1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bojan

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by steg, Jan 6, 2017.

Discuss Bojan in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4-4-2

Last I heard was 6 days ago Mr Diggler, at that point we HAD made a general enquiry on his availability as he is one that would interest BR (as mentioned to 2-3 in private chat here). We Also enquired about a wide midfield player and centre half so wasn't solely him we had set aim on as just enquiry to see if option.

However I was told selling club had asked for 3-4 times what the value we had in mind. You normally have a difference in value, as that's just common territory with selling v buying club but I was under the impression that the requested fee wasn't even going to further discussion at that point.

As I say, this was when I arrived back and honestly haven't heard anything since on this particular one and wouldn't lie to say I have, which is strange if it has moved forward in last couple of days so quickly to almost deal stage if this is what that site you guys refer to (KDS I believe?) as I was told of potential loans/permanent outs in last couple of days and this would have been mentioned if so close to agreed deal.

Hope I'm wrong though as he has talent which BR would certainly tap into (same as he has with Sinclair).

freederry20 and Swervedancer like this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye ok, Lee Wallace...

ArminCeltic and kinglenny like this.
  3. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    @4-4-2 you mentioned something about the media maybe dropping a name towards end of the weekend? Regarding transfer activity

4-4-2 likes this.
  4. Finn Balor

Talented player but looks a bit lazy from what I've seen of him, injury prone also i believe. Seems the type that would look down his nose to a move to Scotland.

In all seriousness why the * would Celtic fork out that sort of money for one player? It totally goes against the signing policy at the club. Thankfully the powers that be at Celtic would downright refuse to be caught up in the EPL inflated transfer fee nonsense.

No thanks.

5. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Initially I did think it would be a coup but upon reflection it doesn't make sense to spend that much on him. His performances don't warrant the asking price.

6. James Gold Member Gold Member

Never really got the hype around him always referred to him as the worlds oldest wonderkid

7. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    I'd rather see Roberts permanently. That Sinclair-Dembele-Roberts front 3 could be deadly and worth an absolute * tonne. Rogic as well. Come to think of it we have a lot of young talent here. KT, Dembele,Roberts, Rogic, Jozo all have massive potential.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

thailandceltic likes this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If we break our transfer fee record anytime soon I'd imagine it will be on someone out with the EPL.

Some up and coming player from elsewhere in Europe who may cost £6-8m but has been tearing up his respective league and could still make us a very healthy return. Someone like Hakim Ziyech who Ajax picked up there in the summer for under £10m I'm sure.

He's a good example. Guaranteed quality pretty much, without the over inflated, unjustified English price.

James likes this.
  9. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Bargains like Sinclair definitely don't come around often in the EPL, especially for an English player. Only reason we went for him was because Rodgers knew for sure how good he was. Our buisness will be mostly in the foreign market for now by the looks of it.

I think we'll break our transfer record when we sell dembele and go for a new striker. We'll need some proven talent to step in instead of ending up with another trail of £3-5m duds. A proper £8m+ star from a decent league like La Liga

Swervedancer likes this.
  10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I completely agree. If you offered me Roberts on a permanent deal or buying Bojan I would not even hesitate. Roberts every day of the week for me.

11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Roberts everyday of the week before Bojan.

Bojan; overinflated opinion of himself, overinflated wages, overinflated transfer fee, injury prone, bad attitude
    Roberts; keen to stay, keen to impress, keen to develop.

no competition imo.

ArminCeltic likes this.
  12. LV426 Guest

don't know about "keen to stay" most of the talk over the last month or so from paddy is how he will get into the man city team when he returns. kinda got the impression he was seeing out his time at celtic.

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  13. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Surely if we were actually going to offer 6-8 million for bojan we could get Roberts for around that much instead?

14. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    We will not be paying 10 million for anyone anytime soon . IF we were in for Bojan the deal would involve a swap. Tierney is one rumour i read on Twitter .

I seriously doubt any of it .

15. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I doubt we'd swap Tierney for anyone, especially bojan.

16. DutchHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Would like him here but we got Sinclair for £3.5 mil and I doubt Bojan is much better but will apparently cost about 3 times as much. Would rather have us looking elsewhere.

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Tierney plus cash for Bojan......

Have they met Peter Lawwell ?

King of Kings likes this.
  18. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    That's debatable...

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I'd rather keep Roberts as well, if it came down to one or the other.

20. lemon difficult

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    are people really taking something that phil mac has written seriously?

the guy is less of a celtic fan and more of a rangers critic. 90% of the content on his twitter just seems to be about rangers, i ended up having to unfollow him.

if rangers fans had a dictionary, their definition under the word "obsessed" would probably just say "phil mac"

not that they know what dictionary is

Larsson93 and Cupid Stunt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.