1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Barcelona vs Celtic, Wednesday 11th of December, 19:45 KO, SkySports 4

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mystic Penguin, Dec 7, 2013.

Discuss Barcelona vs Celtic, Wednesday 11th of December, 19:45 KO, SkySports 4 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scootz

It was AC by name... but it certainly wasn't the AC we're accustomed to! They were awful... absolutely rotten! This was not a game to set a benchmark for ourselves! Even so, worth noting that even these AC imposters bolloxed a couple of chances where it should have been easier for them to score, so the scoreline could have been worse.

The first Barca game? I think folk have short memories as we were truly rank in that match! I honestly thought we played better in the second match (and I've just looked at the stats and they state we had better possession, more shots, and more shots on target in the second game). The main difference was that in the second match Barca converted most of there chances! * happens! I'm not going to lose any sleep about it.

I wish folk would stop with the crazy expectations. Celtic are like a whale in a tiny muddy puddle... we can't be expected to play pub team opposition week-in-week-out and then turn it on against the best! It's nuts!

2. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Have to agree with the comments about the players chucking it at 2-0.

I've defended every single one of them so far in this campaign because they've worked their arses off, threw their bodies on the line and in the end just weren't good enough. That's not their fault.

Last night was different though. Some of them just didn't want to be there.

3. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I don't think we have any intention of defending ourselves.

4. Jinky1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anything by the Wolfetones
    Agreed. Barca have skelped better teams than us by those kind of scores. Just wasn't meant to be our night.

5. murphy88

I've had this debate a few times, and although we were poor when we had the ball at home to Barca, we also restricted them to very little in the way of a goal threat. Forster barely had a save to make when it was 11 v 11. The game was on track for a 0-0 until Brown's stupidity. And even then, we had the best chance of the game with Mulgrew's header. And just prior to that, Valdes had made the best save of the game from Forrest. We were given more of a going over in the game when we won last year.

6. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Well, I know I'm not completely convinced...It'll take more than one terrific performance to believe the team is back on track

Villarreal will be a great test, a team that plays very fast without any intimidation...although they are without Bruno & Cani

But I don't agree that it can be overlooked entirely either, regardless of how Celtic were deemed to play or what was at stake...Barcelona played in a style more familiar to those of us who prefer the play of the past 5 seasons

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Your right you can't overlook it completely as it was a classy performance. If we were still in with a shout of qualification it would have been a lot more like the last visit to the Nou Camp we had I reckon.

Good Luck in Last 16:50:

8. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Difference is that Mandela is not deemed to be a terrorist anymore, sands still is.

9. Glasgow_Bhoy88

A mate of mine showed me a UEFA rule posted on twitter along the lines of - political expressions are not explicitly banned by UEFA - but they have to be authorized by the club first.

Celtic have came out and said the GB were not allowed any political banners & I can see a huns (or SNP *) reporting us to UEFA en masse to get us into to trouble. I will try to find this tweet.

10. murphy88

Did he aye?

I don't think this mate exists.

I will need some proof.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I definitely don't think this mate exists :56:

12. murphy88

Neither do I. Fabricated story from a made up mate I think.