1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Belfast Celtic FC

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mullery, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Belfast Celtic FC in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Donegal Celtic were set up in tribute to the club but there was little justice

2. cfcliamk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Most followed us, they would have supported us as well anyway or looked out for our results and followed how we were doing. Some followed cliftonville and a few followed the club that took their place in the league which was either glentoran or crusaders. I can't remember which.

Linfield are, *.

3. cfcliamk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    seen that about donegal celtic. bit strange they wernt set up until 1970 though. By which time most people followed us so it wasnt going to take off really. a few supported cliftonville and donegal celtic have never done very well so its not worked out really.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No justice, a club, a community club, wiped off the face of the earth for what they stood for and no doubt because of how successful they were. Scandalous..

No doubt they would have supported both but back then you'd only be able to keep up to date in the papers or if you worked to and from Ireland to Scotland..

5. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdH5y28Gojs[/ame]

6. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Gave us some great players like Charlie Tully and were in their prime one of the best teams in the UK

7. cfcliamk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Had they of not folded, i wonder if I would have supported them.

My grandad is Irish and supported Celtic and passed it on to dad, who was born in england, who passed it on to me - i am also born in england. If Belfast Celtic would have existed still then i wonder if it would have been them that grandad passed down to dad then me.

Though i suppose i probably still would have supported glasgow celtic because there's more of a connection with it being a team followed by a diaspora outside of Ireland itself, the fact that glasgow celtic were much bigger and irish football is poor.

8. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    My grandad was a big Belfast Celtic supporter in his youth

9. fraoch Gorm

Belfast Celtic were founded on the model of Glasgow Celtic. James Keenan was the first chairman and he believed that the purpose of the club was to "Imitate their Scottish counterparts in style, play and charity". A few of their players went to Glasgow after the club were forced to leave the Irish league (Tully among them?). There is a small museum in the Park Centre - the site of Celtic Park run by the BC Society - Charlie Tully's son has a lot to do with the running of it & it is well worth a visit.

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Read on $ky News app there may be a return of Belfast Celtic. Rather than the MSM story, anyone on here know much about this?

11. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    I think last year a company based in scotland where looking at trying to revive the club but that went quiet, this is not connected, leisure swifts are trying to change their name to push foward, going about it in the wrong way tbh there is already a belfast celtic young men, and a donegal celtic in the area all 3 should put there resources together, if BC hadn't folded all those years ago i doubt linfield would have won so many titles. Sean graham the bookies owns the rights to the name and also sponsors cliftonville

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Marty McFly likes this.