1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bojan

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by steg, Jan 6, 2017.

Discuss Bojan in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Flatters to deceive for me. No doubt he is incredibly talented though.

2. DembelesDa

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You onnit?

3. donnegal celt

Is this going be another Allen rumour where we little no chance off getting him.
    Shopping in epl isn't best market to get a bargain.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's best pals with Marc Crosas.

Pretty much decided then.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This is a far more doable deal than Joe Allen. He'd cost a quarter of what Allen did.

6. Moussa10

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time: Larsson Current: Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Would love this to be true, excellent player who would flourish at our great club

7. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Not for me tbh, we should be going out trying to unearth another Dembele or the likes from South America or something for our attack.

Not someone who is consistently inconsistent and who blows hot and cold more than Katy Perry. Especially if he's going to become one of our highest earners which coming from that over hyped and over priced league he probably will.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  8. doctor venglos

He has fallen out of favour with Mark Hughes who is a good judge of a player, and Bojan is a luxury player who has struggled to regain his form after knee injuries. I would be wary of this.
    We don't want another Big Derk Boerrigter thread on our hands again, do we ?

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Debatable. He was Stoke's best player for about a year and a bit there. He got a bad injury and has struggled since the start of this season. Hughes has also said he wishes to keep him but Bojan would prefer guaranteed football.

Shaqiri has struggled there as well really, doesn't mean I still wouldn't bite yer hand off for him here.

Besides, the fact he has fallen out of favour doesn't mean he couldn't go and flourish somewhere else, especially under a manager such as Rodgers.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Could be why the nagbe deal was called of and we are just waiting for the vvd money and offloading players to free up wages just speculation of course

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    If it was us that pulled the plug on that deal than I believe it is because we learned that a better player was attainable. We will see a quality attacking mid added in Jan , would like it to be Bojan.

12. doctor venglos

Not denying that, but he is still a bit of a luxury player in my eyes, would need his ego stroked all the time when things go wrong. Yes maybe Brendan could work his magic wand on him, but it is a risk. I prefer the tried and tested types, who give consistently good performances and work rate like Hourihane, and who seem to be able to avoid the nagging injuries.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I want Hourihane as well but the two situations are not comparable.

Hourihane is an entirely different player, different position, different abilities etc etc.

If we are talking purely about a number 10 with the flexibility to play on the wing and through the middle, then Bojan would be the resounding answer, in terms of players who would take us up a level and seem to be just within reach if we push the boat out. Bojan's work rate isn't even that bad.

The point you make about him needing to have his ego stroked is a guess on your part I think. He has never struck me as a big time charlie or maverick type. I think the fact he has struggled to settle since leaving Barca is purely down to a combination of quite a few things. Bad luck, being played in the wrong position, not enough consistency in terms of starting and also injuries, most notably this cruciate one he recently picked up.

At 26 we'd be getting him in near enough his prime. If you put him in our side, with the manager's coaching and the fans backing, I think he'd flourish. He'd be one of the standout players here and I think that would really suit him. Similar to Sinclair as well in the fact that he has played his best football in an attack minded side which is normally always on the front foot, that would be the case up here. Everywhere he has been, barring maybe Stoke in his first season, he hasn't been the main man.

He'd be several steps ahead of anything else in Scotland while also having that bit of genius which he can transfer to Europe.

Swervedancer likes this.
  14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He's on 40K a week at Stoke, if he's wanting out plenty other clubs down South will be offering as much or more. I'd rather we stuck with Rogic in as no.10 and see how he steps up in Europe next season.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bojan would be perfect for us.

He'd be our best player under Rodgers. Wouldn't be surprised if we got him that we moved to a more 433 that Rodgers played at Liverpool with Sterling Sturridge and Suarez.

16. doctor venglos

You are making some assumptions there, you may be right and you may be wrong too.As you say he has had a terrible knee injury that has kept him out of action for eight months, he has never been able to recover his form since that cruciate injury, worse type of knee injury you can get.Mark Hughes has been very patient with him, but Bojan has not been able to recapture his old form.
    Some players never recover completely from cruciate injuries to be the player they once were.Would you be prepared to take that risk ?. We have a surplus of young midfielders like Christie, Henderson,McGregor and Allan who can all yet improve, and have not suffered terrible knee injuries, we have Eboue in now.
    I'm not sure we should stick our neck out in the hope Bojan can recover his past glories.

17. scottbrown8

Don't think there's a chance of him coming here would expect him to move back to la liga

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He hasn't recovered because he hasn't been played. Stoke's team has changed numerous times this season, hence why a 80 year old Peter Crouch has been back in from the cold lately.

I'd definitely be prepared to take the risk, aye. If it didn't work out he isn't a no mark name like Bangura or Boeriggter who we will struggle to shift. Some other good side would still take a punt on him, I'd be willing to bet on that without hesitation.

Christie, Henderson, McGregor are all squad players at best and the last two aren't even comparable to Bojan so dunno why you are bringing them up..

Allan is finished at Celtic Doc and the quicker you realise that the better. You probably already do realise it but are still pedalling the same theory just to wind folk up. It is clear as day he has no future here.

Why you are also mentioning Eboue, a deep lying, hard tackling defensive midfield player, when discussing a 5ft 6, creative flair player I don't know.

19. doctor venglos

Bojan's best days were before the knee injury. Mark Hughes has gave Bojan every chance to come back, but the magic just isn't there anymore it would seem, once a manager loses absolute faith in you, it has become a slippery slope. We may be witnessing the demise of Bojan, that no manager will be able to correct or recover, perhaps he would be better going back to La Liga after all, he is a high risk venture in my estimation.

As regards Allan, I still have faith in him, wouldn't dream of winding someone up on someone I still retain faith in. If 4-4-2 comes right out and indicates that Allan has no Celtic future, then maybe I will start believing it.

As regards the others, squad players can improve to be better players in the fullness of time under the right management and coaching, I am sure you know that. Eboue mentioned just in the context of current midfielder surplus.If Hourihane comes in, I think we will forget this Bojan rumour.

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    You aren't getting what I am saying though.

Bojan would be coming here as an option for CAM, either wing, or through the middle. Why would a box to box midfielder arriving impact his, or indeed any 'number 10's' potential arrival?

Also, in regards to Allan, doesn't the fact he was immediately punted out on loan to Rotherham, not played and then sent back after an injury tell you anything?

I refuse to take you seriously on this.:56:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.