1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bitcoin

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by joemc, Oct 9, 2017.

Discuss Bitcoin in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jamesfr

Depends on the crypto as exchanges offer certain crypto , the biggest at the moment and supposedly most secure is coinbase but that only does Bitcoin Litecoin and Ether for.the moment. I read reports they will be adding more next year which in itself will boost the price of the crypto added.
    Someone suggested they were adding XRP as a search in a certain page on the website returns results for XRP but not for other crypto such as dash.
    Some others are Binance and Bitstamp

paulo123 likes this.
  2. jamesfr

Good strategy most of the smaller cap "coins require Bitcoin to purchase anyway as you know.
    If I'm buying the smaller ones I usually buy BTC on coinbase first using fiat (bank transfer or credit card) and do a BTC transfer to the other exchanges offering the coin I want to buy.
    I think your approach is the way to go in the hope.of catching 1 or 2 big movers

3. jamesfr

Been rumoured for a while,not sure if there is any truth in it or if it's just a bump

4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
  5. jamesfr

packybhoy likes this.
  6. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wouldn't be so sure tbh, the price of bitcoin has gone parabolic. The bubble will pop before too long imo

7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Surely with the value of bitcoin currently, it sort of deems it unusable or unattainable for the ordinary punter who weren't there from the start.

8. jamesfr

Well,that is the doubt I had when getting into bitcoin when it was around $5000 in October now around $19000,who knows where it will go from here,I have heard quotes of zero to $400,000 ,nobody really knows or can predict that,it's a high risk-high reward.
    But I am likening it to the internet just starting,or maybe i'm hoping that's what it is,I'm always optimistic.
    I will predict between $20,000 and $25,000 around or the week after Xmas and $50,000 by the end of next year

packybhoy likes this.
  9. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Its ripple im looking to get into,am i right in saying you can only buy it with bitcoin?

10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    CRWC crypto co has been suspended from trading by SEC. Due to manipulation of the market and false valuation on the back of bitcoin. Just saw it on CNBC. Think a lot of these companies will be investigated for the same reason now.

11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone dabbled in some Iota?

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

You can buy XRP with USD/EUR etc through a 3rd party. This page shows all the different ones and how to buy from each one.

https://ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/

13. jamesfr

As far as I know there is no direct purchase option via bank transfer or visa except maybe challengly but I didn't fancy it.
    I purchase BTC on Coinbase transferred to Bitstamp then offline to a Nano
    Pretty straightforward

14. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Appreciate the info bhoys :50: cheers.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I might just buy £100 of this bitcoin. If it crashes who cares. If it grows to £400k a coin then id have made a decent amount. If it stays the same, it can be a secret saving account she need not know about :56: wheres the best place to buy? Preferably via paypal so she just sees paypal on the account :56:

16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Think I'll invest in ripple and bitcoin when I get paid, going to do more research after the new year.

17. jamesfr

Coinbase as it's supposedly insured
    You won't be able to use PayPal anywhere I don't think.
    I

18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    It could still be profitable, you dont need to own a full coin, however the risk is great (massive) and some on here and in real life seem to not realise this. What is fueling the rises are those who are piling in because they are scared they are missing out, so its now in a bubble scenario. IF anyone decides to buy these things (note i dont say invest as its not an investment more a punt) they should be prepared to lose the lot. So they shouldn't buy more than they are happy to lose. While I am cynical of them I will admit to owning some, however I only bought a grands worth when the price was much lower, and I mean much lower.

One thing that may help them is when they become more regulated. Although the fact the "man" may regulate them might see them become unpopular :giggle1:

https://www.investmentweek.co.uk/in...d-be-ready-to-lose-all-their-money-in-bitcoin

packybhoy likes this.
  19. jamesfr

Just a heads up Coinbase,the largest exchange in the US will adding more coins to the exchange reported to be in January,the already surprised the market by adding Bitcoin cash which jumped +70%when it was announced.
    Of course they won't tell you what ones they are adding ahead of the announcement by from what I am reading some contenders are
    XRP - Pretty nailed on (up 40% today,I wonder if that's more coinbase leaks)
    Dash-likely
    Iota-very possible
    QTUM-MAYBE
    *-Quite likely
    NEO-Vry likely

Do your own research but just a heads up ,when they list them price will jump overnight

When the following is implemented we should see a nice rise in the Bitcoin price
    http://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-lightning-network-is-coming-test-a-transaction-now/

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

The price of bitcoin tumbled nearly 20 per cent on Friday following a week of warnings from global regulators and high-profile security problems at two cryptocurrency exchanges.

Bitcoin dropped as low as $12,560 on Friday morning in the UK, after opening at $15,600, according to Reuters, putting it on the cusp of bear market territory.

The crash caps off a volatile week after the cryptocurrency peaked at an all-time high on Sunday at $19,666, having started the year at $1,000, prompting analysts to question whether it has formed a bubble.