1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

BotB II - This time it's Solo!!!

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Taz, Jul 29, 2015.

Discuss BotB II - This time it's Solo!!! in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    BotB II - Solo!!! S/Finals Posted Page 59

[​IMG]
    This Time It's Solo!!!

Welcome back for the Second Season of TC BotB!!!

Here's how it works:

:78:

Choose any standalone artist - not a band - and for the length of the competition your entries must come from this artist. To clarify, this includes featured performers by name.

For instance, if someone were to nominate John Lennon, then they must only nominate songs that were released under his name - nothing released under the name The Beatles. However if a featured performer has released material in combination with another artist/s this is acceptable, so long as they were featured BY NAME when the song/album etc was released. For example, if someone nominated Paul Simon, then they could use material released by Simon & Garfunkel, as he is featured by name.

Until the Quarter Final stage, each round of the competition will be themed, and the song you choose must work for that particular theme. Example themes in the last comp included the likes of; debut album tracks, live tracks, etc etc. These may or may not feature - I won't be telling you whats coming up - just ensure your chosen artist has a varied enough back-catalogue to cover most situations with a winner.

The one situation you must be covered for (and the theme of one round derp) is to have a quality song that either features your artist, or that they feature on. E.g. if your artist was Kanye West, then Kanye ft. Jamie Foxx, or Paul McCartney ft. Kanye would both be valid. This can include live performances.

You are expected to vote every round and heat. Whether you are still in or not [​IMG] Penalties will apply if you're still in, or if you are already out, you will be shamed with GIFs and callouts and scurrilous rumours about the size of your manhood/laxity of your vaginé.

Commitment-wise, at absolute worst you'll have to rank 6/7 songs in a three day window. So if you are on here bi-weekly you should be fine. I'm pretty flexible anyways and I'll be generous and fairly lax so long as I get notice of any issues anyone is having. But there will be a general deadline set for each round, and if need be and am told of any issues can add some time if needed.

Start date will be approx August 9th or so? The comp will last three or four weeks but that's really up to demand.

You can only use a song once in the comp. So save the hits if you think they'll serve you better later.

The layout of the comp depends totally on how many people enter. Expect it to feature leagues early, and knockout rounds as we progress.

In case of a tie, the band with a better vote history will prevail. In the case of a first round tie, the band with the most votes will win. This will remain the criteria until the QF stage onwards, where there will be extra time (so to speak), where the 2 contesting artists will provide another song, and the following night there will be a live 3hr voting period. Whatever votes are garnered in that short window will win and that artist will progress.

The comp is anonymous. So try not to ID your band until after it is eliminated. This season, if people are OK with it, I will reveal who each person's band was after/if they are eliminated.

To Enter! Send me a PM with the artist of your choosing. Those of you who already have, are all OK.

I may not reply to PMs since I don't really have much net access at the minute. If you want someone you expect to be in demand, maybe send me a preference list just in case someone else nabbed em.

I am a little bit drunk. I bet I forgot some *. Dw about it. :smiley-laughing002:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  2. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Great. :50: One question though. Let's say the theme for a round is a song from the debut album. Can it be a live version of that song or it has to be from the album itself?

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Might have to sit this one out off on holiday for two weeks soon and don't want to spoil comp by being late to post etc..

Enjoy tho.:50:

4. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Going forward, it depends on the criteria for the round in question. I will specify that from round to round as/if needed. If an album track is requested then it would need to be the recording from the album.

5. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Ariana Grande

I win

6. This Charming Man

[​IMG]

I'm In

7. BuckeyeBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hopper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    cheer up Walter Smith
    Juice Newton will run the table!!! You heard it here first!!

8. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Only thinkg I know about Ariana Grande is that her brother was on US Big Brother last season and wouldn't shut up about his sister being Ariana Grande - and still don't know the first thing about her, haha!

9. TimFloyd Gold Member

Taz just forget my pick for solo artist, I'm going back to the drawing board :56:

10. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Got a couple of new people signed up for this one, but the more the merrier, all.

Get in on this!

11. Keano88

Am I included?

12. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You are now, lol.

13. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

So do I win with Ariana Grande then?

14. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Send me a PM to be entered with a choice, but the whole point is anonymity, lol.

15. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

So what your saying is that people will now know i've picked Ari :54:

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  17. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Well, that was because you posted in here, doofus, lol. Send me a PM with another choice if you want someone different - or the same? who knows? :fear:

18. albashamrock

I wouldn't even know where to begin as I would struggle picking my favourite from some genres never mind my greatest of all time.

Good luck to all who enter. :50:

19. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Well, people are already puttiung in their nominees, so it's possible one or may be already taken? [​IMG]

20. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

He better not take mine