1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

All Standing Stadia

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Apr 4, 2018.

Discuss All Standing Stadia in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Martybhoy87

Would you all welcome an all standing stadium or would you think its overkill? i personally think the seats should be free folding during matches and not locked on an upright position. i know we would have to lock them down in Europe. just looking for everyone's opinion.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Stupid idea..

Lots of people will want to sit for lots of reasons age, health, prefer & hospitality etc..

Another section at the the other end of Celtic Park would work for us.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Sween, Raoul Duke, Gabriel and 3 others like this.
  3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

"Sit down for the Champions, Sit down for the Champions!"

Nakamura88 likes this.
  4. Cbhoy67

All standing, nope, just wouldn't work for many reasons which have already been noted.

However, we do need another GB standing section directly opposite in the corner between Main and JS or the corner between North and JS. When the GB pause between songs/chants, you can hear a pin drop at Celtic Park. Too much reliance has been placed on the small standing section in my opinion. A coordinated GB section directly opposite would work well. There's probably the demand for it too if Celtic will allow.

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Don't think that would work tbh. There's an unofficial alternative standing section in the Jungle Bhoys and it just sounded like a rabble when they had started signing different songs.

If there's sufficient demand then expand the existing section out into the Lisbon Lions stand .

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

No but making the whole lower lisbon lions to the huns section and part of the lower North stand would be great. A full standing stadium will never happen.

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Would never happen.

What should happen, as has been alluded to above, is a larger section behind the goals. There is easily scope and interest for that to be done. Like the one Bayern have and, to a lesser extent in our case, BVB's 'Yellow Wall'.

A lot more intimidating if we have the core '300' GB guys with about 8-10k around them jumping about as well.

eire4 likes this.
  8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Was thinking the same myself the other day watching the Ross County game and the Liverpool guys were up to see the standing section. I was thinking well it was been such a success for us time to make the entire lower section behind the goal safe standing.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Would love it to happen.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  10. celtic warrior

Don't think an all standing stadium is really that practical in reality.

Would love it if an entire stand was safe standing though, might even make it a good business case to slightly increase capacity to 65000 as well as I'm sure loads of fans would be gagging for a slice of that action.

11. apevrak

Would love to see a standing section in one of the ends in the future. Think the sound would carry better around the stadium compared to the current setup.

12. aliceinsound

im not sure it would gain approval for the upper tier, even though i stand when im up there, it is a very steep and i can imagine it is not a pleasant experience for someone with a fear of heights. i think the option to sit would really need to stay there