1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Treble

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ciaran_67, Sep 24, 2018.

Discuss Another Treble in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I don't see it this year to be honest, I think Hearts will take one of the cups.

shaunbhoy67 and Liam Scales like this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

It's a matter of time. Can't * wait.

3. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    For me the main thing is win the League,then after that have our longest run in Europe since 2003,anything else is a beautiful bonus.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If we win the first cup which we have a very good chance of doing if we get by the diets, then the confidence that will give us to nail the other 2 will see it becoming looking a way off for the first time in 3 year's, to likely..

5. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We’ll win the league, there’s no doubt about that.

Aside from that I want to see us make progress in Europe before anything else which would mean getting out of the group and with a reasonable draw get to the last 16 of the Europa League. Not overly optimistic about that happening though.

6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Another bump of my mystic thread folks.

The treble will be won. No harm.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Still not for me. It would be relentless winning of a type never seen before in Scotland.

We will win the League, we’ve put ourselves in the position to win the League Cup but to do both and still navigate another Scottish Cup run would be almost impossible IMO.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I think it can be done and is quite likely, the League is in the bag already. We're in 1 final already and I just can't imagine anyone beating us in a game we need to win domestically, we're too good and levels above the rest it will take a dodgy decision or a moment of madness from someone getting sent off or that to undo us.

Players like Brown, Ntcham, Tierney, Forrest, Boyata, McGregor, Rogic, Benkovic really just shouldn't be beaten in Scotland when they don't want to be and put in the effort to make sure they don't which they do in 5-10 League games a season and the Cups.

9. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    We can only beat ourselves , who's going to stop us ? already in 1 cup final and ive seen nothing from Hearts,Aberdeen and Huns to suggest they can topple us in any competition unless were not at it or a dubious decision. but not over 38 games for a league.

We have the best squad and manager but it's still a difficult thing to do and keep winning all the 3 trophies.

10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Would love to do it again, it would be absolutely amazing. On current form I give us a real chance. The last 3 matches has been like a return to the old Celtic. Earlier in the season we looked slow, turgid, predictable and really, really boring.

Over the last month or so we've began playing our way into some form, starting in that second half at McDiarmid Park in the Cup. It's like we've rediscovered how to attack teams, and the players now look like they're enjoying themselves again.

I have definitely enjoyed watching the last 3 (domestic) games and it's now at the point where I'm really looking forward to our next match.

The IRA likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Never seen in world football. Would be mental.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Definitely the double..

When you factor in our best centre half being out. Our captain centre mid. Our competition striker. Hammered the diets with no central midfield.....then it's clear we'll smash the sheep in the final and we look like gearing up well for the league now where everyone else looks unable to lay a glove on us..

Hopefully the likes of Sinclair coming back to form, Christie coming on to a game and Mulumbu and other's to come back and we genuinely have the squad to do it..

I wouldn't bet against it now having seen us come through our worst spell in 3 seasons and still seeing where we are at the end of it, which is in a very good position domestically..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  13. celtic warrior

Obvs winning the league, should really be going on to beat the Sheep.

assuming that happens I'd bet anything and everything teams will go so negative they'll try sneaking extra players on and just playing a different sport and go full throttle bare knuckle fighting on our guys.

14. Jeremie Frimpong

If Aberdeen play in the League Cup final the way they did yesterday, we’ll beat them without breaking a sweat.

The league and Scottish Cup are by no means a formality this season though (although we should win the former comfortably enough).

The IRA likes this.
  15. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Things can change so quickly in football.

There was a time when this thread and the very idea of another treble seemed absurd.

The last few weeks have really changed things however.

I think we'll win the league and I think we'll win the league cup. But I still don't think we're as good as we were, how confident would you be, for instance, if Rogic and Forrest got injured for a few months? Rogic in particualr doesn't have a great injury/fitness record.

There's also the possibility that, even with an on-form team, we could come unstuck against a team with one of those plastic pitches who could make it very difficult in a one-off game.

Would be amazing to do it though. Given the * we've had to deal with this season, if it were to happen, I'd rate it above the invincible treble tbh.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Good post. No point getting carried away just yet. Aye we seem to have turned a corner domestically but as you say 1 or 2 injuries and we could come a cropper.

Too many variables at this point to get ahead of ourselves. I think we'll win the League Cup final comfortably and I think we'll win the league comfortably as long as we continue as we are. With the Scottish Cup all it takes is one off-day (of which we've had a few) and/or 1 set of officials out to do all they can to stop it eg. Meekings hand-ball.

I hope Rodgers has them under instruction not to speak about any Treble Trebles in the media. We already have a big target on our back given that we've wiped the floor the last few seasons. Let's do as Broony says and continue to 'do our talking on the park'.

The IRA and Paddy156 like this.
  17. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    A double is still a great season , to win 3 is out of the ordinary and weve done it the last 2 seasons , ye get hungry for more though and the more you win , the easier it gets collecting them as a squad were used to winning, when you get the league cup out the way it sets up the season, As long as the huns dont win the scottish trophyless again.

18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Has been done by South China 79 to 81,but that is the Hong Kong league. Sadly Rangers still hold the world record for domestic trebles.
    A double would still be good but the media would spin it as a fall from grace. In reality if we had won doubles the past 2 seasons people would be happy

Liam Scales likes this.
  19. aliceinsound

You make it sound alot harder than it is, we will likely win league regardless, after that win 6 cups ties, every chance we end up with 1 or 2 of those ties being against part time teams, and 1 is Aberdeen at Hampden. Nothing about that is remotely impossible

20. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I would rather we play European Football in April as we wrap up the league:lol: