1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bitcoin

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by joemc, Oct 9, 2017.

Discuss Bitcoin in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

Download an app called crypto tracker ,should give you the info you need .

2. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    Cheers pal. Just going to pick 3 or 4 and put a few quid in for fun.

3. jamesfr

Hi
    Without checking I think.there are at least 1500 , you can check binance.com as they have a fairly extensive list .
    Some you may want to look at which are still cheap are
    BAT
    ADA
    LEND
    XVG
    TNT
    REQ
    Not recommendations but some cheap ones I like

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  4. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    Thanks mate. Opened an account with bitstamp il have a look around. When you see trading figures going be up and down on sites is that for the last 24 hours?

5. odonno

eyo where ma bitcoin biches at?

6. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

I bought 200 quid worth of DGB last Friday at .04200$ was sitting at 0.12$ last time I checked yesterday. Hope the upward curve continues

jamesfr likes this.
  7. Sween

What you say isnt wrong but it doesnt mean it isnt a bubble.

Some of the tulips bought during Tulipmania (probably the most cited example of a bubble in its purest sense) were extremely limited in quantity and rare to source. That is why their contract prices soared when people started to believe that price growth will continue. People werent buying tulips because of the intrinsic value of a tulip but because they believed value will continue to rise as it was the trend at the time. It was a spike in values based completely on speculation with little underlying value of the actual asset.

Bitcoin is this x100 given its global nature and its literal zero intrinsic value.

As I said earlier, by all means have a punt and there are always people that make plenty of money in bubbles. But the real money has already been made and the risks are off the chart high. And it is absolutely a bubble!

8. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Bitcoin? What year is this? We on Litecoin now baby!

9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    PayPal is the legit currency of the internet. Because it's traceable and guarantees the buyer a refund if they claim ripped off.

Bitcoin is a fascinating philosophy and I find it hard to believe one person pulled it off. The first 50 coins still haven't entered the blockchain which must be a rule.
    Maybe s/he mined a load apart from those and is now minted but when do you sell? When they reached £30 everyone did and it dropped back to £3.
    However I think it's use as a way of buying drugs without having to walk about in the pishing rain is what makes it valuable.
    Also, kidnappers or Ransomware criminals have complete freedom of identity and location of currency.
    I'm convinced these things were thought through before 2009. That is why it's so interesting, what was the vision, is it some kind of test of human nature?

10. joemc

People show faith in things that sustain ,they probably had the same fear when notes and coins were first introduced, and now there is faith in this because its shown it worked ,but banks and goverments get greedy and other ways are found to introduce methods that has the same effect without the costs,thats crypto currency .
    Only diffrence it has to money is that the queens head is on money and is bank and government backed ,it doest mean to say you will 100%get your value for it ,banks have collapsed and people have lost money through that also ,life is a gamble and you should only use wot you can afford to lose .

jamesfr and Lilac Wine like this.
  11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tulips and Bitcoin have absolutely nothing in common. The tulip bubble was all in the imagination, like the debt crisis of 2008, those loans were tulips whose dead leaves filled the empty swimming pools of dreamers.
    Only thing that will stop net neutrality is every country becoming like China with a superfirewall controlling all digital content.

12. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone holding bitcoin cash ? have read a couple of articles now saying it may be a better punt.

13. Sween

This is a pretty big difference! Bitcoin has as much intrinsic as Sween bucks as it is backed by nothing. Of course a nation state may default but until it does, its backing gives currency a real value (even in defaulting a currency will still have value).

Anyway, genuinely I wish you the best of luck.

:43:

14. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I don't really know what that means either :giggle1: To be fair though I don't really think that Bitcoin and Tulip Mania are all that comparable.

The Dot Com boom would be more appropriate comparison if one is to be made.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye I think that is a better comparison than whatever I was thinking.
    Sween, don't be cheeky :93:

Sween likes this.
  16. jamesfr

Without talking about individual coins,What it comes down to is, do you believe in the technology behind crypto currencies?
    I,100% do it's the next logical step,I'm old enough to remember when the Internet,computers and mobile phones were not used by the masses.
    If you wanted to call someone,you would use a landline,if you were driving you would stop at the next phone box,remember them? If you wanted to contact someone in writing you would send a letter, 2 days to get there,2days for them to reply and 2 days for the mail to get back to you if you were lucky.
    Everything today is almost Instant,a mobile phone call,an email,if you want to find something out you jump on the net ,What did we do before ?
    Bank transfers,international transfers are still lagging way behind and this technology will be implemented in some form or another,visa cards are not secure,taking money abroad paying exchange rates it's all very slow time consuming and costly.
    Digital currencies are instant, safe( well as safe as the user).
    They will save the banks,businesses and individuals millions in transaction fees and time.
    It just makes sense

17. EndThePLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry & Sean South
    This thread has given me a good chuckle and is predictable.

I've noticed people who keep stating Bitcoin is a 'bubble' have this propensity to incompetently compare it to Banking crashes and it isn't a coincidence either since the Banks have no control over it. That doesn't insinuate that it ISN'T a bubble but it just shows, certainly to me, how orchestrated the public is into questioning the mechanics behind Bitcoin, yet, blindly, by majority, through ignorance, hardly any one will question the Banks mechanics which inherently robs the planet through debt. That makes me confident on going bullish/long due to this psychology I just pointed out with the 'questioning' and how 'unconventional' it is.

Anyway, I bought more Bitcoin the other day and fully expect it to make new highs - record highs because its either revolutionary (which I really hope it is) or is one of the biggest bubbles in history.

Will see.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    jamesfr likes this.
  18. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Called it.

A much needed correction across the board imo. I sold another £3k worth yesterday so I'm fairly happy.

19. Sween

To be fair, I compared it to the cost of flowers in the 17th century. Has anyone compared the bit coin bubble to bank crashes? You are right that doesnt make sense as they are two different things but I dont see anyone confusing the two.

20. Sween

That isn't a correction. The fall in price was across cryptocurrencies today because the chinese and koreans are increasing oversight. The prices are moving because of a changing regulatory environment not because of any corrections.