1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Agm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jamie, Oct 8, 2004.

Discuss Agm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jamie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden, Jinky, Tommy Burns.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A Grand Old Team
    Going to the AGM next week. Anyone for deja vu ?
    "Prudence, dont want to go down that road, Mr. Desmond's at a very important business meeting.... etc. etc."

2. lupin43

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and Neil and Jackie and LUBO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song and Viva Espania
    I know i may sound stupid but what is AGM?????????

3. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Annual General Meeting I believe

4. lupin43

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and Neil and Jackie and LUBO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song and Viva Espania
    oh ok thanx

5. Dubsbhoy Banned!

i read Murray had a few digs at us at the huns AGM and has promised to clear all debts by next year. It's no wonder all huns go around with their head in the sand when the chairman/owner goes around talking *.

As i always say it comes from the top down.

6. Dubsbhoy Banned!

What a load of my bollox :icon_evil

Source: sunday mail

FFS this makes depressing reading :icon_evil

7. HOOPY

Im Still Really Piised Off

This is to anyone who has the pleasure of attending our agm please voice my opinion and i hope alot more timz feel this strongly about this subject as i do
    the release of the celtic top was wrong they should have stalled it until next year when nike comes in to play
    nike was in the pipeline so i believe its time the club look after there supporters the club as ripped us off
    in my household i buy 3 strips that is £100 pound+ every new top that comes out now next year that will be another 100 pound its a joke
    Dermont Desmond who he only shows up for rangers and european games and does not put a penny into celtic football club
    same goes for rod stewart billy connely why do these people get tickets for uefa cup final when some of us who went to every round home and away and still never got a ticket HOW DOES THIS WORK
    anyway ta thats enugh moning
    hail hail as always

8. Dubsbhoy Banned!

agree with you 100% hoopy im glad i didnt buy the new strip it shows a lack of respect to supporters to be bringing out new kits every chance they get, it's even more of an insult when all that money spent by fans is not seeing to be put back into the club. How the * can we expect MON to stick around when his hands are tied behind his back.

1.5 mill to replace larsson is beyond a joke can't wait to see the outcome of the AGM on wednesday altough i can guess the boards response to issues raised.

Excuses
    Excuses
    Excuses
    :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil

9. Jamie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A Grand Old Team
    Hoopy and Dubsbhoy,
    I'll do my best at the agm but never manage to get near the mike. May be stage managed but hope not. Last year a video was played before proceedings and people were constantly referred to video points.
    Mr.Desmond left halfway, what a surprise. Really fed up with him and his premiership dream, it's never going to happen. UEFA, P'ship clubs and English police wont allow it.

10. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

I was stupid enough to buy the new top only to find out a few days later that Nike will be making our kits next year!!

I too spend £100 every time we get new home and away kits. I also have a feeling that when our deal runs out with Carling which is the year after our first Nike kits have been made and released, we will get a new sponsor and will have to fork out another £100!

I also think that this is a joke that we have spent our budget and MON will probably not be getting money to bring in players. It confuses me were are hard earned money goes to at Celtic Park!!

11. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    Straight into the shareholders pockets, CM, that's where...

12. hooperman

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    I don't think the present board are working in Celtic's best interest
    I agree with earlier threads that we have the huns by the balls and have the means to confine them to the history books for the next 10 years
    It takes a bit of investment and some forward thinking to progress the hoops along.
    The board should not be hung up on a possible move to the Premiership in England as after all even there its only the top 4 or 5 teams that can compete in Europe.
    Celtic have a solid base of fans who support them year after year even in the lean years our buses to the park were full
    We have the usual hangers on who snub a home game against minor opposition so that they can make the glamour games but they thankfully are in a minority
    I remember the barren years when our CSC leader moaned that he would have to take a bus back 3 days later knowing full well that we would probably be stuffed again...He did come back and was full of hope and he will come back time and time again.
    The PLC should be thankfull to Saint Martin and his endeavours and give the fans some quality players and pride back into their hearts
    We dont want 30+ year old has beens nor second rate players like Camara
    We deserve the best that money can buy
    We are not an exclusively parochial Glasgow Club.We are a team that maintains the ethos of Brother Walford A team that unites Celtic minded people across the Globe.
    We have a wealth of untapped revenue in today's world but we do not need to rip off fans with new tops that are unfashionable a year after being released
    We don't need a club website either that you have to pay for everything on the menu
    Our independent websites are forthcoming more with news and events at Parkhead,
    The Board are out to fleece us
    They can
    * OFF
    Celtic will be around long after they have shifted their mortal coils
    Up the revolution

13. Stephen

great post comletely agree, now i have to pay about $20 australian to watch the hoops play on a small screen, and the pub is about 40 mins away and i cant get there :(, but i thinks that setanta not the celtic board...

14. BB Banned!

just seen what was said at the agm....glad the debt has reduced...not too happy about the budget that martin had and used...Thought the board said that they would support MON to replace larsson.. how can £1.5 millon do this..
    confused and bemused....

15. Jamie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A Grand Old Team
    Just back from the agm. Martin had plenty to say, all of it re the playing side. Girl from Celtic trust made some valid points but I lost interest when "numpty" was used. Keep it intellectual please. As for the guy who told the board, aside from Martin, to "get their jaickets on and go" did he not know the press were in attendance ? He had actually made some good points about domestic cup ticket prices and queueing for euro tickets but let himself, and his points, down.
    Disappointed there was no mention of new, or improved, training facilities and also short-sightedness of board re the Larsson situation. They knew since 2001 when he was leaving after all.
    The club were contracted to release another home kit under the umbro deal so that is something they had no control over.
    Oh and Dermot Desmond wasn't there but he spelt out his p'ship dream in the video interview.

16. BB Banned!

sounds like they made their excuses good..
    any mention of any budget for players for january or is what weve got what we will have for the next few seasons?
    unless of course hartson and others decide to leave

17. Jamie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A Grand Old Team
    They boxed clever about January. Peter Lawell said everything he said in Sunday Mail interview. Dwight Yorke would've taken them over budget, sincerely glad they never went over budget !!

18. BB Banned!

Yeah mate me too...
    that would have been a waste of a non-existing budget that would...

One thing worries me though...we have signed camara on loan...if he does the business would we have the money to keep him or would we have just paid for the privlege of putting him in the shop window for wolves?

seems like a strange one to me..

any thoughts?

19. Dubsbhoy Banned!

what can't the board tell the * truth at the start of a season instead of letting you believe you have money to spend. 1.5 million ??? thats absoloute bolox were been taking for a ride by these lying * they should go into politics.

20. Jamie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A Grand Old Team
    Now they're saying that Martin's budget figure included wages so the actual sum was about £4.5m, used up by Camara's loan fee, his and Juninho's wages.
    If Camara does well they wont be able to afford him anyway. The youth system was mentioned far too often for my liking yesterday, tho' Martin did stress a team full of kids wouldn't win the SPL.
    Big transfers and wages will soon be over.