1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Anderlecht v Celtic, Champions League, 27th September, Kick Off 19:45. Live BT Sport

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Sep 23, 2017.

Discuss Anderlecht v Celtic, Champions League, 27th September, Kick Off 19:45. Live BT Sport in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Steven Gerrard loved the first goal was praising it on BT Last night

Callum McGregor likes this.
  2. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Our joint biggest win in the Champions League

3. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Really glad Boyata had a stormer last night, really proved himself and as I said before the season he'll only get better he's an incredibly hard worker.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Tbf, the start we made and the sloppiness, better teams would punish us for that and our heads would go down. We battled through and produced 70 minutes of utterly class football.

That should give us a platform to believe in ourselves to do it the full 90 next time around.

Of course with that being Bayern Munich it may not be good enough but we can only do as much as we can.

Artorias likes this.
  5. celtic warrior

It is the adaptability of the team last night that impressed.

The worst start to a game I can ever remember but they didn't let their heads drop they stayed focused and controlled and picked their chances to get control of the game and then once that happened they near strolled the second half.

Wonderful stuff said last night but just because of how things turned out compared to the start this result is equal to beating Barca

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The way things are going we have a much better thought of qualification than I would've originally thought. When the group was drawn you would've thought it was between PSG and Bayern for first/second, and between ourselves and Anderlecht for third/fourth. The way things are playing out it looks as though PSG are by far the best, and Anderlecht are the worst, leaving us in a straight shootout with Bayern for second. Obviously they're firm favourites for that 2nd spot, but stranger things have happened. Basically PSG beating everyone, and both us and Bayern beating Anderlecht, means we're in a two horse race for one spot.

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Thank you so, so much! Torrents are one of the few things that work where I am!

8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I must admit that LB's face after the second goal got to me a bit. Looked so gutted.

freitassen likes this.
  9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The really surprising thing is the distance covered considering we had most of the possession and they were exhausted at the end.

Just shows how fit we are and how hard we work to make passing angles.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Always think there's a big difference chasing the ball than controlling the game, one is mentally exhausting, the other gives you a wee burst of joy in your football.

Sean Daleer and Random Review like this.
  11. Nowhereman

Did this actually happen? Or was it all a dream?

BigWilly, pete0301 and TIM O'Brien like this.
  12. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Absolutely superb win and really puts us in a promising position to finish third and have Europe after Xmas :60:. With that result, (depending on how results turn out) could mean for return game at CP, a draw is still a decent result as we'll have the better H2H. Even if we lose say 1-0 (Highly doubt it) we'd still go through! (Unless there's a twist in the tale and they get a fluke result from the PSG games of course) However, I really think we'll do this mob at home and wouldn't surprise me if we win 3-0 again. They'll now have to really go for us and with our pace on the counter - we'll cut them to pieces. Nothing too much to worry about, I'm 99% we'll score at least 2 with Roberts, Sinclair and Dembele/LG on the pitch so we've just got to keep it right at the back and we're good to ease to a comfortable victory. Obviously, by then They'll have a new manager and I'm sure will be much better than last night but - That doesn't worry me. We've got a * strong team and last night sent out a message. The days of us turning up and 'enjoying' the 6 matches is over, BR wants us to aim higher. I love it!

Hopefully PSG will turn Anderlecht over home and away and then they've got Bayern and us - Can see them finishing with maybe 2 points if they're lucky.

Really looking forward to the Bayern Munich game now and means I'll be away to relax (a bit) and just enjoy the game. Its a free game, fully expect a heavy defeat but with them performing so poorly at the moment....Who knows, be very interesting if we could nick a goal from a set piece!

Our game plan worked last night, such a professional performance from us. We made, a very decent, experienced European team look ordinary. They couldn't cope with our pace and power.

Perfect response to that 5-0 drubbing and after PSG put 3 past Bayern, doesn't seem a that bad.

Huns telling us we wouldn't get a single point!!! They must have watched that last night and feeling clinically depressed as to how big the gap is.

Well done lads! Onwards me match.

I've done the predictor from our group and I've got us on 6 points and Anderlecht on 1 point with Bayern and PSG taking the Champions League places. Anyway I've spent wayyyy too much time analysing these fixtures I think I'm becoming obsessed.. Time for the walking dead and a cup of coffee.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Callum McGregor likes this.
  13. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I think we can turn BM at home and scrane a draw away
    We are a team that is getting believe in europe

14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well they have just sacked Ancellotti so it could go either way in terms of their teams mindset. Could there be turmoil in the Munich camp or is there is a bounce back reaction no way of really knowing of course but they are still a team loaded with massive talent. All we can do is be at our best and see where that takes us. If we are I think we are capable of at least getting a draw in the home match against Bayern.

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He certainly did have an excellent game last night and it showed how much we missed him when he was out for the earlier rounds.

16. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    1.5 million in the bank?

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We must win the treble this season another cl win and a foray into a europa semi .... turnover would good ten million more I'd think

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

freederry20 likes this.
  18. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    our defence is gelling we have 3 weeks to go (pity about internationals), a few players are still not up to match sharpness yet , Paddy ( he wasnt used by Man. CT. in the pre season games,,,, Cham is still a foot of the pace, Callum has to start strutting and show who he is ( it will come with experience)

Every team in the world wants to beat us now,,,we are going from strength to strength now.... we need a strong Dun.Utd to force us on

jpb likes this.
  19. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Their keepers a fat *

Marty McFly and freederry20 like this.
  20. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Anybody know the bayern team we faced under oneil and is there current side better,remember khan in goals thats about it.He was similer level as neur,only neurs out so thats good.Did we draw at cp against bayern before?