1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Walker on SSN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TheZacDaddy, Jun 20, 2011.

Discuss Andy Walker on SSN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheZacDaddy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    What a little *! :31:

Saying Celtic will sell if we receive certain offers, such as just over what we paid for Broony and double what we paid for Izzy & Kayal respectively.

Why don't you * right off, you little fud! :31:

I really don't know what the problem is with the likes of him, Nicholas and Burley but on the other side of the city any old huns are so far up the smith/sally, etc, etc arses you can barely see their shoes.

Whereas our old players can't wait to stick the boot in to the club who once paid their wages and gave them the opportunity to win trophies and play European football, something they would have struggled for elsewhere.

2. Larsson93

I love laughing at people that think they are ITK. How would Walker know how much our players would go for?

3. Heb Celt

I think he's one of the better pundits,sticks up for Celtic most of the time.

4. GreenLeanMean

calm it he was hardly slating celtic he was just giving his opinion

5. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    just making a point in what he thinks may happen? there are vultures above parkhead just now so the quicker lenny gets these deals on the table and tells interest from other teams to * off? then walker wont be the only one that will say these things.

6. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    tbf he's right, ok he might be undervaluing them a bit but if celtic do get proper, good offers for players they will sell; for the record i think all these stories are mostly bullshit dreamed up by a bored media devoid of any transfer action so far, i wouldnt worry too much :50: the bottom line is we dont have to sell if we dont want too unlike another team in glasgow...

i agree though that it does seem our ex players are almost forced to be overly critical of the club to protect their "impartiality" something which ex huns in the media have no problem in breaking (gordon smith, mark hately to name a few); perhaps they likely know taking regular pot shots at celtic is the way to get ahead in the scottish media :rolleyes:

7. Smileyy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    calm down mate, he was basically telling the truth lol

8. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    So he think's we'll sell Izzy for 1.2 mill.. Can't see that happening myself.

9. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I don't think Izzy and Brown would even want to leave tbh

Callum McGregor likes this.
  10. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    that is obviously crap, and if walker said it he's talking *. at the the end of the day he doesn't know whats going on at celtic and i'm glad its that way, better to conduct business in a professional manner without much fanfare, unlike say, the huns, who had an article on their official website last week saying that hemed was effectively signed; we all know what happened then :56: you wouldnt get that on the celtic website, i can tell you that

plus walker has previous for *, remember last year he was calling neil a "liar" because he said he wanted a "british/ irish" spine to the team yet signed izzy, juarez and kayal...............

......and forster, ledley, commons, hooper, stokes, murphy :87:

these folk in the media are best ignored :50:

11. Markybhoy

Andy Walker is closer to the truth than the people on here who claim Izaguirre and Kayal are worth £10million each.

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Tbh i think at times we get over sensitive when an ex player gives an opinion.

13. Seosamh Máirtín

Taking into account how great the players values would be if they were elsewhere, then 10 million isn't far off. If we do sell either player, I'd like to think we'd get a clause in that entitles us to a percentage of the profits of the next transfers.

14. pod

He wouldn't be if we had a board who were not all about money and balancing acts, thus making it known that they will sell at stupidly low prices.

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I like Andy Walker, he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder and he is always quick to praise Celtic when it is due.

I'm not sure I understand the problem with him?

16. T.Rogne25

Provan and Hartson seem to be fairly bias towards us but most of the other ex-players talk *.

17. Markybhoy

Did we sell Stilian Petrov at a stupidly low price?
    Did we sell Aiden McGeady at a stupidly low price?

The board do a good job of running the financial side of the club.

18. McStay

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Kayal is worth more than 10 million!

6.5 million for Stilian Petrov was very low, in my opinion. We sold a box-to-box, goalscoring midfielder in the best years of his life for 6.5 million. Not much more than what Kyle Laugherty was worth. If he'd been playing for Villa instead of us for all those years and putting in the same performances and we wanted to sign him, do you honestly think we'd get him for 6.5 million? When he was here he was one of the best midfielders in Europe, imo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  19. Markybhoy

If that's your opinion then you're entitled to it. Personally, at this stage, I don't think he is.

20. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

To all the people that say Kayal and Izzy can't be worth big money because they only had one good season...

Boumsong went to Newcastle for £8m after 6 months at Rangers. Cuellar went to Villa for £8m after one season.

If the scum across the city can get that kind of money for top players so can we.

Anything under £8m shouldn't even be debated.