1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Astana v Celtic Tue 22nd Aug 4.30 - WE'RE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Aug 18, 2017.

Discuss Astana v Celtic Tue 22nd Aug 4.30 - WE'RE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Idealy were gonna win a trophy so wont need to qaulify

TIM O'Brien and NomDePlum like this.
  2. Highland_Bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever Henrik Larsson, now Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Some of that defending was woeful. Can't defend like that when we inevitably get Barcelona and Benfica as usual.

Artorias likes this.
  3. scootz

The defending was *, but we're having a wee bit of a defensive crisis right now, so I'm not going to get too hung up on it.

Other than that, I thought we played well. Bossed the possession and generally looked comfortable... oh, and we scored 3 goals to end the tie on 8-4 on aggregate.

Job well done I'd say!

4. Markybhoy

He hasn't done really well at centre back. Kris Doolan should have scored against us at Firhill because Bitton totally lost him in the box and Thistle should have had a penalty in the same game due to Bitton's slackness and lack of awareness in defence. Yesterday he was atrocious, especially at their fourth goal.

He had that one decent showing at home to Astana, when Astana barely put him under any pressure throughout the whole game. Which is what enabled him to look decent.

Playing him at the back is like holding a grenade in your hand, pulling the pin, and thinking it won't blow up in your face.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I would rather hold a live grenade than watch him trying to play CB ever again.

Artorias likes this.
  6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well that first 30 minutes of the second half made for a lot more nerves then I was looking for but we came through it and 8-4 on the agg is a pretty convincing scoreline overall really and a lot more convincing then this time last season in the playoff round.

7. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

This

9. DonnyCelt

agree with what your saying to some degree, but the lad has done his team a favour. Yes bitton is not the best CB but he has been far better in defending situations in 3 or 4 very important games at this early stage in the season than some people are making out. He may have made an error that could have been costly against thistle but at the end of the day it did cost us