1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Hendo was a scrawny * too

2. Murph-E

Touchy as * haha.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Is it me or has he grown to be quite annoying, like he thinks he's the bollocks when he's strutting about with Hibs..

Certainly didn't feel like that when he was breaking through here..

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Heehee.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Lads lads lads.

6. T.Rogne25

He's actually very similar to Tierney in the way he plays from what I've seen, hopefully see more of him next year.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Hopefully he can make the step up. I just hate that RD left it so long to play the youngsters and/or fringe players.

When Janko was injured, who was the cover? * Efe... This boy should have had his chance by now.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

When the League was won, same as every single other Manager.

Apart from the guys that were clearly ready like McGregor and KT.

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

cant say ive noticed tbh

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  12. Priest

Anthony Ralston signs new three year deal with Celtic

PROMISING young Celtic defender Anthony Ralston has today signed a new three year with deal with the club.
    The 17-year-old has enjoyed a tremendous term at Paradise which culminated in him making his top-team bow in the penultimate match of the season away to St Johnstone.
    Having impressed during a loan spell at Queen’s Park in the first half of the campaign, where he picked up valuable competitive experience, the right-back was brought back to Paradise by Ronny Deila only to suffer two consecutive injuries.
    Refusing to be deterred, however, Ralston made a swift recovery and within a matter of months he was back playing with Development Side and training with the senior squad.
    And in the 76th minute of the Hoops’ clash at McDiarmid Park, Ralston got the rewards for his endeavours by coming off the bench to replace Saidy Janko and fulfil a lifelong ambition.
    It was a moment to treasure for the Uddingston Bhoy, who has been part of the Celtic Youth Academy since the age of eight, and now he will be aiming to maintain this progress and make inroads into Brendan Rodgers’ side over the coming campaign.
    Meanwhile, versatile midfielder Innes Murray has also pledged his future to the Bhoys today after extending his contract at the champions.
    The 18-year-old was an important member of the Development Squad which managed to go throughout the entire league campaign without defeat as they stormed to the title.
    He also featured for the young Hoops in European competition during the previous campaign, including the UEFA Youth League and the Premier League International Cup.

13. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002:

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Celtic defender Anthony Ralston described his new three year deal with the champions as “unbelievable” after putting pen to paper on a new contract at Paradise earlier today.
    The talented full-back committed his future to the Celts by extending his current two year deal with a fresh agreement today and he told the official Celtic website in an exclusive interview that he was lost for words after pledging the next three years to his Bhoyhood club.
    “I’m over the moon,” he said. “I was here only last year signing a two year contract so to be brought in a year into that to sign a three-year deal is a big achievement. I’m very proud.
    “I’ve been a Celtic fan all my life as well so on a day like this, to sign a big contract for the club I’ve supported, makes me very proud and my family, who were all with me, are too. I’m really happy.
    “I can’t put it into words other than to say it has been unbelievable. From being such a young age coming to the club and working my way up I could never imagine back then that I’d be sitting here at 17 saying that I’d made my debut and signed a three year contract, especially as a fan.”
    Ralston has been a Celtic player from the age of eight and has worked his way up through the ranks of the club’s Academy system with the teenager citing Martin Miller, Under-eight to U15 Academy Manager, as a major influence.
    Ralston’s combative and committed approach to defending combined with his forward play from the right-full back position eventually won him the attention of the first-team coaches last season and he was introduced to the senior squad’s training sessions.
    Aged just 16 at the time, Ralston then moved to Queens Park for six months on loan where he spent an educational and formative period working under Gus MacPherson before former Celtic manager Ronny Deila recalled the youngster to the Celts first-team set-up in January.
    Injury curtailed his development on his return, but only temporarily, and Ralston returned to full fitness after a period on the sidelines to make his debut at McDiarmid Park and join in the post-match celebrations on trophy day at Paradise the following weekend.
    His goal now is to impress new manager Brendan Rodgers and Celtic’s Head of Youth, Chris McCart, said the 17-year-old will have every chance of doing that if he continues to work hard.
    “Anthony has had a very good season and his hard work has been recognised at the end of the season with him making his debut,” he said.
    “He’s got to consolidate and build on what happened last year. Anthony has excellent enthusiasm and an excellent attitude which rubs off on his team-mates so he needs to keep leading by example.
    “Hopefully that gets recognised with our new manager and that’s the same with all players. They’ve got to try to impress the management team and they now have a fresh start.
    “There are no guarantees for Anthony but if he keeps on working hard then he’ll give himself every chance.”

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ANTHONY Ralston was delighted to make his first-team debut towards the end of last season, coming on as a substitute against St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park.
    It was a big step for the 17-year-old, although he knows that it’s only the start of the hard work that he'll need to put in to hopefully one day becoming a regular in the team.
    But the defender took another step forward in his development when he played in Celtic’s 2-2 draw against NK Celje in the opening game of their pre-season tour of Slovenia on Thursday night.
    Brendan Rodgers put an entirely new team out for the second-half of the game, and Ralston took up a right-back role, helping the Hoops battle back from 2-0 down to gain a draw, courtesy of goals from Nadir Ciftci and Tom Rogic.
    He also came close to scoring, with his shot from the edge of the box well saved by the Celje goalkeeper.
    Speaking to Celtic TV after the game, the young Celt explained that he’s enjoying being part of the first-team’s pre-season activities.
    “It was very tough in the heat,” he admitted, “and it was a tough game to come in for the second-half when the game is already rolling, but it was a good test, it was good for me and I enjoyed every single minute of it. It showed a good mentality from the boys to come back and get back into the game.
    “It feels brilliant to come away with the first-team and I want to keep that going and be involved in it. It’s a great experience, especially with the new manager, and everyone’s buzzing. I’m enjoying every minute of it, working away and tests like this are always good for your fitness and getting back into the season.
    “I’m just taking everything in, the whole experience and all the tips that the manager and the first-team players are giving me, on where I should be and different aspects of my game, and learning everything I’ve been told.”

17. shaunm

How did he get on last night?I missed the 2nd half.

18. Priest

Played well as did most of the players in the second half :50:

19. Keano88

Bump for later.

Sounds like he's been getting forward well and has put in at least one very dangerous cross.

20. shaunm

Think he could make it here