1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you satisfied with this transfer window?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Partickbhoy, Aug 31, 2014.

Discuss Are you satisfied with this transfer window? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Excellentay..

2. DannyBhoy_1990

Aye exactly and he looked like our biggest danger man and best chance for a goal :56: This is the point we desperately need a quality striker in bare minimum. Regardless of your opinions on the managers ability we need a number 9 in that team, not just for Ronny's sake but more importantly for Celtic's.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I'll hold you to this. Guarantee you are wrong about both claims regarding VVD and a new signing.

You rarely hear of deadline day deals before they happen. The Keane, Kamara and Braafheid signings a couple years back being the prime example.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Putting Van Dijk up front was a good move, Lennon used to do it too. It almsot paid off aswell.

5. Daddybear29

do you all think lawwell will say ah * it

£5m dundee utd give us armstrong, mackay-steven and ciftci?

nah me neither

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I fail to see your point here.

You're telling me you've never seen a team put a centre half upfront at the end of a game when they need a goal? Obviously not watched much football.

7. BigSeanThornton

Yes Lets forget that he left out Commons. he put bombscare at right back. he watched Berget & Johanssen contribute sweet nothing. and the best yet he played ONE up front at Parkhead in europe knowing how rubbish our defence was. Aye it nearly paid off...your making his sound if it was some sort of tactical genius. * do some of you lot actually LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE ?????? :rolleyes:

8. Binnie_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    BOUGHT - Nobody. No one. Zero. Zilch.

FREE - Gordon

LOAN DEALS - Wakaso, Tonev, Berget, Denayer

SOLD - Forster, Watt

:55:

At least from now on, no transfer window can be worse than this one.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Hindsight is great eh. :bbpd:

10. DannyBhoy_1990

Yeah we all agree we are pish.... Thats why this thread is about our lack of activity in the transfer market and our desperate need to bring in some quality to the football club.

11. Damnati

Me. I'm just pressing on the fact that all of this damage was done last year. Reckon this window might turn out alright.

12. limerickcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    all of em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Why dont we just sell every one in the team (if any * will buy them) and spend the Van * money (coz he is the only one we can get a few quid for), to buy the whole Maribor team. At least then we can say we are a champions league club. And maybe we will see a team n the pitch that are trying :31:

13. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    Will say, VVD staying, if true, is a major plus, we would * miss him.

14. MikeyM

VvD just changed his twitter profile pic to him in a Dutch top as opposed to in a celtic top and took the Celtic player bit out of his bio

15. Seosamh Máirtín

It's been a total stinker. We've lost our best GK in * knows how long, we've released a talisman (Samaras; like him, or not), and sold Tony Watt - who I personally was really looking forward to seeing this season. A few youth players left, Denny Johnstone for money. Whether they are loses or not, time will tell.

Gordon may prove to be a reliable replacement for Fraser in time, but otherwise it looks like business as usual. If you even extend it to the last couple of windows...we've been bad for some time. VVD was a good signing, Johansen and Biton may prove to be useful, but when you compare them to what we've lost...we're just sinking, at the minute.

16. Seosamh Máirtín

We received more for Hooper than we paid for Balde, Pukki and Griffiths combined. Collectively, they will struggle to accomplish what he alone did in his short time at our club. Depressing.

Johansen for Ledley is the closest like for like signing we've had, and they're vastly different players. Oh, and we saved 500k on that deal, too.:56:

17. Dáibhí

I have a feeling this guy is going to end up being hated by our support.

18. Murph-E

I somehow doubt most of our supporters would be idiotic enough to "hate" our best player because he changed his Twitter profile pic, Jesus Christ :smiley-laughing002:

19. MikeyM

Not sure if that is a dig at me but in no way am I hating on him, but in terms of staying at the club it isn't that encouraging to see, just thought I'd inform the thread

20. Dáibhí

I don't think he'll be here after tomorrow night, and if he is I have a feeling he'll be making everyone know he's not happy about it.

His Twitter picture has nothing to do with it, I just think he's angling for a move, and that he'll do and say whatever it takes to get it.