1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Artur Boruc

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by slowburner, Sep 22, 2012.

Discuss Artur Boruc in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Ah! memories. A noise to make you tremble.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ARTUR BORUC has revealed he’s planning to visit Ibrox to see Legia Warsaw’s Europa League return with Rangers.

The former Celtic keeper is a cult hero among the Polish club’s support after spending six years there as a player.

Boruc, now at Bournemouth, sent a video message to Legia punters — via the club’s official Twitter channel.

He said: “I would like to invite you for the away game against Glasgow Rangers.

“Hopefully I will be there with you. Keep your fingers crossed. All of Legia…always together.”

Gers host the Poles next Thursday in the return leg after this week’s opener in the Polish capital.

4. Paradise88

http://legia.com/aktualnosci/artur-boruc-szykuje-sie-wielki-mecz-62247

News
    8/21/201914:00:00
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ARTUR BORUC: A BIG MATCH IS COMING!
    Author: Kamil Majewski Fig. Mateusz Kostrzewa, Janusz Partyka, Legia Archives, celticfc.net, rangers.co.uk, thescottishsun.co.uk
    Already on Thursday, the legionaries will compete with the team of Rangers FC. On this occasion, there could be a conversation with Artur Boruc, who told us about the light, but also the darker side of the rivalry with '' The Gers '' from the time of his performances in Celtic colors, life in Glasgow, as well as the excessive interest of the Scottish media.
    Legia.com: - Heart beat faster when it became certain that Legia will face Rangers FC?

Artur Boruc: I don't know if I can. I didn't measure my pulse then (laughs). Indeed, this is a very interesting draw. It seems to me that, above all in terms of supporters, it will be a very nice competition and a very nice trip. In Warsaw and Glasgow promise to be great matches.

- In Glasgow, or rather in its half, you are loved. It didn't take you long to make Celtic fans fall in love with you.

- I hope and I delude myself that this was due to my good game. The rest only added color. I think that's why.

- "Holy goalie" - such a nickname can fill you with pride.

- I think so, although I wasn't so "holy" at the time. To be honest, I do not know the reasons for this, so as I said before, I delude myself because of my good game and because I paid a little more attention to myself. Perhaps that's why my fate went as it happened.

[​IMG]

- Anyway, it's probably mutual love. - Before I signed the contract here, I thought Legia was the only club in the world for me. Coming to Celtic changed everything - you said.

- Exactly. Legia is the only club in Poland. It is thanks to him that my name has become louder, and besides, I'm her fan. When traveling abroad, however, I felt that there are other clubs for which you can keep your fingers crossed. Celtic is such a club. The door to the world has opened wider - UEFA Champions League, Polish national team. In football terms, my life has become easier.

- On one side you are loved, and on the other, the blue one, you hated. What emotions did "Old Firm Derby" evoke in you? Everyone who is interested in football at least a little bit knows that it is more than just a football match.

- Indeed, it's definitely something more. When you get out onto the pitch, you feel that the opponents supporters hate you, but the match day itself was relatively calm. It is known that there was a bit more adrenaline due to the fact that there are a lot of fans in Glasgow. You could see the middle finger pointing towards me or hear some vulgar cries. It made you want to live, that life became more colorful.

[​IMG]

- During the game in Celtic you became, one could say, one of the symbols of competition between "The Boys" and their eternal rival.

- Is it a sign of the cross? I've always done it before every match and I still do it. It wasn't like I came up with it specifically for the Rangers match. However, I knew that the fans of this team are very annoyed.

- Is it true that after one of the matches a British minister got involved in the case and you yourself received a warning from the prosecutor's office?

- Absolutely not. As far as I know, there was no warning from the prosecutor's office. Yes, proceedings against me have been initiated, even a parliamentary meeting on this matter has been held. I didn't have any major troubles because of my behavior.

- In addition to all these events, there was also a tattoo around the navel. How did you come to that?

- It's from alcohol (laughs). It happened that one of my colleagues opened a tattoo studio at that time. I used to go there often. I drank one beer too much and ended up as it ended. After all, it's a nice adventure, at least I have something to mention. I don't regret anything.

