1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bojan

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by steg, Jan 6, 2017.

Discuss Bojan in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He's only 26. He's been around forever though I know what you mean about nostalgia. But you're making him sound like an old man, like a Keane or Ljungberg.

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Not in our range, no chance of this happening.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I was meaning more when his potential was there. As opposed to what he has become now.
    Though did actually think he was a bit older (29). At 26 and with Brendan here, actually may get something out of him. Im back in, at a fair price.
    Think he would be well suited across the entire front line. 2 up top, wide either side or just behind in the rogic role.

For the record, Ajax had him on loan from Barcelona, and as we have with denayer and Roberts, I would like to see us get in to the fringe players of these teams more.
    Samper, munir, sandro all at barcelona in recent years would have been ideal at times for a 2 year loan.

ChrisMoh, Liam Scales and MacEwan like this.
  4. Smithy

How Stoke can value him at £12M after buying him for £3M is beyond me. Other than the odd good game here and there he's hardly pulled up trees for them.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

English market has * everything.

The entire football World is distorted to the point millions of pounds buys you utter *. We've actually become desensitised to how much money 12 million really is. A * shitload.

Bumblebee likes this.
  6. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wouldn't pay more than 5 million for him not worth more than that

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Phil Mac alleging that we in informal negotiations with Stoke about bringing him in. According to him it will break our transfer record. Although he also states that Stoke value him more than we are offering.

Unsure how accurate he is on this, be some coup if we did get him tho wouldnt it?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Bumblebee likes this.
  8. z1c0

8 million is the max I'd be willing to pay. He'd easily become our best player.

9. Bumblebee

Some statement if the board are willing to break our transfer record, that is if what Phil Mac is saying is true though :giggle1:

10. doctor venglos

This is fantasy, pure fantasy. Forget this nonsense, it's not going to happen.
    It we are not going to pay 8 million for McCarthy, who is a far better player, then we are not going to pay it for Bojan either.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  11. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

That bit will be accurate.:34:

ticketyboo0 likes this.
  12. z1c0

You make no sense.

There is no correlation in the point you're trying to make.

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Would scare me spending the amount that would be needed to bring him here.

I don't know if that's a lack of ambition on my part or me being brainwashed by our recent transfer fees/policies.

He has the talent undoubtedly but his injuries scare me.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Let's do it. Rodgers isn't here to paddle about poundland looking for bargains. Show some ambition and destroy everyone.

15. JoeDan67

If we're going to pay more for Bojan than we paid for any other player then that would be about £7m +.
    Bojan went to Stoke for £1.5m and many believe he's not the player he was due to a knee injury.
    According to one website his current valluation is £8.5m
    He didn't get off the bench yesterday so I think if we had offered £7m or so, then Stoke would have accepted it.
    Why turn down over £5m profit for an injury prone player who isn't making the first team ?

16. Swervedancer Guest

There are a few players in the bottom half of the EPL who are on around £20k but I bet their transfer fees would be £10m+ even if we did want them which I doubt. I would say all of our players in the first team would receive right now more than £20k. Could see Izzy getting a game in the EPL.

Dunno why Gamboa wasn't fancied, I still have high hopes he'll be a productive player here.

17. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    "A wee update re Bojan after seeing Phil's blog.

Last week I said we'd spoken with him and apparently * him off as we wouldn't give guarantees was not wholly accurate. I assumed my mate had spoken directly with Bojan but that was not the case. Instead, he'd actually spoken with someone who is close to his agent. There was a bit of a misunderstanding or as my mate says, agent bollocks. So, I've spoken with my mate again and this time, he promises, comes directly from the man himself.

Bojan was apparently told that he would be a squad player (last week or so) but what was actually said was he'd be an important part of the squad. This, my mate says, is his agent trying to keep his buyer to English PL clubs only as he would receive a fair % of fees. Aparently Bojan is not too happy with his agent over this and, if there's time, may swap him out.
    Money is not the issue for Bojan considering his previous moves and pay check with Stoke and he always thought he'd move to a bigger EPL club and use Stoke as a stepping stone. A very well paid one at that. This obviously hasn't materialized and he is going nowhere fast under Hughes.

He wants to win things and get himself back on the radar at big clubs. He's still relatively young and, after a couple of years with us, could still get his big move then.

Now this is the tricky bit. Stoke obviously want as much as possible and this would mean selling to an EPL club, 12m+ but would accept £8m from a non English club unless a Chinese club comes calling. Would we pay £8m? Who knows but if we do and Bojan gets back to his potential then a future transfer of 15m+ would see all monies recouped with profit. This could go to the final day unless Bojan comes out and demands the move as he desperately wants out of Stoke. Who can blame him!

The move is on but there are still a lot of variables that are outside of Celtic's remit at the moment.

This bit is probably more suited for the Brendan thread but my mate has said that as soon as BR took us over a lot of heads were turned both on the park and off it. At first, it was surprise as per usual the snobified English market seen it as a downward move for BR but after the 2 Citeh CL games and the emergence of reclaimed form of Sinclair and the way Dembele is maturing the heads are turning for a completely different reason now. He says we will see an upturn in quality heading our way during BR's Celtic career. He says it must be a great time to be a Celtic fan and he expects things to get even better.

This is all I have at the moment but will update if anything else comes my way [​IMG]"

- BRFA on KDS

18. doctor venglos

And that is exactly why we shouldn't be touching Bolan with a ten foot barge pole.
    I think this Phil guy is whistling in the dark.

19. DembelesDa

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Id rather we spent 7-8 mill on a player like ante coric (sp?) than bojan. They are both equally talented although bojan has proved he is inconsistent and injury prone, whereas coric or someone of that ilk still have there whole careers in front of them.

20. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    I'd rather spend a record transfer fee on Paddy Roberts than Bojan. His spell in Holland with Ajax should be a warning for us not to go near him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.