1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[XBox] Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Sean Daleer, Aug 11, 2014.

Discuss Assassin's Creed Series in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Darnok

So how was Origins the origin if this is going to be set 400-odd years before?

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Huge fan of the series, but the trailer for Odyssey did nothing for me at all.

What's happened to the hidden blade, stealth, climbing etc? I mean I'm sure it'll all be in the game but the trailer just looked nothing like Assassin's Creed. Seems like Ubisoft are just using the brand to sell copies of games that aren't really much to do with assassins.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Looked and sounded like a 300 game.

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah they need to catch a grip, next it'll be prehistoric ffs.

It's my fav game series but tbh after the whole Desmond episode it's all went to pot and I honestly think they don't have a clue where the story is going now and as for the animus character you play there is no connection at all.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Working my way through AC2 again. Even after multiple plays there are still different ways to approach the game.

It might just be the best game of all time. A lot of love went into this.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I've just started this game but looks fkn massive.

Think I'll stick to main missions and the odd side quest, might avoid most of the message boards.

7. Darnok

Unless they fixed it, you have to do side quests as the exp from the main missions isn't enough to move on to the next area. This is because they sell an exp booster on the store. I found the whole game too big and tedious, though I played it at launch so they may have patched it.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Crikey.

Yeah I hope this ain't same missions all the time just t progress.

I got the season pass edition as I've got them every time for AC, only game I do it for. So know there's more missions again, but just a tad worried with all those message board missions, I quite like some that might have a story to it but this kill this person or that and that's it could be a pain in the *.

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I see they've added a create a story mode too. Loads of missions dotting up.

There seems to be an insane amount of missions to do. With fate of Atlantic on the go too and the Greek stories loads to do.

Had started the Minotaur mission, but he's kicking my * so I'm just going to level up and get better gear and progress with the story and think about this later.

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Still early doors with this.

Mind you I'm having to be super careful with some storylines as big Alexios ain't just popular with the woman in the game.

11. Bunk Moreland

The worst thing that happened to AC was after Syndicate (the best in the series by far in my opinion) they took a break and tried to change AC into something that's just not AC and now it's morphed into two games that are different and have little to do with AC lore. It's like Black Flag which was a great game but should have been a stand alone title which would have definitely spawned its own franchise but they tacked on the AC name to sell it when it didn't need it. We've seen this * before with Cod where it was changed so much into futuristic crap that people didn't see it as CoD anymore.

Maestro 08 and dbhoy72 like this.
  12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah true, the Assassins Templar thing has totally died on its *.

All they're doing is dropping an animus in here and there and the * apple of Eden here and there for reference to the original.

13. Maestro 08

This was by far my favourite game. Last few have ruined it for me. Gameplay & graphics are totally different from what made it such a great game for me. The fight dynamics especially I just can't take to. Went from slick and stealthy to all out street fighter type arcade pish.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

AC2 was the peak of the series, as a combination of how incredible the game was and the whole assassin v templar stuff. Black Flag was my favourite of the series, however it was more of a pirate game than an AC game.

Still not played Odyssey, but I really enjoyed Origins. Think they were in need of freshening up, gameplay wise, but I do miss how much the focus was on the assassins and the templars.

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Enjoyed the story, did the main and also the Blade dlc which was really good.

I'm not really digging this Fate of Atlantis stuff though. It's all a bit futuristic kinda.

16. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Loving odyssey, dunno how far through the game I am though tbh, I’m on level 41 if that means anything :giggle1:

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Finally done with it, believe they may add a few more Dlc missions but not sure if I'll keep it till then.

Enjoyed it, liked the DLCs, Atlantis was OK in the end too.

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I believe the company is making a stand alone pirate game now game play looks similar to black flag

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

19. Bunk Moreland

It's a naval battleonly game that's been in development since * knows how many years ago and had been put off numerous times. Id be surprised if it realesed this gen.

20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Huge Pirate fan here and loved ACBF, but Im not digging a naval only Pirate game.

I loved BF and although it was more comedic I liked the Monkey Island games and an old game, think it was called Pirates by Sid Meier, that was brilliant.

Obviously this new Vikings AC is just to.give us more gods, * of War type I guess.