1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you going to stay away on Saturday?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Soul Rebel, Dec 14, 2013.

Discuss Are you going to stay away on Saturday? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. saltire78

Ok, gonna clarify... hurt celtic by making us look disjointed and divided, not like an organised protest. Not impacting board as they already have the gate money and will just be made to look firm on the point in the face of resistance

2. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    Great idea, cause the FC united really showed them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

3. Glorious1967

For the time being boycott merchandise, dont buy programs, eat or drink in the ground, but renewal time is when it will be the best time for any boycott and when they release the new strips, thats when Lawwell is there for the taking

4. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

It's quite funny how everyone is now singing from the same hymn sheet after initially many of the "republicans" or "rebels" on this forum were criticised for slating the board. It was these people who were the first to object to the board's decisions to ban 128 people and come out and condemn the Wallace/Sands banner. And these people were called trolls and all sorts for doing so.

Now even the people we were totally on the opposite side of the fence are now talking about how it's disgusting the way some fans are treated.... funny that.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's not the "neds and scum" anymore, just the "normal fans". :rolleyes:

6. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

That's probably it knowing some of the ones on here...

i.e, one type of supporter is more important that other...

7. Markybhoy

If our supporters are serious about wanting to oust Peter Lawwell then this is undoubtedly the way they should go about it. Hitting the club where it hurts most, their coffers, is the only way to get the men at the top to listen.

I think the people who want rid of Lawwell and Lennon should be aware of one stark truth though - the new CE and manager, whoever they may be, are not going to give public support to the singing of rebel songs and they are not going to pander to neds who go around setting off smokebombs and smashing up seats.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  8. Glorious1967

I personally think lawwell has declared this war on the GB to take away focus at how he * up during the summer and how weak the team actually is, atm this has worked out perfectly for him, the GB has actually got the * off the hook for other more pressing matters, The Team

9. Markybhoy

The situation with the Green Brigade has become the big talking point at present, you're right there. I don't think the fans will forget the lack of quality signings though, I hope not anyway. Personally I'm still extremely * off at him for the lack of quality signings in the summer after all the money we've raked in over the past 18 months and I won't forget it in a hurry. That's two major transfer window failures he has under his belt now, January 2009 being the most memorable one.

10. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Where is the evidence of every one singing from the same hymn sheet? The poll says different.

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    For me given I now live in Chicago I will admit my opinion maybe doesn't have the strength of those who go to Celtic Park every couple of weeks. But for me all the problems we have currently are with the board not actually with the players or the team on the field. We can argue about is this player good enough etc but in general the current problems don't directly deal with the team at all. So in that sense I would find it hard not to support the team in terms of direct on the day support if I was able to be there.
    I would much rather see us find a way to make a stand that doesn't directly affect the players on the pitch on game day. But again I admit given where I live meaning I am not physically at Celtic Park very often I accept that I don't have all the facts. I just wish that we could support the team on game day and find another way to protest what is going on.

12. James Gold Member Gold Member

Boycotts never solve anything. I'd be all for banners around the stadium like there was against the bill

13. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We've only had two consecutive titles and CL campaigns. It's a lot of money granted but it's only the beginning.

We have a 5-year rolling business model to work with which is dependant on further CL entry.

What if we dont get in next season or the year after? It means the money we have made so far can help to offset the financial loss of that possibility.

The GB have been punished for breaking the rules. Banner after banner that UEFA have condemned and the vandalism at Fir Park is totally unacceptable.

I don't know what happened at Celtic Park the other day with stewards as I wasn't there but how can Lennon and Lawwell be the bad guys after we've had some of the best moments at Parkhead on and off the pitch for years?

Last season was fantastic we all saw a bright future but because our CL campaign has been such a disappointment this year, people are calling for their heads. Lennon loves this club and when has he ever shown otherwise?

That future still remains bright at Celtic Park and it carries on from today and into next season. Where our 3rd title has been wrapped up and into 3 consecutive CL campaigns with a vast amount of more financial gain to be earned.

What can a boycott actually do but dishearten our players on the pitch? What happened to "faithful through and through"?

Stick by the team, this is what we're supporters for. I support Celtic, not businessmen, and no businessman or board will ever get in the way of that.

14. Glorious1967

No direspect mate, but if in the 90's we stuck to being faithful through and through and said nothing, there would be no Celtic, paradise would have ended up as part of the forge

15. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    And to be fair, faithful through and through is usually only sung by about 15,000 people who stay until the end when we're on the end of a thumping in Europe.

16. Joebhoy

The way some fans were treated in the jock stein stand on sat was terrible I watched police video them from main stand for singing only Celtic songs.

17. Markybhoy

I'm pretty sure that Peter Lawwell has stated in the past that the board don't budget for Champions League income and that any income generated from that competition is a bonus.

18. SpellCheck92

Get to Celtic Park and support the team for * sake. Some of our fans just NEED something to complain about.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Do you get some kind of kick out these posts?

I used to think you were a hun but I know you aren't now.... that just makes your posts all the more depressing.

People just NEED to complain about harrassment for singing at the match?

People just NEED to complain about a bill designed to even up arrest rates?

People just NEED to complain about the fun being sucked out of going to watch your football team?

Are you actually for real, can you tackle these points and give me an indication of where youu are coming from?

20. Fatface

Very well put mate, I totally agree.

While I think the banning of the GB is over the top and some of the stewarding on Saturday was objectionable, it is also true that Celtic could not let the vandalism at Motherwell spiral into something worse.

I seriously hope its not the end of the GB, there is always the possibility that common sense will prevail.

All this talk about boycotts and FC Celtic of Glasgow is utter pish. The hun will be back in a couple of years and would love the thought of that happening.