1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Possibly that is part of it, but he was better on the ball and his positional sense seemed better than I have seen of late, which makes me think it is more than just that. Maybe the roasting he got in the PSG game added to his injuries have put doubts in his mind and he is overthinking everything he is doing. I get the feeling it is more a mental/confidence issue. Or maybe the step up is just too much for him. Time will tell I guess.

2. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Poor Ralston :54: Getting it from all directions. I understand peoples frustrations with him but I feel despite what you all think I believe he needs a little more time. I'm trying to think back to how much support he has had from coaching staff since coming in. No manager has actually given him much of a run and as for the loan to Dundee United...well Dundee United:39: You're not going to get the same level of training/coaching input as you will at Celtic. Ralston has something about him and given the right support might actually turn out to be a good squad player. If fans keep bashing him it's only going to make his time at Celtic miserable and knock his confidence.

I don't know what's happening but the language towards our own players has got uglier in recent years. Social media whips up a frenzy of constant criticism to the point where the language becomes unacceptable. To my way of thinking it's unnecessary because if a player is that bad and isn't showing anything it's for the manager to decide to remove them from the fold. It makes me think that they see something in Ralston or perhaps they're giving him his shot to prove himself. Not every player comes into a club and hits the ground running. He may not be a Celtic type of player and it may be his fate to move on but it would be nice if people could be a little more respectful of a guy just trying to do a job.

tarboltontim, M 67, dbhoy72 and 6 others like this.
  3. The67Sound

Bang on, both about Ralston and wider issues.

NomDePlum and Jeannie960 like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’s *.

It’s just the way it is, unfortunately.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That’s a phenomenal post Jeannie

The67Sound, NomDePlum and Jeannie960 like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Bit of frustration, in not having a quality RB in the squad.. being vented at him..

Don’t get me wrong he was pish the night.

Still only 20 another loan deal, maybe before he’s written off..

Rydo1888* and Jeannie960 like this.
  7. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The new Phil Lahm

8. joemc

Thought he would be great when he first got games ,he has got a whole lot worse really and that's a shame ,woulda loved him to bring great energy to that side of the park .

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I feel bad for him Jeannie, I honestly do..

Who doesn't love youngsters coming through the academy, especially Celtic daft one's, but...

There has to be a time where you look and think, is this player first team material? No. Is he adequate backup material? No..

I've just seen people call him pish tonight as we played an Estonian side and he still looked out his depth..

I thought there was a player there. He showed some signs after Christmas last season but he really has gone backwards. Looks slower. Looks even worse on the ball. Struggles to pass or keep a cross from going for a goal kick. Defensively his awareness seems worse..

This isn't his fault by the way. It's seasons upon seasons of neglecting a position that if we were even semi competent in our recruitment....Ralston would be nowhere near..

He'll have a decent career. Just won't be here..

10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He will never be good enough for Celtic and that's just the way it is. No disrespect to the lad.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    All this going backwards could have a lot to do with the fact that he hasn't been supported enough since coming through. As I said not everyone hits the ground running and some can take a while to really shine. We have to have faith in the manager and the coaching staff as they must see something. If they don't he's gone.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The manager doesn't have faith in him..

He wanted two right backs in and one of them to be a youngster..

He was dropped for a centre half to fill in at right back twice in the last tie and switched up the formation playing Forrest right wing back in the first leg of this..

He literally only got game time tonight as it was done and Elhamed is ineligible..

He may stay as a reserve third backup right back but the writing is on the wall for him. Played like he knew it tonight as well..

13. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

He's not a great footballer and never has been. No point in sugar-coating it.

Nothing personal against the guy.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Officer Doofy likes this.
  14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Well all I can say is we will see. You may very well be right and time will tell.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  15. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There's a reason he wasn't trusted when lustig was falling to bits last season. He's pish

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Players on loan at other Scottish clubs will usually still do some training at Lennoxtown.

There’s no point making excuses for him, he’s not good enough and it’s not disrespectful to state that.

17. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The fact Rodgers compared him to Danny McGrain just proves once and for all that Rodgers had absolutely no idea who Danny McGrain was.

18. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No idea what to say about this player. Best fnd another team and take the Charlie Mulgrew route back home!

19. Murph-E

18 year old David Marshall was thrown in at the deep end vs Barcelona and performed * phenomenally. Maybe it's less to do with bad luck, inconsistent playing time or a 4 month loan to Dundee United than some want to pretend.

20. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Long gone past a bit of frustration being aimed at him because of the RB situation.

Only going to get worse now if we play him again too. We're about to go up against the proper teams now and he is still the only recognisable RB. Theres not even a credible link to us getting one in aswell.

We all know what sort of player he is at this point. People are only repeating themselves.