi everyone,

As some of you may have seen in the BotB V thread, there's an ongoing discussion regarding whether or not that edition should resurrected. This poll is basically to gauge everyone's opinion on the matter. I know this section doesn't get too much traffic outwith the BotB threads themselves, so if you could help spread the word about this thread, that would be a big help.

For clarification on what each choice actually entails, here's a quick summary for both

BotB V Redux:

• The competition will be starting again from scratch, so people who were previously voted out will be getting a second chance

• It would be open to new entrants. A few people jumped in with the latest edition and it's only fair that they get the chance to take part as well

• People who previously entered can either stick with their original choices, or change it to someone else(which might be worth considering for those who got the boot last time around :icon_mrgreen:)

• There will be a live round, but that will be the only one with a specific criteria (obviously Taz may change his mind on this, but that's how it currently stands)

BotB VII:

• We leave BotB V as it is, and after the current edition ends, we move on to BotB VII

• At the moment we don't know what the theme is, but we know that there is one

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
  2. Dallas Cowbhoys

I just want to use the same band again. If I'm allowed to do that for VII then that's fine.

3. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Naturally, I am abstaining as am fine to go either way with regards to this.

4. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Well, if we would start BotB V from scratch I already got my two new artists picked, so it would be no problem. :icon_mrgreen::50:

5. Keano88

So... Wits happening.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wait for Taz to do the reboot?

7. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I dont have a strong opinion either way, but id be happy to carry it on again to see how it pans out.
    Not sure how i felt about the double artist idea, but im curious about it all the same.

8. Keano88

I'll need to read the rules... A band and a solo artist aye?

9. Keano88

Seems complicated... Are we still going with that theme?

10. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It could be a band and a solo artist or a band and a band. There just has to be atleast one of the same member in each. Like you could have Nirvana and The Foo Fighters because Dave Grohl is in both of them.

11. Keano88

But Nirvana have been used previously...

Does that not matter?

12. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No idea I was just explaining the rules.

13. Moustache

A few people picked bands/people that had been in previous editions. I'm sure Taz can clarify, but I think the rule was that if you picked someone who had already been used, you couldn't use any of the songs previously used and they had to be your secondary.

So using the Nirvana & Foo Fighters (who I'm assuming haven't been used before) example...

Round 1 would probably be about your primary pick, which would have to be the Foo Fighters as Nirvana have been used before, and you could pick any song you like.

Round 2 would be your secondary band, which is Nirvana, but you could only use songs that hadn't been used in the previous edition they featured in (so you couldn't use Smells Like Teen Spirit for example).

14. Keano88

I want to change my vote.

15. Moustache

I might be worth asking Taz if he'd consider changing some of the rules about repeated artists. I understand if its back to back competitions, but to use the Nirvana example, we've been through two full editions since they were last in.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm getting a bit upset with all the internal politics.

It's like a divorce when you are a kid but there aint no * buying me a bmx.

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Nirvana are in BOTB5, think the rule is as long as the same songs aren't used from previous comps.

18. Keano88

I withdraw my vote.. So it's 8-8.

19. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This is clearly too divided for it to satisfy everyone.

Although on the surfacr this still has a few days to run before the pol is concluded I think it is pretty clear to see that this isnt going to work.

We may revisit the theme that was used in a future BotB, but for now, I wouls say we draw a line under it, rather than it being so clearly divisive as it has proven. For it to really work it would be only if a overwhelming majority were in favour of it, not a majority of just a couple of votes, but as it stands now at 9-8, its too divisive to go back on at this time.

Best to move onward rather than looking back. It doesn't mean the themwe cannot be revisited (with a revised format/eligibility etc) down the line, but in the interests of moving on, I believe it would be best for all concerned rather than dividing us that we mopve on with a new theme - one that everyone can potentially be interested in being part of rather than one that half the people saying thanks but not thanks.

Just my 2 pence worth, lol

20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm now fine with moving on but can you, Taz, put up the list of artists that we can't use for the next comp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.