1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone on here been over for a Dortmund game?

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Seán Mac D, Nov 26, 2018.

Discuss Anyone on here been over for a Dortmund game? in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Looking into a Dortmund game for my 30th next year, I'm not seeing any direct flights to Dortmund from Glasgow, Edinburgh or Prestwick.

Has anyone on here done it?

If so, any advice on flights, accommodation, tickets and nightlife would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Fly to Dusseldorf and base yourself there. There are flights from both Edinburgh and Glasgow with Eurowings to DUS or Ryanair to Weeze which is a bit further out (15 Euro bus into Dusseldorf). There's better pubs, nightlife, a proper old town and more to see and do. Your football ticket will cover the train to the game. About an hour.

Dortmund city centre is nice enough but on a whole it's pretty industrial and parts the city are pretty run down. Go through early on the day of the game and hang about the place. It's always buzzing before a game. Again, your ticket will cover your travel on the U-Bahn or S-Bahn. Just follow the crowd.

Tickets will be hard to come by this season. Keep an eye on the club's ticketing site. You're more likely to get tickets for a game with less travelling fans, so Wolfsburg or Hoffenheim for example. Viagogo's an option if you can't get through the club, but it can get pricey. I've got lucky a few times and got near enough face value, but that's not common.

My brother lives over there, so I'm fairly familiar with the place. Just give me a shout if you need any more info.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks very much for that info mate, very much appreciated.

We'll be looking at dates and fixtures over the next few weeks so I'll probably be back in touch!

Bob Loblaw likes this.