[​IMG]

- You were then defended by a club or even representatives of church institutions, but Gordon Strachan defended you the most. You could get the impression that the Celtic coach at that time was like a father to you and treated you like a son.

- It was the relationship of the coach with the player who also helped him. Anyway, we helped each other, be it in the UEFA Champions League or winning the Scottish championship. It worked both ways. Maybe it was not as close as a father and son, but certainly cordial and friendly.

- Strachan defended you not only about complaints from the Rangers against you, but also on non-bench issues. He is famous for his opinion that he would also like to go to the cinema with his wife and kiss, but he is too ugly. They came after a journalist asked that during the day off, you and your current wife went to the cinema and kissed you. You didn't have easy media life in Glasgow.

- Indeed, it was not an easy period. The scandal was chasing the scandal, journalists were constantly trying to prove something to me and take pictures of me. Every time they tried to find something interesting, but most of these things did not deserve much attention. Contrary to appearances, Scotland is alive, the media are targeted by players and all interested parties, and maybe that's why it was so warm. Now, when people slowly forget about me, they start to miss it (laughs).

[​IMG]

- Is this reluctance between Celtic and Rangers really there in Glasgow so bad?

- To be honest, such great tension is felt only two or three days before the match. It is known, however, that every day you have to live side by side and it does not cause major problems. I have the impression that the times when it was really dangerous are over, but for sure the fans sometimes bite each other.

- You also felt that you don't like fans and players of this team. "Do you give a hand to someone you don't like?" There is no such obligation. I must nothing. I do not like them. I will not spend Christmas with them.

- Nothing more, nothing less (laughs).

- In fact, when I go to the cinema, I have to be careful not to get popcorn - you said in turn with "Poland.The Times. "

- I mentioned it before. In fact, I felt aversion towards my person.

[​IMG]

- There were whistles and offensive slogans in your direction, but there was also an attack on your property just after the Celtic League Cup final won.

- Then I changed my attitude a bit. Earlier I was a playboy type and I didn't pay much attention to the fact that something was happening around me. It wasn't until the stones went into motion that I realized that it was too much. I will say it differently - maybe I did not change my attitude after this event, but I certainly did not contribute.

- Apparently, from that moment you didn't walk around the city as freely as before. Especially after dark in Glasgow supposedly can be dangerous?

- In some parts of the city for sure. I suspect, however, that this is everywhere, all over the world.

[​IMG]

- In a conversation with Legia.net in 2016, you said that you remember your stay in this city well, although there were a few less pleasant situations.What exactly did you mean?

- You know what? I would end this topic with this. I only remember these nice situations and I would not like to come back to the unpleasant ones.

- Playing in Celtic colors you faced Nacho Novo.This striker was a star in the Rangers team, but later in Legia he did not manage. What do you think it could be from?

- To be honest - I don't know. Maybe he learned that Boruc played in Legia (laughs). Quite seriously - Legia is a specific club in which not everyone is doing well. Maybe it also affected him. I don't know the exact reason, sometimes it just happens.

[​IMG]

- If you were to name the biggest rivals in your career, where would the Rangers be?

- I have no idea, I do not keep such tables (laughs). I do not plan to do something like this in the near future.

- Time spent in Celtic is - in terms of sports - the best period in your career?

- In terms of sport for sure, both in the club and in the national team. Apart from a few slip-ups, smaller or larger, yes. In other clubs I think that I did well, but it was in Celtic that I played in the UEFA Champions League and it was in this club that my adventure with the team started for good.

5. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    My fav goalie even ahead of Buffon

bagforlife and Sydneysider like this.
  6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Need a Si Ferry interview with him

Smithy likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  11. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Last time I was there he ran to the tunnel with a champions flag at the end. Chances??

Sydneysider and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. celtic warrior

Bring him home

Overkill187 likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Big * right in the pyro mix
    [​IMG]

Sydneysider likes this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Should’ve just blessed himself for 90 mins and they would’ve ended up singing the billy boys.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Lol, header.

17. Aidan O’Shea

He is such a hero.

18. TheHappyLoss

Legend

bagforlife likes this.