1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bairds Bar Closed?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by TrueTim67, Feb 8, 2013.

Discuss Bairds Bar Closed? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Fair doos mate nobody is forcing anyone to go into the place to socialize.

Many many people enjoy the place and find it absolutely fine. Advocating that the whole area should be closed down and taking away people's livelyhoods is wrong imo.

2. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

he did say shutdown and revamped tbf

3. Mr. Slippyfist

if ive picked hin up wrong then i apologise.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I liked Bairds, but I can't deny that the place needs a bit of a face lift.

5. Markybhoy

It's weird hearing all these horror stories about Bairds. I've never had any bother, or seen any bother, when I've been in there.

6. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    Place was a shambles. Majority of the punters were just looking for a scrap anytime i had ever been in. To date the worst pint ive ever tasted also. :56:

A Friday night in bairds was always a wierd experience man. :56:

7. Breenzo

My last experience of Bairds:

Was in with my pal Kev celebrating after we beat Rangers in the CIS final. We had gone straight out from work on the Sunday to watch the game so were in suits. As you can imagine we stuck out like sore thumbs in Bairds. Anyway, this blazin 40-something woman stoats up to us and starts trying to go with wee Kev and tries to get us to go to a party at hers. He's like bolt, but her son (about 18) staggers over and starts talking to me saying "I don't mind you boys coming back for a party but gonnae no let your mate * my maw"......anyway I turn round and Kev is nippin this horror (as he is a wee rodent of a bhoy). At this point, the lad smashes his pint glass down on the bar and starts waving the shards at me. An extremely quick exit followed.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Same, ive never seen any trouble in it either, once even seen a hun in watching their game crowded with tims and he got no bother. Think trouble is more a friday or saturday night thing but theres trouble everywhere and aye probably more there since its a bit rougher. The Corinthian is seen as a classy place yet * are taking coke left right n centre and theres been a few stabbings n slashings in there.

9. Breenzo

* hate that place!

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Ive only been in it once ages ago, I dont go to it, my pal works in it though. Says Footballers and that have stopped going because theres too many "gangsters" causing them trouble. Couple of month ago he seen a guy getting slashed and said it ripped his whole cheek open right into his mouth with blood pishing everywhere.

11. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bairds is usually * dead in the week apart from a few long distance fans who want to sample the place.

I have no problem with it and its a classic football pub, all it needs is a revamp nothing else.

If I have been there in the week it does seem to attract trash popping in and out trying to tap money for the offy, can be a bit wearing after a while!

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Yes that particular fella was slashed by some strange * who was in to cause trouble.

What you usually find with the gallowgate area is that when it is regulars 95% of the time there is no trouble whatsoever - most problems come at weekends and especially big celtic games when strangers come from all areas and act like total drunken *.

I've did the doors down there on big European games - the biggest arseholes ive encountered are folk from outside of glasgow and from people from the south of ireland - and arseholes from donegal.

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    My first time in Bairds my Glasgow mates refused to meet us there, The barman skulled me with an ice cube for standing on a seat and three lads tried ta recruit me and my two mates for the RA and a lad standing beside me had the biggest knives I have seen in his combat trouser pocket. Great spot, Ill miss it, ha

14. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    Tend to go to the london road tavern before games

15. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    heres a question. if bairds is meant to be a massive celtic pub in terms of atmosphere but most people are condemning it as a * hole wich i agree with. what in your opinion is the best celtic pub for atmosphere ,interior i.e not a shithole, and safety . in glasgow and the west ???

16. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dumbarton Harp is a good club....other than that....the only other Celtic pub I've been in is Bar67 and I liked it,had a great day/night there.

17. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Good question Kevin

18. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Always been more of a Saree Head man myself as a starting point. Although one thing I would say is I have only really been in before games so couldn't tell you what it is like during the week. I tend to have a bit of a pub crawl before the games but pretty much always end up in Hagies as there is almost always a band on. Last game I popped into Tir Na Nog and there was a good singer on in there as well. I think all of the pubs this season have had less atmosphere simply because there is less people going. + The police popping in every 5 minutes to check what is being sung or is on the jukebox is a bit of a pain.

19. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    On a similar note before an Oldco game a few seasons back I was in a sit down chippie just along from Bairds, unknown to the rest of us sitting in there 2 English guys with all the gear on just * off without paying for their meals, the woman who runs the place said first time thats happened in a few years.

20 minutes later I saw said pair standing outside Bairds beers in hand!

20. fms06

surprised your not being challenged on that one :icon_mrgreen: