1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you going to stay away on Saturday?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Soul Rebel, Dec 14, 2013.

Discuss Are you going to stay away on Saturday? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Don Larsson

Even as someone who believes the club had no choice but to disband the Green Brigade and have been equally critical of the timing of strategies within the Green Brigade yadda yadda. Yet I am genuinely concerned at the way some of our fans are being treated. However, I'm not yet at the 'nuclear' option which for me is not going, when I can. I definitely sense growing apathy but I think there is a slight overreaction at this juncture. If the situation regresses in the upcoming weeks then I would definitely consider it.

If those on here and elsewhere feel strongly enough about it, mobilise together and protest outside Celtic Park either before or after the game - that's if you don't want to protest inside the actual stadium.

2. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Looked like a decent protest v Hibs, the place was empty and silent. That must be the PLC model for progress play in a * atmosphere in front of about 20k

Will we have a new thread for the diets game, or are we keeping this one, i'm not going, its in the wrong hands...

3. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

If this sort of carry on from the board happened 20 years ago,there would be uproar,and not only would fans boycott the game,they would make their feelings known outside whilst the game was ongoing.

A protest will never happen.

4. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    That would be great to see. Get a few thousand outside the ground protesting whilst the game goes on inside in front of about 10000 people.

5. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Never going to happen dude.

It is the society we live in ow..got that "put up or shut up" attitude,and if people do disagree,they usually say * all.

6. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think missing one game is a small price to pay considering the bigger picture.

I think firstly the board need to address the stewarding and need to reduce match day pricing for the rest of the season and take on board that safe standing has to be the way forward in the short term and not something for in many years time.

7. Dáibhí

Missing one game will do * all for the bigger picture, especially if that game is the weekend before Christmas.

The club will simply announce an attendance of 46,000 and praise the fans who showed up.

Any protest against actual attendance will need to happen when those season ticket renewal forms drop through your letterbox. If the season ticket money takes a drastic drop (which I don't think it will, as I believe those who are angry today won't be so * off when it comes to losing their seat and access to Champions League games next season) we'll see the club react in some way.

The only real option is a protest outside the ground in my opinion. The TV and media will be all over it.

We just need to make sure that when the cameras are running they aren't talking to * idiots who make the cause look like a joke. We need people speaking who actually know what they're talking about.

We need a McGlone, Thompson, Duncan, Sweeney or Cunningham to step forward!

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Well said :50:

9. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

Great shout, a club for and owned by Celtic Fans, the GB should be making this happen,

Agreed with boycotting and not renewing, don't give them your money, for those that continue to attend but want to send a message, then a United style green and gold scarf protest, will get the message across, Red and Black until they're back might work

10. Dáibhí

Not wanting to be funny, but why wait on the Green Brigade making it happen? They're no more a fan of Celtic than you or me, and are no more capable of making such a thing happen than any other supporters group.

11. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

What it needs then, is individual's, who are serious about forming a FC Celtic, to get together and agree a strategy to make it happen, what league it would play in, ground, Tec, there is a precedent you know

12. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    People should start wearing something that shows their protest.

13. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

Something that stands out against the green,

This
    [​IMG]

Or this
    [​IMG]

Or this

[​IMG]

Maybe someone can get a poll going so we could vote on the colour

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Looks like wrigley has some merchandise he wants to sell.

15. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Depends if I'm feeling better and we don't get the weather we did yesterday.

The current division in the support is frying my nut tbh. I can't condone stewards 'clamping down' on people trying to make a positive atmosphere if indeed that's what was happening yesterday but I support Lennon and the club's stance over the past few weeks.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Our players have done nothing wrong. Go, support the team, but also don't be bullied by the stewards.

17. Markybhoy

I wonder how many of the ones staying away would stay away if it was a cup final or we were playing the zombies..................

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Or if we were still in the Champions League.

19. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Well i'm not sure i'd go to a game against them anyway and I wish it was a game against the zombies that would have a massive impact if people actually followed through with it.

Not really sure why people are wanting to get digs in though when all somebody like me wants is to get my club back and put an end to the heavy handed stewarding and policing inside the ground, which the club could do something about.

I would say to people who think it will have little impact because of Xmas etc what is the immediate alternative then? You keep saying don't renew but that's not for months yet, do we just keep going along getting treated like crap and then at renewal time make a stand when it may already have gone too far.

20. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I didn't go yesterday as was out on Friday & was totally *

I will be going to the game this Saturday