1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you going to stay away on Saturday?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Soul Rebel, Dec 14, 2013.

Discuss Are you going to stay away on Saturday? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Simple poll really. All the issues are being discussed in other threads and I think most people will be aware of what's going on.

So here's a question to those of you that are going or are thinking about going, would you consider staying away?

I won't be attending, but wanting to see if other people are considering giving it a miss as well.

I think this is one of the bigger home games of the season and would send out a considerable message to those at the top if the stands were even as empty as they were today.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  2. TheHappyLoss

The actions of the stewards today were shocking, but no I wouldn't not back the team. Maybe a Green Brigade style sit in silence for 15 minutes and then burst into life, but then again looks like sitting in silence is what they want :54:

3. ekghirl09

I have stayed away due to other commitments, but if I started getting any hassle from stewards etc, then I would stay away and get the season ticket refunded. I pay a lot of money to support my team and I don't buy this nothing to hide crap, that is used to justify the things that have been happening this season.
    I love going to games, but this is getting beyond a joke.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

I'm finished.

5. EoghanBhoy1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I wont be back to Celtic Park until all this criminalisation of fans is stamped out.
    Why would I pay around 100 quid that I cant afford to sit in silence having to watch my mouth incase im thrown out, and watch substandard football while PL is sitting in a box rolling in * money.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Too many apoligists at Celtic Park nowadays away games it is for me :54:

7. Higgie

Time for solidity I don't think anyone who disagrees with what our fans have been subjected to lately should be going to this. Just my opinion of course.

8. fms06

Time to stay away!

Not good enough going (and i realise supporting our team) and seating in silence. Time to show that this is our club. Lawell & Lennon can * off now !

9. Sween

Xmas crowds are always very low, especially when the weather was as bad as today. I don't think the board took any message from today as I don't think the crowd was any lower than what I remember last season at the same time.

Any boycott would have to be a proper mass boycott for anyone to tell the difference at the moment!

I can't make the early kick off next Saturday but recent events wouldn't have changed my decision to go either way

10. MartinR

wont be back untill the fans are treated like humans again. * them

11. MartinR

liewell couldnt give a * about use sitting in silence hes still got your hard earned cash! * him dont go support the team by turning up when the buses arrive( ano not possible for everyone) dont give those * your money

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Boycotting wont really work in the winter as the crowds are always about 25-35,000 in December and January every year so it wouldnt be noticable that there is a boycott.

What would be would be a full stadium with banners and stuff protesting.

13. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Won't be going to any games until everything is sorted I travel from England and refuse to do so with stewards behaving like that, lets hope the Lennon to West Brom rumour is true as well

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Should be done like the boycotts when we wanted rid of the old board,we have got rid of worse * than this,people that took us to the brink but we are still here :celt_2:

15. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    But if it was down to 10-15000 that would be very noticeable.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I dont think Boycotts really ever work for anything, you've got to be smarter about it although I dont know what could be done.

17. Jinky.

The 'GB NEDS' will be standing outside the ground as they aren't allowed in, doing a food bank collection for the poorest in our society, the East end of Glasgow is the poorest area in Britain and the club can't even give the staff a living wage. We have tory lords in the board room who are ripping the heart out of our club. If they are going to treat us like customers then lets act like it, what other business in the world treats paying customers like scum?

Personally i will be attending away games only from now on.

18. Sween

It would be noticeable but even then the seats will still be paid for and the board will still put it down to the time of year. The only way the fans will ever win an argument like this one is by not buying season books. Then the board would be absolutely forced to take notice. Until then they won't give a toss either way in my opinion.

A full boycott would have a big impact but fans are very split on this and there are thousands who wouldnt join in.

19. Mr. Slippyfist

Who the * legislates for this kind of scenario when they are buying season books at the beginning of the season though? The books are bought and paid for . The best action now is is to stay away from the game - affect attendance and matchday sales, then refuse to renew books at the start of next season.

20. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I'm sure I'll be banned before the seasons out with the way the club and police are conducting themselves.