1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Appiah and MaaKay

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Jack Simpson, Jun 7, 2007.

Discuss Appiah and MaaKay in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gunt

I just wish Appiah would just make his decision. * or get of the pot stephen! I could definately see us stretch to that fee for an exceptional player like him but Shalke are uber-rich :84: so if money is his main motivation we have no chance:38:.

2. Graham1888

slowly walking down the hall,faster than a cannonb
    Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrain.McStay Sutton.Thommo.Lubo.Mjallby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Think the craic with Appiah is that he just went under the knife and clubs are waiting to see how that went.

3. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, Four Leaf Clover

Trust you to bring up the subject of Appiah's craic. :84:

4. gunt

Sounds like a hemaroids bypass. You can lose a yard of pace after that kind of proceedure!

5. Graham1888

slowly walking down the hall,faster than a cannonb
    Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrain.McStay Sutton.Thommo.Lubo.Mjallby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Ah i know Dave, of a Friday morning my mind always turns to that kinda thing.

Is that what put a premature end to your playing career K?

6. weller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    i smell shiiiiiiiiite

7. Jack Simpson

your nose must be up your own * then...

8. jba

Fav Celtic Player:
    all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    here's it all from the bbcCeltic chase Fenerbahce's Appiah Stephen Appiah played for Ghana at the World Cup finals Celtic have told Fenerbahce of their interest in £5m-rated midfielder Stephen Appiah, BBC Sport believes. But the Scottish champions face competition from a number of other clubs for the 26-year-old Ghana international's signature. Schalke, who finished runners-up in Germany's Bundesliga, have been linked with Appiah, who helped Fenerbahce to the Turkish title this season. Appiah played for his country in last year's World Cup finals. However, he is likely to be just one of a number of players on Celtic manager Gordon Strachan's list of possible summer signings. With Celtic outgunning city rivals Rangers in the financial resources stakes, the rumour mill is rife in Glasgow about where Strachan will spend his cash. He has already signed strikers Scott McDonald, who cost £700,000 from Motherwell, and Chris Killen, who was out of contract with Hibernian. Scotland midfielder Scott Brown has also arrived from Easter Road for £4.4m. Celtic are believed to have been interested in bringing Craig Bellamy back to Glasgow and the Wales striker was thought to have been extremely interested. But it is believed that Liverpool's price tag of up to £9m will ward off Strachan's interest. Celtic are known to be interested in West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas, but the Wales international is more likely to join a Premiership club in England. Wage restrictions would also put paid to rumours that Arsenal winger Freddie Ljungberg was at Celtic Park for signing talks on Thursday. Of those names doing the rounds, Manchester United reserve striker Giuseppe Rossi is a more realistic loan signing. Celtic have also made an inquiry to Kilmarnock about Rangers target and Scotland squad striker Steven Naismith

9. gunt

The Appiah stuff is really building up in the press now and even a hardened sceptic like me is getting hopefull. Hope we dont get close but get disappointed here.

10. oasisgurl

Fav Celtic Player:
    the hoaly one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    as long as u keep as much faith in signing appiah, as u do in miller:84:, im sure good things will happen

11. gunt

I wiol go to my Kenny garden shrine and light a few candles of hope. Kenny is always looking over us and if we have faith our wishes will happen. WGS, book them and they will come!

12. oasisgurl

Fav Celtic Player:
    the hoaly one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    see while ur lighting ur candles of hope, can u light one for paul hartley from me:84:.
    anyways back to it, if appiah signs i will get his name tatooed on me

13. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    i think he would be a garde A signing and i do not think the german league is too much better than the SPL comapred to other leagues. Yet in terms of money i think we could be ok if we could offload Graverson and pay him similar wages

14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I agree I think Appiah would be a top class signing. Certainly it would seem we are right there in the hunt to sign him.